Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

ppete1975

I am feeling so disappointed with the company over this.

I don’t know what to do about our upcoming trip.
Go anyway. I know thats the wrong attitude since they are treating us so poorly and you should vote with your wallet. But if you want disney magic and love the parks go anyway.
You never know what could happen. Life is short. Make the memories you want, who knows if you will be able to make them later

If we wait for disney, we will never go.

QuiteGrumpy

I realise the whole panel today was quite vague, so there may be no clarity on this: but was the message that the whole part they're currently working on in World Celebration/World Nature won't be done till late 2023 or were they just referencing that Moana and Communicore Hall/Plaza won't be done?... Surely the landscaping bit in the middle could be finished sooner and that would at least improve that area of the park by opening it up and adding some green scenery? That's be better then perpetual walls up everywhere.

tparris

I realise the whole panel today was quite vague, so there may be no clarity on this: but was the message that the whole part they're currently working on in World Celebration/World Nature won't be done till late 2023 or were they just referencing that Moana and Communicore Hall/Plaza won't be done?... Surely the landscaping bit in the middle could be finished sooner and that would at least improve that area of the park by opening it up and adding some green scenery? That's be better then perpetual walls up everywhere.
I believe they said World Celebration

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Somewhere in this thread I posted a timeline of photos of the construction for this...by the time it opens, it will have been a crazy amount of time to construct this.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Found it:
Diagon Alley took Universal 2.5 years to build (Jaws closed on Jan 2, 2012 and Diagon Alley officially opened July 8, 2014). I am not a fan of the Gringotts ride, but this project was extremely elaborate, from demolition to construction to opening in 2.5 years. Disney should be matching these standards. I don't think that's an unfair statement to make. This Moana walk-through is no Diagon Alley. For some reason, nothing happened at this construction site for a long time.

Land clearing began in October 2019 (Blog Mickey):View attachment 636851

Then nothing happened for over a year until they started demolishing Innoventions West in December 2020:View attachment 636852

Oooh! Vertical construction in June 2021:View attachment 636853

Uh, six months later in January 2022:
View attachment 636854

March 2022, finally some progress:View attachment 636855

"And now we come to the present" (name that quote) [photo from Bioreconstruct]:
View attachment 636856

It's plain to see that this process is taking way too long. If it opens in October, it will have taken three years to build. Velocicoaster took a little over two years. Same with Hagrid. And those were complex attractions, especially Hagrid. This isn't any of those things. It's a walking trail with fountains. They should be much farther along than they are. There's no denying this.
This is crazy.

WDWFREAK53

What was the point of ruining EPCOT with this if they were planning to build a moana land in Animal Kingdom?
I honestly don’t think they are planning on building any of that. IMO they knew they didn’t have anything of substance to announce so they grabbed some really early blue-sky ideas off of the shelves and had some artists do some very vague paintings that don’t show really anything.

Centauri Space Station

So I took a ride on the Epcot monorail tonight to see things in person. I have to say the placement of this thing feels baffling. First, this will not feel connected to the Seas given the large pond. In the concept art, the part of the Seas you see is actually Coral Reef. This really does sit where Innoventions was, extending out close to the monorail. And, having walked that area a lot when I worked at the Land, It will feel much more like it's tied to the spine than the rest of World Nature.

I think they missed a huge opportunity to have this straddle the monorail with entrances in multiple locations. Then have something along the central circle.

Maybe they have something else planned, but Epcot is starting to feel like a Powerpoint where everyone did their own slide with no eye toward how they would all fit together.
Its supposed to be the entrance of World Nature from World Celebration and the Innoventions building with Creations/ Connections is the entrance to World Discovery

Epcot82Guy

Its supposed to be the entrance of World Nature from World Celebration and the Innoventions building with Creations/ Connections is the entrance to World Discovery
I don't deny that may have been the idea, but it's not how it's working in reality. By your example, it would be as if Connections was a garden, and Creations had one entrance across from Test Track - an its back totally to the central area. If you could enter it from several locations off each entryway into World Nature, I would agree with your assessment totally. But, that's not what we're getting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What was the point of ruining EPCOT with this if they were planning to build a moana land in Animal Kingdom?
Not that I agree with it, but with four parks, WDW doesn't collect all of a single IP's attractions into one park -- they spread it around. That's why manifestations of Belle and Toy Story are in 3 parks, and Frozen, Mermaid, and Nemo are in 2 parks.

Moana is as big as Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Frozen. Expect it to be everywhere.

UNCgolf

Not that I agree with it, but with four parks, WDW doesn't collect all of a single IP's attractions into one park -- they spread it around. That's why manifestations of Belle and Toy Story are in 3 parks, and Frozen, Mermaid, and Nemo are in 2 parks.

Moana is as big as Aladdin, Little Mermaid, and Frozen. Expect it to be everywhere.

They're so weird with it too, because Lion King is arguably bigger than all of those (Frozen possibly excluded) and it has very little park representation. Even Festival of the Lion King is only superficially related to the Lion King IP.

mightynine

I’d argue that leads to a same-y feeling that’s not great for the parks, but that’s me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom