Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

UNCgolf

According to folks fresh off of previews, some features include:
  1. Water harps that you can play by passing your hand under a series of water strings
  2. A waterfall curtain that parts for you when you pass through it
  3. Leaping fountains that you can direct
  4. Collaborative effects where more people gathering around creates larger fountains
  5. The ability to high-five the water, with the fountain aiming for your hand to meet you high or low
  6. A children's play area with spitting kakamora

I like the sound of all of that -- but it kind of reminds me of ImageWorks, and it would have been nice to just build something similar to this as part of a major Imagination overhaul.

Disstevefan1

all of this should have been in Animal Kingdom, not that the costumes are anything exciting but they sure don't fit Epcot. Disney is so lost.
Trophy.png

Epcot81Fan

1. Water harps that you can play by passing your hand under a series of water strings
  4. Collaborative effects where more people gathering around creates larger fountains
  5. The ability to high-five the water, with the fountain aiming for your hand to meet you high or low
How is any of this tied to the "journey of water"? This just all sounds like "water playground".

James Alucobond

YaY placards!

Very Edutaining!
Because there were never wall graphics that you could optionally read in Innoventions, right? I get that this isn't something people are going to be terribly excited about, that it replaced a building that shouldn't have been torn down in the first place, and that it further muddles the spatial organization of the park, but is having something to read really that much of an affront?

I can’t wait for this one to stop working
I will likely always approach it with a ridiculous amount of caution for this very reason. 😂

TheMaxRebo

Thanks for sharing ... I know I am in the minority but I am really looking forward to this. I think it will be a nice, fun, small, low time commitment thing to do. Something new is always nice, and I can see myself and my kids having fun with the interactive elements.

And if this was like the 7th thing that was opening along with all the other stuff at EPCOT (stuff done and stuff cancelled) it would be great - just obviously feels small when not much else new is coming

TheMaxRebo

Sincere question.

Will there be boarding groups or Genie+ ILLs ?

I haven't seen any mention of it and doesn't look like there are tap points in any of the photos I have seen. I assume will just be a walk up and they probably hold you back if too many people already in it

I mean, never say never they could do something on the app for the opening (like how you had to reserve a pick upf or the figment popcorn bucket or something) but haven't heard anything

MrPromey

I'm waiting to see the finished product of ALL of it and what they do in the actual new communicore building/hall.
Will it just be meet/greets?
Festival food booths?
or will they have interactive displays/edutainment type installations that change periodically. That could be great. And I'm curious to see what those lights they installed do, why they are there - potentially could have a great look.
Nope.

That's what they used to do in the place they tore down because they didn't want to pay* to keep that concept going.

There wouldn't even be enough usable space in the new structure for anything like that.

*Or find enough sponsors willing to pay for them.

MrPromey

I’m not fully up on the details, so am I incorrect in assuming this will feature some kind of mist/little splash and therefore slight cooling aspect? If so, I’d guess there would be no shortage of folks walking through it in the heat on the way from one place to another for years to come - kind of like Club Cool.
The mist cooling thing isn't all that effective outdoors in humid climate because the whole evaporative cooling effect doesn't actually work all that well. When you're already hot and sweaty and in humidity of 80% or higher and you get hit by a mist and are still in that hot and humid environment, you're really just getting more moist.

Now, if you immediately go into someplace air conditioned, you'll feel it but it's the same feeling as being drenched in sweat from doing yard work here in FL and then going inside where you're AC is set to 72.

It feels good in a sweet-relief kind of way but also a little icky.

I'm guessing that's why it's not featured as much in queue lines and other places in Florida, in general, as it once was.

Club cool worked because it was basically an "attraction" taking you through a literal walk-in freezer that led you to an indoor air conditioned place that offered *free* flavored hydration - not even remotely comparable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom