Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

TP2000

But yes, Moana, although expensive, was a component of a larger project that did not get fully realized.

But none of that changes the fact that Moana will now be judged as a stand-alone attraction.

Because that's what Moana now is. A stand-alone attraction.

What could Disney do, besides staff CM's to stand every 20 yards long the path to say over and over and over again "This was just supposed to be a small walk-through that was part of a much larger park expansion. Don't judge this on its own merits, pretend the whole park also got upgraded and then this seems more fun. Pretend there's a few new E Tickets out there, and then this isn't that bad. Right?"

Moana (and Encanto) are on the latest Nielsens Top Ten streamed movies... again. They've been popping up on the list more often than not for the past few years.

So, are you thinking this attraction will actually disappoint more people than if Moana hadn't been reasonably popular on Disney+?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I spoke with someone who was able to preview. I’m paraphrasing but they basically said it was nice to look at the water features and rock work, but it’s probably a one and done for most. Pathways were wet and being splashed in sections (some by design, some not). Overall thought was that space and money could have been used for something much better but we’ll see how it does.

Cliff

I Know that "Journey of Water" was part of a larger construction project. But I would love to know how many hundreds of millions of dollars they dumped into the development and construction of just this attraction itself.

I'm guessing that Disney would be too embarassed to tell us....

Casper Gutman

That actually looks worse then I expected, especially the "guest controlled" fountain at the end that seems reminiscent of some of the old Imagination exhibits that never really worked the way they were supposed to. One wonders how long the components here will continue to function.

Journey of Motion Sensors Inspired by Moana

GimpYancIent

A series of interactive water features, nice, soooooo how long did it take to create / build this? Maybe it will seem different after drinking around the world?

Surferboy567

Is it a masterpiece? No

Is it what EPCOT needs right now? No

I however still think it’s a charming addition but far from the revolutionary thing they are playing it up with all the marketing. This is of course going off the limited video. It also doesn’t appear it’s very heavy handed in terms of how “inspired” this attraction appears to be. Lots will disagree with me but with EPCOT needs is more attractions. I argue that Guardians has done wonders for EPCOT as they finally have an attraction that can be a huge draw to the park. If they can get another like that I think that would do wonders.

Not trying to downplay any of the other attractions at EPCOT. Particularly Test Track, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, Ratatouille and (to a lesser extent) Frozen. These are all great attractions and the world showcase sells itself. I believe another guardians sized ride however would put EPCOT in a much better situation. Even little things like the proposed cherry tree lane would of gone a long way.

Interested to see what the full experience looks like even though my expectations are tempered. I also hope everything works out with the center spine as I feel that’s probably way more important they finish off the crater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom