Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Epcot82Guy

lol.. perfect analysis. It literally just seems like an elaborate queue.

It also could have been an interesting bridge. Leaving aside the IP placement, if the Journey of Water was a redo of the central area between the Land and Seas (which you could walk through or note ala original CommuniCore) - and then something to complete the Circle of World Celebration were both done, I think this would have been fine. It would have been a great ADDITION. It is not appearing like it will be a great REPLACEMENT.

(I would also argue a cool "Garden of the Mind" or something bridging the Land to Imagination could also have been a cool counterpart with this somewhat silly divide between WN and WC in that spot.)

Vegas Disney Fan

Their attempt at turning the nearly 60 year old movie into a franchise fizzled.

I can't see them ever investing in an attraction for that movie beyond what they were going to, at this point.

Not because the source material is lacking but because there isn't enough synergy to pack onto it for them to make more money from it.

True, which is why I thought a carousel and the street facades made perfect sense. It wouldn’t cost a fortune but would have given us fans a nice area to visit and would have added a family friendly ride to the park at a reasonable cost.

I don’t think Mary Poppins would be a huge merch seller but I think it’s still popular enough to profit from the expansion they proposed.

Last edited:

tparris

Looks like we have our first trash cans!!
IMG_4671.jpeg
IMG_4672.jpeg

TP2000

I think my favorite part of those fun pictures above from @tparris is the big "Interactive Walkthrough" instructions sign just past the other warning/instructive signs and the staffed hostess desk. Please read all that before you attempt to walk through this walkthrough. 🧐

How To Walk Instructions.jpg

I'm reminded of this scene from 200I: A Space Odyssey, instructions to read before using the toilet aboard the Pan Am Space Clipper...

screenshot-71.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think my favorite part of those fun pictures above from @tparris is the big "Interactive Walkthrough" instructions sign just past the other warning/instructive signs and the staffed hostess desk. Please read all that before you attempt to walk through this walkthrough. 🧐

View attachment 726653

I'm reminded of this scene from 200I: A Space Odyssey, instructions to read before using the toilet aboard the Pan Am Space Clipper...

screenshot-71.jpg

People need detailed instructions these days. Otherwise, things like this happen:

Threes Company Fall GIF

Disstevefan1

View attachment 726653

screenshot-71.jpg
🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆

Clamman73

This covered pavement gonna light up a little or have bioluminescence as a sort of entrance guidance pathway at night or am I just looking into this too much as usual?
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 6.25.40 PM.png

SoFloMagic

A ticket to Epcot is $I09 currently. This Moana walk-thru thing doesn't make me want to buy a ticket to Epcot, nor extend my vacation to see it.

@TheMaxRebo did a fine job just above of defending its edutainment merits (and I'm sure it will have some) and excusing it because it wasn't supposed to be a big deal at all until nearly everything else got cut from the budget.

But still... this just looks so pointless and bland. I guess I'm just surprised, after loving Epcot for decades, to be so underwhelmed by it.
It's an upgrade from a maze of walls, and they've been selling WallCot just fine for the past 4 years.

Disstevefan1

Are you actually going to be able to cool off with this walk through or is it just going to be tossing water at some rocks and some mini water falls? The ground looks dry in the promo shot.
Probably just the tossing water at some rocks and some mini falls, a' la mini golf.

The lawyers said they can't have a slippery walk through (attraction?)

If the wind is right, you may get a light spray. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom