Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

James Alucobond

I thought for sure the chain-link rope netting fence was temporary, as part of ongoing construction safety rules.

But then I read the various posts on it, and the fence is staying? This is done? You stand in front of a chain-link rope netting fence and watch water splash onto rocks?

That makes no sense from an entertainment perspective. This can't really be the final product as one of the major scenes of this thing.

It can't just be this. Seriously. o_O

img_63953f1b3c9f-1-jpeg.725321
Lord knows why they pick the promotional pictures they do, but at least thus far, the fencing doesn't look that plentiful. In the image below, aside from the bridges marked as A, B, and C, the only fencing I'm detecting at the moment is noted with dashed lines. The photo you posted seems to have been taken from somewhere near the x.
fencing_jow.png

TP2000

Lord knows why they pick the promotional pictures they do, but at least thus far, the fencing doesn't look that plentiful. In the image below, aside from the bridges marked as A, B, and C, the only fencing I'm detecting at the moment is noted with dashed lines. The photo you posted seems to have been taken from somewhere near the x.
View attachment 725686

Thank you, that's helpful. It doesn't make the ugly fences go away, but at least it's helpful to know. :D

I thought the same thing on the photo released today. They showed that???

And then a second photo of a woman standing in front of dampened fake rocks? There's got to be more to this attraction, and the "Water Splashing On Rocks Behind Fence" can't be the high point of whatever else is in there. It just can't.

I refuse to believe they are this inept at designing entertainment and this wasteful of money and resources. This has to be just a case of a new summer intern choosing some bad photos for the press release.

MrPromey

You keep adding covid to the equation despite the fact that construction was significantly delayed or in some cases completely stopped due to covid. If you don't include covid as part of the time frame for this constructions its been a lot faster than it could have been. Those areas once again as I explained are not directly connected to the project in the middle. The project in the middle will take a lot longer due to all the requirements tied to the construction. No amount of complaining about it taking too long can change that. You can't make a seed turn into a tree simply by yelling at it to grow faster. As for the moana, they are again delaying it because its part of the construction site. Sure it may be just a small part of it but if you know anything about disney you know they do not like to release an area half finished unless there is a benefit for doing so. Opening that area right now serves no benefit hence the delay.

That is why I had the theory about the sponsorship. The way things were planned before covid hence there were grander ideas but alas covid has changed a lot of things and left many companies struggling to justify expenditures that may not bring a good return on investment. As for the building being solely a meet and greet, I sadly have to agree that eventually it could devolve into that but curiously enough disney has already created a lot of meet and greets but lately many stand abandoned compared to how they use to be. While meet and greets are still one of disney's many attractions, they are not nearly as potent in their draw potential as they use to be.

Sadly boys I need to get some rest as I have a long night shift ahead of me then I will be on vacation at disney and universal till monday. I will see you guys next week. Good night and thanks for the debate. Go ahead and reply if you wish but do not expect replies back for at least a few days. Good night and have a great weekend.
Hope you have fun.

James Alucobond

I refuse to believe they are this inept at designing entertainment and this wasteful of money and resources. This has to be just a case of a new summer intern choosing some bad photos for the press release.
My completely uninformed take is that theyโ€™re trying to show off a thing that isnโ€™t working all that well yet. This area is where the path splits three ways at the end of the attraction, each acting as the โ€œfinaleโ€ for the different kinds of interactions Journey of Water offers. The central dry path wraps up the educational portion with the last few placards and a straight shot out to The Seas. The path to the right leads to the most significant traditional splash-and-play element. Meanwhile, the path to the left takes you to the largest MagicBand+ orchestration area, where you can presumably call up the fountains shown in the photo or wave the leaping fountains from rock to rock. If Iโ€™m feeling sympathetic, I can say that it probably doesnโ€™t photograph well and also isnโ€™t show-ready this far out from opening, and if Iโ€™m feeling critical, I might point out that itโ€™s MagicBand+, which instantly puts my expectations for all the elements utilizing it at rock bottom based on past implementations.

TheMaxRebo

Thank you, that's helpful. It doesn't make the ugly fences go away, but at least it's helpful to know. :D

I thought the same thing on the photo released today. They showed that???

And then a second photo of a woman standing in front of dampened fake rocks? There's got to be more to this attraction, and the "Water Splashing On Rocks Behind Fence" can't be the high point of whatever else is in there. It just can't.

The fencing is probably needed to keep people off the rocks (we'll see how good a job it does)

Agree odd that this is the first promotional image released of the actual exoeri nce but maybe just wanting people to know how it will be and not some water spray ground you climb all over

I think we need to wait to really see how the interactive elements work and what other features there are.

Also this was supposed to be a small complementary piece of the larger Epcot redo plans that all would have been done around the same time. If this was opening basically as Remy, and Guardians, and Mary Poppins, and the SSE redo, etc, I think it would be viewed a little differently than now where it is sort of the main addition/new thing until TBA opens

Fear

Ah, the good ol' days.

The jumping fountains have been there for over 40 years and even the lawyers can't force EPCOT to put up fences.

Guests of yesteryear are much different from guests today, who are much more cavalier. Additionally, there's likely a height issue at play; that ledge may be small enough to be grandfathered into any "fencing policy" in that they may have enacted in the past. It's still something that, if a CM saw it, would tell you to knock it off.

All said though, you've made your opinion on the attraction exceedingly clear; you don't like it. That's fine to not like things. However, being upset that fencing is up for guest safety is such an odd nit to pick. If the fence wasn't there, children would absolutely climb on those rocks, either risking hurting themselves or damaging the attraction.

Disstevefan1

Guests of yesteryear are much different from guests today, who are much more cavalier. Additionally, there's likely a height issue at play; that ledge may be small enough to be grandfathered into any "fencing policy" in that they may have enacted in the past. It's still something that, if a CM saw it, would tell you to knock it off.

All said though, you've made your opinion on the attraction exceedingly clear; you don't like it. That's fine to not like things. However, being upset that fencing is up for guest safety is such an odd nit to pick. If the fence wasn't there, children would absolutely climb on those rocks, either risking hurting themselves or damaging the attraction.
You can drill back through the posts. All I said is that this netting reminded me of chain link fence.

If they wanted to spend the money, they could have come up with a more elegant solution.

They probably blew the budget on the water treatment plant.

I sincerely hope they give a "behind the water" tour of the water treatment plant.

celluloid

I sincerely hope that whatever happens on this trail warrants an expression of this much joy:
View attachment 725822
Mid yawns photograph well.

The bigger issues to be than tje fence, although lazy considering the aesthetic is to be an issue of pay to play Magic Band/forced interactivity.
The best interactivity is when it is not forced. This seems more akin to how Volcano Bay does Tapu Tapu, which is forced and works as a bonus, but does not say it is an attraction itself.

Squishy

Are you actually going to be able to cool off with this walk through or is it just going to be tossing water at some rocks and some mini water falls? The ground looks dry in the promo shot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Are you actually going to be able to cool off with this walk through or is it just going to be tossing water at some rocks and some mini water falls? The ground looks dry in the promo shot.
A sign currently at the beginning of the walk-thru implies a wet path and a dry path. So... yes. Maybe. We don't have granular detail yet of each of the walk-thru's features.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom