Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

NelsonRD

I'll say it. For me Old school Epcot was boring as heck. With that said I get the love for the old park.
I personally think time and today's consumer don't appreciate that kind of experience like it was in the 80's.

Yeah but boredom was!
Do you find Animal Kingdom boring after your ride Everest and Fight of Passage?

yensidtlaw1969

I fail to see the connection that Zach is making to The Seas and The Land in his word salad. That says a lot because I teach English and I do a pretty good job at making seemingly unrelated things connect 🤓
Well, you see, "Journey of Water" is near-and-between-ish The Land and The Seas . . . and the Water in "Journey of Water" is from THE Sea, and the attraction itself is on land . . .

Honestly, I saw better creative justification for the juxtaposition of disparate ideas in freshman year of art school than anywhere in that Instagram copy. Zach's BS is insufferable even by that standard.

MrPromey

I'll say it. For me Old school Epcot was boring as heck. With that said I get the love for the old park.
I personally think time and today's consumer don't appreciate that kind of experience like it was in the 80's.

Yeah but boredom was!

Because everything must now appeal to the MK crowd, only.

(except with alcohol added, of course!)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Keep in mind this is an artist's rendering that can change and/or not be accurate....

Here's the path of JoW. Circled are the two Moana bits. The icon of the Heart of TeFiti, and a Moana M&G with PhotoPass under a ceremonial tent, which looks like the only actual splash pad with jets shooting up.

JoW1.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It has a sign!

And a... kiosk? Are they controlling the number who enter? Are they selling Margaritas? Will they have ponchos? Towels? They could certain use one of those full-body-dryers found in DCA?

1651780217474.png

1651780403561.png

nickys

Premium Member
is that Moana? Did Moana wear green shorts and a T Shirt? If it is a Moana meet and greet, the entire route will end up just being a queue... Shouldn't she just be in the Communicore Hall with the others? or in Adventureland... or at the Poly... or anywhere but here?
Yes, that’s where she should be.

But the clue is in the name, Journey of Water - Inspired by Moana”. She was always going to be there. IMO of course!

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I don't think that's supposed to be Moana.

That doesn't mean she won't be in there, but if she is, then it's just a meet and greet with a really nice queue because it will be full of people waiting in line to meet her. It won't be something people can just casually explore.

I honestly don't think they're going to have a live meet and greet there, but I also can't say I'd be shocked if they did.

EDIT: They've never suggested there would be one, have they?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
is that Moana? Did Moana wear green shorts and a T Shirt? If it is a Moana meet and greet, the entire route will end up just being a queue... Shouldn't she just be in the Communicore Hall with the others? or in Adventureland... or at the Poly... or anywhere but here?
Looks like a CM in costume to me

Sir_Cliff

I don't think that's supposed to be Moana.

That doesn't mean she won't be in there, but if she is, then it's just a meet and greet with a really nice queue because it will be full of people waiting in line to meet her. It won't be something people can just casually explore.

I honestly don't think they're going to have a live meet and greet there, but I also can't say I'd be shocked if they did.

EDIT: They've never suggested there would be one, have they?
Yes, doesn't really make sense to stick Moana in the middle of that unless the idea of the attraction is a queue to meet Moana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom