Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

markham

I’m surprised by the way the entrances and exits appear to be placed here. Am I the only one that thought one would enter on the dreamer’s point side of the plaza and exit near the living seas? I thought of this more as a plused-up path than a closed loop attraction. But it seems from the core, you’ll be seeing trees and maybe a retaining wall on the side near the new festival center.

yensidtlaw1969

absolutely no one...
Nor would anyone have complained if it were replacing Chester and Hester at the Animal Kingdom...It would have looked like a perfect fit and one that was needed...
I mean, I would have complained about it replacing Chester and Hester 😅

My point was just that there's no shortage of thematically-appropriate places to put Moana, they just chose not to.

Epcot82Guy

I would even say there were thematically-appropriate ways to have created this attraction, and they also chose not to.

The big issue is Epcot doesn't have a theme any longer (just like TL). I get the argument it was dead in 94 and needed updating. But, CHANGING the theme is different than ABANDONING theme into the mishmash it is today. And each of these additions make it more and more muddled.

JohnD

The journey of water area looks great. Almost what I was picturing in my head. The dancing fountains remind me of the Imagination area. That was so cool when I first saw them a kid. Looks like a nice walk through with the sounds of water.

Exactly. And that's new because. . .? (Not asking you specifically).

MrPromey

I’m surprised by the way the entrances and exits appear to be placed here. Am I the only one that thought one would enter on the dreamer’s point side of the plaza and exit near the living seas? I thought of this more as a plused-up path than a closed loop attraction. But it seems from the core, you’ll be seeing trees and maybe a retaining wall on the side near the new festival center.

So much for the 'thematic fit" of having a water path that leads to the Living Seas.

Without an entrance on the other side, this thing seems like it's going to be a roadblock (maybe no less than an abandoned Innoventions building) and a big patch of nothingness to walk past from the center spine. Honestly, it feels like they're essentially abandoning the concept of the center spine with all of this.

Oh wait, I forgot about the attraction-less Dreamer's Point...

At least Epcot will have their own fireworks bypass exit, now - straight down the center. 🤷‍♂️

If only they'd fix the fireworks show...

Last edited:

No Name

1651761193151.jpeg

1651761505976.jpeg

1651761386660.jpeg

1651761843139.jpeg

I was/am looking forward to seeing how the colors work together, even if only at night, and if that gives the center of the park a distinctive feel. Furthermore, during the day, I wonder how the warmer-color look of Creations/Connections will balance with the presumably cooler colors of Journey of Water. There is a lot I’m still optimistic or at least curious about here.

MrPromey

I was/am looking forward to seeing how the colors work together, even if only at night, and if that gives the center of the park a distinctive feel. Furthermore, during the day, I wonder how the warmer-color look of Creations/Connections will balance with the presumably cooler colors of Journey of Water. There is a lot I’m still optimistic or at least curious about here.
Since based on this concept art, it doesn't appear there's going to be an entrance to this from the center, I don't think how the colors might work together matters much... not that their final products always match the concept art - hopefully that'll be the case, here. (in more ways than one)

No Name

Since based on this concept art, it doesn't appear there's going to be an entrance to this from the center, I don't think how the colors might work together matters much... not that their final products always match the concept art - hopefully that'll be the case, here. (in more ways than one)
Oh I didn’t notice that. Well that’s dumb. I’m back to thinking they’re clueless fools.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom