Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

It would be interesting to know how much it cost to make this attraction.

TWDC would never disclose its true cost.

We all watched over the years how much work went into it.

It was probably a lot of money with the water treatment plant and all.

lazyboy97o

Should they not have built required pumps and treatment facilities?

Tha Realest

Elaborate rock work.

Over budget and lengthy build time.

Shoehorned IP.

No real attraction to speak of.

In so many ways, it’s the perfect mascot for current WDI.

Bocabear

Like an elaborate queue in search of an attraction...lol
Well too late to change the course now...But what a disaster all of the EPCOT project is... Guardians is at least well done and a lot of fun... and the front entrance with it's restored fountain and courtyard are nice.
The rest, what we have seen completed, is ok. Cutting a Mary Poppins attraction was bad... along with not adding anything else to World Showcase...

Weather_Lady

I'm struggling to understand why this is even a thing at Epcot now.

Like, this is it? You walk through a little path and watch water trickle and flow over fake rocks and then for the grand finale' they splash water on some rocks behind a fence for you? And you get some smarmy messaging about "Protecting The Water" or something?

I just don't get this. Why? And why did it take so long? What's the point? Who would pay money to do this? I'm baffled.
We are blinded to the value of this attraction by our privilege. Some people live in places where the water doesn't journey at all: it just sits there not journeying. Others live in places where the Water Cycle can't even be discussed in schools because of oppressive and hydrophobic "Don't Say Spray" laws.

These are the kinds of people for whom this attraction was meant; those who come to Disney World to see and experience something totally new, something they could never witness at home, like water. After meandering through Moana's Journey of Water and carefully reading all of the signage, they will return to their daily lives energized by the mind-blowing lesson that Disney selflessly spent tens of millions of dollars, and destroyed the beauty of a beloved park for years, to convey: water is wet just like the Moana movie said it was, it moves, and Disney will sell you a bottle of it for $5! ;)

original.png

Last edited:

Skibum1970

Like an elaborate queue in search of an attraction...lol
Well too late to change the course now...But what a disaster all of the EPCOT project is... Guardians is at least well done and a lot of fun... and the front entrance with it's restored fountain and courtyard are nice.
The rest, what we have seen completed, is ok. Cutting a Mary Poppins attraction was bad... along with not adding anything else to World Showcase...

In my opinion, cutting Mary Poppins as what they intended to build was a good thing. It would have been an elaborate queue with a carousel and would have cost way more than it should have.

I do agree that much of this project has been a mess when comparing the amount of work and time spent to what actually ends up being opened.

J4546

In my opinion, cutting Mary Poppins as what they intended to build was a good thing. It would have been an elaborate queue with a carousel and would have cost way more than it should have.

I do agree that much of this project has been a mess when comparing the amount of work and time spent to what actually ends up being opened.
I kind of agree as well. It would have been like a teacups spinner (which the park could use) but I would really like to see a bigger budget something with MP

MrPromey

I kind of agree as well. It would have been like a teacups spinner (which the park could use) but I would really like to see a bigger budget something with MP
Their attempt at turning the nearly 60 year old movie into a franchise fizzled.

I can't see them ever investing in an attraction for that movie beyond what they were going to, at this point.

Not because the source material is lacking but because there isn't enough synergy to pack onto it for them to make more money from it.

Last edited:

MrPromey

lol.. perfect analysis. It literally just seems like an elaborate queue.
They didn't do themselves any favors with the WDW version of the Little Mermaid queue there, either.

And funny enough, that queue sets the ride up for failure by upping expectations for what people think they're going to get once inside.

Maybe Disney looked at that and took the safe route by not putting an attraction at the end of this queue. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom