Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They did away the instantly dated way of showing tech., that few people can even access in such a crowded enviroment - and turned it into a lush, beautiful, naturalistic walkthrough that ties in a bit of that edutainement so many harp about Epcot removing - and tied it to The Seas.
But we have this at DAK. And I would argue that the DAK landscape is going to surpass anything that we see in EPCOT.

Obviously each to their own, but I am sure there are some significantly better uses of this space than a landscaped walk-though.

Incomudro

But we have this at DAK. And I would argue that the DAK landscape is going to surpass anything that we see in EPCOT.

Obviously each to their own, but I am sure there are some significantly better uses of this space than a landscaped walk-though.
But this isn't AK, and we don't exactly have this at AK.
Not water features like this.
I believe we can have nature in other parks, and this does tie into some of the classic Epcot ideas.
I'm all for the move away from the scifi dystopian Epcot.

J4546

There was plans for a rain forest coaster to be put there years ago, but they like many other things were canceled. I'm still excited for this walkthrough though, looks nice imo

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
EPCOT is full of water features. People bemoaned the ponds that used to be in the hub and were cemented over. Now, there's something put back.

This is just another of the many water features already in EPCOT. It's a more... animated one. It's the dancing fountains (and the backward waterfall) by Imagination raised to a much higher level. Add some edutainment (Water Cycle + Moana references), and it's a great fit for EPCOT.
I think they need way more water in that park…and shade. It’s bake city in the current climate and that’s only gonna get worse.
So a highly themed queue that ends with no ride?
If you need ride parks…i Can point you yo cedar point. You won’t find them in Orlando…by design.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As someone who's at this point more about the atmosphere/energy/aesthetic than rides, I'm looking forward to this. (I'm more excited for the Tron lighting package than I am the ride 😂)

My only disappointment is that I don't think it will even be done by the time we go in April!
I go to Disney parks for my eyes and my belly…and to show my liver “who’s boss”

Put a pop up drink stand outside this sucker and it will work

yensidtlaw1969

There was plans for a rain forest coaster to be put there years ago, but they like many other things were canceled. I'm still excited for this walkthrough though, looks nice imo

Oh man... a roller coaster in the hub.

It's not like that wouldn't have set EPCOT purists off...

"Welcome to EPCOT Great Adventure!!"
The proposal for the Roller Coaster was not the hub, it was to be set across the lawns in front of The Land, from Imagination to The Seas:
Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 2.26.16 PM.png

Not all that much better, but at least less centrally located.

lazyboy97o

It could have easily been placed between The Land and the Seas instead of off to the side kind of near one and not near the other.

The coaster was in front of The Land, not on the Journey of Water site.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I think they need way more water in that park…and shade. It’s bake city in the current climate and that’s only gonna get worse.

If you need ride parks…i Can point you yo cedar point. You won’t find them in Orlando…by design.
So you think it was too much to ask for a nice Moana ride addition in this area. Doesnt need to be some E Ticket but a ride instead of a walk thru? A boat road maybe?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The proposal for the Roller Coaster was not the hub, it was to be set across the lawns in front of The Land, from Imagination to The Seas:
View attachment 655674

Not all that much better, but at least less centrally located.
You add something by seas and figure out imagination and that’s a complete game changer for that park…pulls people back up front and you can make more bucks in the showcase on leisure pace…

But what do I know?

UNCgolf

Epcot currently has more rides than it’s ever had, and more than DAK and DHS has. It would be nice if it had another but I don’t think this is a bad addition

It does, but almost no one cares about riding half of them. That wasn't an issue in the park's prime.

Regardless, I'm not mad about the water thing. Would it have made more sense at DAK? Yeah, probably. Could it be in a better location at EPCOT? Yeah, probably. Is it at least something pretty/relatively educational (hopefully) that's better than a festival center or a Starbucks? Definitely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom