Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Sir_Cliff

So much for the 'thematic fit" of having a water path that leads to the Living Seas.

Without an entrance on the other side, this thing seems like it's going to be a roadblock (maybe no less than an abandoned Innoventions building) and a big patch of nothingness to walk past from the center spine. Honestly, it feels like they're essentially abandoning the concept of the center spine with all of this.

Oh wait, I forgot about the attraction-less Dreamer's Point...

At least Epcot will have their own fireworks bypass exit, now. 🤷‍♂️

If only they'd fix the fireworks show...
Yes, the whole rationale according to which people (including, I admit, myself) thought it would make sense in the context of and possibly make a decent addition to the spine of Epcot seems not to have been the case. Interesting.

MrPromey

Yes, the whole rationale according to which people (including, I admit, myself) thought it would make sense in the context of and possibly make a decent addition to the spine of Epcot seems not to have been the case. Interesting.
I think we all (well, most of us anyway) expected that.

It still felt like a stretch to me but would have at least made a bit of sense.

I wonder if that's something that changed after the initial announcement or if we were all just believing what we wanted to since the start.

Last edited:

No Name

There's always the chance the concept art is wrong but it does appear to be a closed loop with its back against the spine that they're trying to push as a standalone walk-through attraction rather than an open enviorment with multiple entrance/exits.
Yeah, now it’s clear they’re trying to push this “World Nature” thing as it’s own blob-shaped land, completely asymmetrical from the macaroni-shaped World Discovery. I think we can be forgiven for not expecting this considering the original announcements told a different story and I wonder when/why that part of the plan changed.

1651763843654.jpeg

1651764092590.jpeg

jaxonp

Seems like the idea is to keep people in this area of the park. It’s been 20 years since anyone hung out in the heart of the park. The “festival center/box” thing looks to be a way to keep people in the area with outside shows / meet and greets etc

Sir_Cliff

Yeah, now it’s clear they’re trying to push this “World Nature” thing as it’s own blob-shaped land, completely asymmetrical from the macaroni-shaped World Discovery. I think we can be forgiven for not expecting this considering the original announcements told a different story and I wonder when/why that part of the plan changed.

View attachment 637150
View attachment 637151
Thanks for re-posting that, as I can see we didn't completely imagine it would have a path from the central spine and seem more like a series of twisting paths rather than the sealed-off attraction it has now become.

I guess I do understand making it more explicitly part of World Nature if they are trying to make the new neighbourhoods concept work.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

View attachment 637150
View attachment 637151
People have been warned for years now that they were projecting way too much into Evolving Epcot.

UNCgolf

Having it be a one entrance/one exit walkthrough feels like a poor decision, but maybe that's because I'm still thinking about it as just a water/greenery area connecting areas of the park the way it was originally sold.

It sounds like they intend it to have a specific progression from beginning to end, in which case the one entrance/one exit makes more sense.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Having it be a one entrance/one exit walkthrough feels like a poor decision, but maybe that's because I'm still thinking about it as just a water/greenery area connecting areas of the park the way it was originally sold.

It sounds like they intend it to have a specific progression from beginning to end, in which case the one entrance/one exit makes more sense.
Yeah, I kind of feel that if it is a more linear interactive trail, maybe this is a better way of doing it. At least it seals it off from the central spine and keeps it as an attraction for World Nature. I guess it also kind of fleshes out that neighbourhood a little if Imagination is migrating to World Celebration.

Must say, guests rounding SSE on that side will find themselves in a veritable forest. From the looks of it, all you'll see as you round the bend on that side beyond SSE and Earth Station is trees, trees, and more trees!

mightynine

Imagineer Zach Riddley provides an update on EPCOT's 'Journey of Water - Inspired by Moana'​

World Zack Attack said:
Currently, our Walt Disney Imagineering team is hard at work preparing the site and developing all the details that will give form to this new experience.

Translation: "Look, even we don't know what the heck's going in this thing."

Tonto

That was never a problem when you had multiple pavilions offering hour-long worth of things to do in AC space. :)
I'll say it. For me Old school Epcot was boring as heck. With that said I get the love for the old park.
I personally think time and today's consumer don't appreciate that kind of experience like it was in the 80's.
That was never a problem when you had multiple pavilions offering hour-long worth of things to do in AC space. :)
Yeah but boredom was!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom