Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's a little strange to be putting up something like tarps now. They seem like the kind of thing you'd want brand new rather than out in the sun/rain for months before opening.

Tarps are the only way to protect things from Florida's climate. Everyone in TDO management knows that.

HauntedMansionFLA

Different areas of the new attraction. The new Tarps look nice.

Attachments

• 770CA48E-B8A4-4397-9A54-52E40B02F46A.jpeg
    770CA48E-B8A4-4397-9A54-52E40B02F46A.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 171
  • 48383035-E9A9-42A5-823F-108FEF9315C3.jpeg
    48383035-E9A9-42A5-823F-108FEF9315C3.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 3AD6BBC5-0018-47AB-89DD-14FCEAFD6DCE.jpeg
    3AD6BBC5-0018-47AB-89DD-14FCEAFD6DCE.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 164
  • CA355861-0D59-4CDC-A4F8-7EBEA2FA5D69.jpeg
    CA355861-0D59-4CDC-A4F8-7EBEA2FA5D69.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 162
  • F9F24FF8-3B28-4545-94C7-BAA104BA293A.jpeg
    F9F24FF8-3B28-4545-94C7-BAA104BA293A.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 166

SilentWindODoom

Man, when I think “Walt Disney World Resort,” the first word that springs to mind is “tarps.”

“I hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a tarp.”

Whoa. I just got a flashback to dozens of articles and posts about tents.

As for how early this is being done what with the Florida sun... I had similar thoughts about the foliage and then someone responded with the various fake trees in the parks that don't seem to have a problem, so... I have no idea.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One thing I disliked about the previous EPCOT was those things and the pin location there. I like the pin location much better in the new location.

Now they are back as part of Moana.

Well, it will be good to get out of the direct sunlight so I can check the Genie app.
The new pin traders will be in Journey of Water? Where will they be in relation to Journey of Water's DVC kiosk?

Incomudro

Ha, I was talking about the canopies. The new pin trading place in under space ship earth where the photo shop was. I never liked the canopies and the previous location of the pin trading place.
View attachment 692115
So do you have a problem with all canopies?
Does their very existence bother you?
There are a lot of them in Galaxy's Edge.

Disstevefan1

So do you have a problem with all canopies?
Does their very existence bother you?
There are a lot of them in Galaxy's Edge.
No I do not have a problem with all canopies. I just didn’t like the previous ones in EPCOT in the area of the previous pin trading location as well as the previous pin trading location. I prefer this current pin trading location where the camera shop was.

As for canopies in the Moana thing, I don’t care either way, I dislike the entire Moana thing being in EPCOT. Just my opinion. I am sure folks will love the Moana attraction when it opens 2 or 3 years from now.

If I were in charge of the reimagining of EPCOT, I would have moved the pin trading, like they did, got rid of the canopies like they did, love the points of light on space ship earth, I love they returned the spires in front of space ship earth, I am super happy they moved the legacy plaques and I am in favor of the statue of Walt coming to EPCOT.

I would not have demolished either innoventions. I will go so far as to say the hospital cafeteria motif the connection cafe and connections eatery grows on me, and there is a lot of space to sit in there and I like the windows. Club cool looks very Soviet utilitarian but at least we still have it. The Creations shop is super boring and nothing special and looks like it will be super inexpensive to maintain and that’s what they were going for. We needed some replacement for mouse gear so we are stuck with that.

I would have kept the fountain of Nations and done a total renovation (removing the stage), updated the fountain technology to the current and added a water screen and it would have been a legitimate attraction. They could have had super cool re dedication of the fountain bringing in water from all over the world like it was originally done.

The other innoventions space would have gotten the same facelift as the one we kept and then built into a festival center like what they are doing now building the communicore 2.0.

Just my opinion.

Vinnie Mac

I would not have demolished either innoventions. I will go so far as to say the hospital cafeteria motif the connection cafe and connections eatery grows on me, and there is a lot of space to sit in there and I like the windows. Club cool looks very Soviet utilitarian but at least we still have it. The Creations shop is super boring and nothing special and looks like it will be super inexpensive to maintain and that’s what they were going for. We needed some replacement for mouse gear so we are stuck with that.
I actually really like Connections though. It looks modern while not looking like a hospital either. Also the view of the Epcot ball through the windows with the lights at night is just spectacular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom