Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

J4546

I think a walkthrough like this but in AK in Avatar land with some animatronics and stuff would be chill. I know everyone hates this thing but I'm really looking forward to it.

James Alucobond

I think a walkthrough like this but in AK in Avatar land with some animatronics and stuff would be chill. I know everyone hates this thing but I'm really looking forward to it.
It would honestly be fine in EPCOT too if it were just southwest a bit. Placement is just weird, IMO.

Disstevefan1

I totally agree with you the Moana would be good for AK as it is hotter over there.

SplashJacket

Wow. This reminds me of all the work they put into Harmonious!

EPCOT is getting another over engineered, overrated, totally disappointing (attraction?).

I try to look away, but I can't! It's like trying not to look at a train wreck!

This is depressing.
Interesting that Harmonious is “overrated” when it’s near universally panned on here and has a largely “meh” response from the GP.

Disstevefan1

Interesting that Harmonious is “overrated” when it’s near universally panned on here and has a largely “meh” response from the GP.
Fixed it -

Wow. This reminds me of all the work they put into Harmonious!

EPCOT is now getting another a new over engineered, overrated, totally disappointing (attraction?) in Moana.

I try to look away, but I can't! It's like trying not to look at a train wreck!

This is depressing.

_caleb

I don't think you have to be a construction expert to know it wouldn't take another year to finish Moana from where they are now if they didn't want it to.

That said, I do have a lot of experience with the construction industry.
I know several members here do, and I appreciate the insight your perspective brings. But I also suspect that few here will have enough information to accurately determine a ”reasonable” timeline for projects we only get to see from aerial photos.

Disstevefan1

I don't think you have to be a construction expert to know it wouldn't take another year to finish Moana from where they are now if they didn't want it to.

Exactly! 💯 🏆

It's not like they are working to hit a target date to complete this. There is no business reason to complete this in a timely manner.

WDW doesn't care. They know folks will show up to EPCOT for the food booths anyway.

Ironically, the longer it takes to finish the longer we avoid the huge disappointment this going to be.

UNCgolf

I know several members here do, and I appreciate the insight your perspective brings. But I also suspect that few here will have enough information to accurately determine a ”reasonable” timeline for projects we only get to see from aerial photos.

To be clear (and make sure I'm not misleading anyone) I don't personally work in the construction industry. But I do work on some large construction legal matters from time to time, and I have family members who ran both a large general contractor and a commercial roofing company.

I agree that coming up with any specific dates is impossible without more information, as is suggesting this should only take 60 days or something like that. With that said, I don't think it's a stretch to say that it would not take a year and a half to build Moana if they didn't want it to. I had a 100 unit 7 story apartment complex built down the street from me in roughly the same amount of time they're going to spend on Moana.

SplashJacket

I don't know... Took some friends to Disney for their first-ever visit this past June, and one who works as a construction manager said he would expect Tron to open probably in the spring based on the look of the construction site. I disregarded this because people were saying maybe November on this forum, but now we have an announcement that it's coming in the spring, so who knows?

Maybe it's entirely beginner's luck, but he nailed it. We gotta remember Disney isn't the only company that shoots the breeze when it comes to finishing projects.

Disstevefan1

I don't know... Took some friends to Disney for their first-ever visit this past June, and one who works as a construction manager said he would expect Tron to open probably in the spring based on the look of the construction site. I disregarded this because people were saying maybe November on this forum, but now we have an announcement that it's coming in the spring, so who knows?

Maybe it's entirely beginner's luck, but he nailed it. We gotta remember Disney isn't the only company that shoots the breeze when it comes to finishing projects.
When they finish is based on the pace of the work. They can finish spring 2024 if they work slow enough.

mergatroid

Think it will be a solid addition to the park and has the potential to look extremely scenic, I do think it's taken far too long to build though. It's not as much that there's not enough to do without it, it's more the eyesore of it's construction should have been down to the very minimum time necessary.

Think it will be a solid addition to the park and has the potential to look extremely scenic, I do think it's taken far too long to build though. It's not as much that there's not enough to do without it, it's more the eyesore of it's construction should have been down to the very minimum time necessary.
They need to landscape and complete what they can quicly and bring down the fences around those areas ASAP, all you see in Epcot is walls! If we need smaller walls around the pavillion or even this 'rock' then atleast it would feel less like a large scale dump site.

That said they should get a move on for the whole thing by Spring!

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
It would honestly be fine in EPCOT too if it were just southwest a bit. Placement is just weird, IMO.
This. I'm still unsure as to why they didn't use the small pavilion plot they have vacant between Land and Seas. I know it's most likely earmarked for development at some point, but it's so unbelievably small. This seems like the perfect size for that.

lazyboy97o

This. I'm still unsure as to why they didn't use the small pavilion plot they have vacant between Land and Seas. I know it's most likely earmarked for development at some point, but it's so unbelievably small. This seems like the perfect size for that.
Because there would have been a whole lot of empty dead space where CommuniCore West used to sit. It’s whole purpose was to fill some of the void created for the Festival Center.

DreamfinderGuy

Because there would have been a whole lot of empty dead space where CommuniCore West used to sit. It’s whole purpose was to fill some of the void created for the Festival Center.
They were going to split the CommuniCores into four separate buildings to begin with. Even if the egg thing were to happen it could have easily coexisted with the northwest quadrant, and really should have when the project had been cancelled before it was taken down. Alas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom