Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
wait, they added one new thrill ride to EPCOT... how are thrill rides now dominating the vision for the park?

Future World now has the same number of thrill rides it did in 2005.

The only difference is Body Wars is gone and we have Guardians now.

Also... EPCOT was slightly de-thrilled when half of Mission:Space became the Green Mission.

Sum of All Thrills.

Are you saying that was a thrill ride? The most thrilling thing was slowly being turned upside down. The visual FX gave the illusion of thrill... sorta like FoP which gives the illusion of jumping off a cliff when, in fact, one isn't being bounced up and down more than 3 feet at a time.

Disstevefan1

Also... EPCOT was slightly de-thrilled when half of Mission:Space became the Green Mission.

Are you saying that was a thrill ride? The most thrilling thing was slowly being turned upside down. The visual FX gave the illusion of thrill... sorta like FoP which gives the illusion of jumping off a cliff when, in fact, one isn't being bounced up and down more than 3 feet at a time.
In my opinion -
Sum of All Thrills was a great attraction. Absolutely, positively better than Moana (whenever when it's completed).
FOP is currently the best attraction in WDW.

Disstevefan1

How hard can it be to not post in a thread when you have no actual news to share and simply want to throw out the same petulant comments over and over again?
It's hard not to express what a disappointment this (attraction?) will be (whenever it completed).

It's taking way too long for nothing more than a walk-through attraction.

Having said that, whenever they finish whatever, they are trying to do there the good things will be the walls will finally be down and Moana will be a nice place out of the sun to check the Genie + (version 12 by then) to make sure I have the LL for an attraction I actually want to go on, after all by then, Genie+ will cost $60 a day.

James Alucobond

It's hard not to express what a disappointment this (attraction?) will be (whenever it completed).

Having said that, whenever they finish whatever, they are trying to do there the good things will be the walls will finally be down and Moana will be a nice place out of the sun to check the Genie + (version 12 by then) to make sure I have the LL for an attraction I actually want to go on, after all by then, Genie+ will cost $60 a day.
I would not care if the post were not essentially identical to one from the same user just days ago. It is clear that he has no interest in actually getting a response about the timeline or engaging with any of the thread's contents. He just wants to interject low-effort drivebys.

Last three posts in this thread over the past month or so:
An utter shambolic disgrace. Not just trees and water - they're doing ROCKS. Shameful.
What was the point of this ?
Is this still not finished yet ?

How hard can it be to import trees and some rocks ?

Cmdr_Crimson

If they don't wow us like the dancing fountains at the Imagination pavilion and see how the water effects get neglect 10 years down the road..

Skibum1970

You forgot to mention that you'll need to schedule a Genie+ reservation to actually go through Moana. All new attractions must be that way.

Bocabear

I have a feeling that JOW is NOT going to be a peaceful place to hang out...It will be literally mobbed for years to come....because it is something new. It looks like it will be pretty and that is great. none of that changes the oddness of the placement...but I guess we will see in another year...

Sir_Cliff

I have a feeling that JOW is NOT going to be a peaceful place to hang out...It will be literally mobbed for years to come....because it is something new. It looks like it will be pretty and that is great. none of that changes the oddness of the placement...but I guess we will see in another year...
I think the notion of it being a peaceful place to hangout disappeared when it was revealed it would have a queue and function as a walk-through attraction. Even though it usually doesn't attract a long queue, I'm not sure I would describe the Swiss Family Treehouse as a peaceful place to hangout either as there is some pressure to keep moving along. I assume this will be more or less the same.

lazyboy97o

When was this ever billed as a place to hang out?

Disstevefan1

I think the notion of it being a peaceful place to hangout disappeared when it was revealed it would have a queue and function as a walk-through attraction. Even though it usually doesn't attract a long queue, I'm not sure I would describe the Swiss Family Treehouse as a peaceful place to hangout either as there is some pressure to keep moving along. I assume this will be more or less the same.
Agreed, and Moana will be just as popular as the Swiss Family Treehouse.

FigmentFan82

When was this ever billed as a place to hang out?
Well this could have been something that when finished was a more casual experience, but yes seems like the treehouse vibe of "take a nice look then move along!" is how most will experience. i think the sentiment was it would have been nice if it acted more like a museum where you truly can move at your own speed, vs a lazy river always moving along. but i guess you don't want to clog up the path, it is a theme park after all

Disstevefan1

I would not care if the post were not essentially identical to one from the same user just days ago. It is clear that he has no interest in actually getting a response about the timeline or engaging with any of the thread's contents. He just wants to interject low-effort drivebys.

Last three posts in this thread over the past month or so:
Thanks for your reply.

*** LOW EFFORT DRIVEBY ALERT ***
IF this work EVER GETS DONE, I will do the walk through just so I can walk on a place that has been walled off for so many years.

If it ever opens, I wonder if there will be a 2-hour standby queue that snakes through EPCOT?

Or will Mona use boarding groups? 🤣

_caleb

This thread after JoW opens: “Nobody likes the new Moana thing, it’s too crowded!”

James Alucobond

Where exactly was a queue confirmed? Must have missed that.

Either way, I think it's fundamentally a bit different from the Treehouse based on what we can see of the layout at the moment. There seem to be at least two places (perhaps more) where the path splits, and the art does not indicate that people can or will be funneled through these areas in any specific order. These areas include the bridge and adjacent rock path after the first series of alcoves and the three-way branch for the leaping fountains, in-ground fountains, and express exit. I have to imagine having organic multidirectional paths like that will invite walk-backs and lingering, particularly if people are expected to stop at the water's edge at various vantage points to wave around magic bands. Meanwhile, the Treehouse has very few places where you can step off to the side and no place at all where multiple pathways exist to encourage doubling back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom