Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

yensid1967

Does anyone know how much it costs for Moana Water Adventure? I am thinking that Disney OVER SPENT! on a static attraction that won't hold up to all the hype! Then, they will put up more construction walls and build something that guests will have to pay for, thus adding to their profits!
And if the area is in testing phase, why is it taking 3-4 months to open the area!?

TP2000

Water is journeying and journeying

I'm struggling to understand why this is even a thing at Epcot now.

Like, this is it? You walk through a little path and watch water trickle and flow over fake rocks and then for the grand finale' they splash water on some rocks behind a fence for you? And you get some smarmy messaging about "Protecting The Water" or something?

I just don't get this. Why? And why did it take so long? What's the point? Who would pay money to do this? I'm baffled.

Movielover

Like, this is it? You board a tiny boat and watch water trickle and flow over fake rocks and fake plants, then for the grand finale' they show you some plants growing in a greenhouse for you? And you get some smarmy messaging about "Living with the Land" or something?

I just don't get this. Why? And why did it take so long? What's the point? Who would pay money to do this? I'm baffled.
FTFY;)

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Like, this is it? You walk through a little path and watch water trickle and flow over fake rocks and then for the grand finale' they splash water on some rocks behind a fence for you? And you get some smarmy messaging about "Protecting The Water" or something?

It is a bridge between the Land and Seas pavilion and is about the water cycle and encourages exploring and discovery

It will have interactive elements, including utilizing MB+ ... there will be multiple paths to discover.

A lot of EPCOT is wandering and discovering, especially in World Showcase - I see this as a mix of wandering the Morocco Pavilion mixed with the imagination fountains mixed with some ecology message

This was supposed to be a small complement to the larger EPCOT project - if this opened basically the same time as Remy, Guardians, Mary Poppins, etc I think it would be viewed as a nice addition that brings more greenery to the center of EPCOT which was basically all concrete and something else to do explore

Obviously now opening as the main component of the completion of EPCOT it hits a little different

TP2000

I don’t know what you’re talking about, this isn’t an upcharge.

A ticket to Epcot is $I09 currently. This Moana walk-thru thing doesn't make me want to buy a ticket to Epcot, nor extend my vacation to see it.

@TheMaxRebo did a fine job just above of defending its edutainment merits (and I'm sure it will have some) and excusing it because it wasn't supposed to be a big deal at all until nearly everything else got cut from the budget.

But still... this just looks so pointless and bland. I guess I'm just surprised, after loving Epcot for decades, to be so underwhelmed by it.

jeanericuser001

Just got back and so far the construction is a mess. The rock work and plumbing for moana looks complete but its like a puzzle in there. You got one section that is complete, then got a structure that barely looks 4 months into construction, and the rest is a barren battlefield. As for moana, they could open it but the pools around it still remain and beyond it is just a barren wasteland. They have done nothing to the pools so putting up walls around those and just to open up the area honestly would not be a major benefit. I can say though they are seriously pushing it on those construction deadlines. It looks like they got a lot more time before it will be complete. Im thinking it might even be next year before anything there will be worth a visit. Even then if you want water effects the go to volcano bay and use a tapu tapu. You get plenty of those there and may be even some pretty LEDs.

James Alucobond

… beyond it is just a barren wasteland.
It only appears this way because the three least-complete zones are the most visible areas from the monorail. These include the south end where the Fountain of Nations was, the quarter of the gardens just beyond Communicore Hall, and the path from the hub toward The Land. By contrast, the gardens outside of Connections and Creations are more or less complete, and Dreamers Point and the gardens near Journey of Water are hurtling toward completion (the former had the decorative backdrop for Walt’s statue installed earlier this week while the latter got more sculptural shade structures and its first batch of large trees). The Journey of Water treatment facility may look a mess, but they’re probably just waiting for the bypass to close so that they can complete the berming and landscaping in one fell swoop; its current state shouldn’t affect their ability to open other things anyway.

Centauri Space Station

A ticket to Epcot is $I09 currently. This Moana walk-thru thing doesn't make me want to buy a ticket to Epcot, nor extend my vacation to see it.

@TheMaxRebo did a fine job just above of defending its edutainment merits (and I'm sure it will have some) and excusing it because it wasn't supposed to be a big deal at all until nearly everything else got cut from the budget.

But still... this just looks so pointless and bland. I guess I'm just surprised, after loving Epcot for decades, to be so underwhelmed by it.
Think of it like the treehouse or TSI. It’s a walkthrough interactive experience anyone can enjoy with water features and edutainment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom