Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

doctornick

Looks like a CM in costume to me
Could it be possible that this could be something like a cultural representative from Polynesia or an educational station (like Wilderness Explorers or what you find in a science museum) with someone talking about the water cycle or something tangential to that?

They have little stations inside the animal trails at DAK and it kind of reminds me of that.

Casper Gutman

I don’t think that’s Moana, but I also think the chances that this is an elaborate queue for a Moana meet-and-greet are very high. Otherwise, what is it? With one entrance and one exit exploration becomes tricky. I don’t see any instructional signs or other evidence of edutainment content.

Honestly, this is one of the rare cases where the release of concept art has made things LESS clear.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Keep in mind this is an artist's rendering that can change and/or not be accurate....

Here's the path of JoW. Circled are the two Moana bits. The icon of the Heart of TeFiti, and a Moana M&G with PhotoPass under a ceremonial tent, which looks like the only actual splash pad with jets shooting up.

View attachment 637184

Is it really going to be a closed loop?

I really expected it to have multiple entrances and exits. Not one of each

No Name

Based on the absence of World Bold for the name Journey of Water in the aerial map they released, I would assume this’ll have no connection to the center.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Could it be possible that this could be something like a cultural representative from Polynesia or an educational station (like Wilderness Explorers or what you find in a science museum) with someone talking about the water cycle or something tangential to that?

They have little stations inside the animal trails at DAK and it kind of reminds me of that.

It could be a CM with a photovoltaic panel splitting hydrogen and oxygen from water to power the friendship boats, or they could be summoning Mothra.

Naplesgolfer

Will the water garden walk thru have cast at the entrance metering people in ? Would they put this on Genie + , just for capacity ??? I Hope not.

SilentWindODoom

I don't think that's supposed to be Moana.

That doesn't mean she won't be in there, but if she is, then it's just a meet and greet with a really nice queue because it will be full of people waiting in line to meet her. It won't be something people can just casually explore.

I honestly don't think they're going to have a live meet and greet there, but I also can't say I'd be shocked if they did.

EDIT: They've never suggested there would be one, have they?

Is the suggestion not that that's the cast member handling people coming in/taking photos while Moana is under the awning?

UNCgolf

Is the suggestion not that that's the cast member handling people coming in/taking photos while Moana is under the awning?

It potentially could be, and as I said, I certainly wouldn't be shocked if that's the case.

If it is, though, it makes the EPCOT overhaul look even worse. It's no longer a potentially interesting/beautiful area to casually walk around in; it's a queue for a meet and greet which means people who aren't interested in meeting Moana may never see it. I certainly wouldn't wait in a long line just to get in, or have to spend an hour inside as we slowly crawl forward to the M&G.

I suppose, depending on how large it is, they could have one side of the path as a queue and the other side for people to freely walk through, but that still seems like it could potentially cause bottleneck issues.

Casper Gutman

It potentially could be, and as I said, I certainly wouldn't be shocked if that's the case.

If it is, though, it makes the EPCOT overhaul look even worse. It's no longer a potentially interesting/beautiful area to casually walk around in; it's a queue for a meet and greet which means people who aren't interested in meeting Moana may never see it. I certainly wouldn't wait in a long line just to get in, or have to spend an hour inside as we slowly crawl forward to the M&G.

I suppose, depending on how large it is, they could have one side of the path as a queue and the other side for people to freely walk through, but that still seems like it could potentially cause bottleneck issues.
I kinda feel like whatever the intentions of the designers and whatever it is at opening, it’s gonna become a Moana meet-and-greet within a couple years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom