Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Didn't Pandora have some water splash effects when it first opened? It's been a minute since I've been
Yeah, floating slugs that spit water at you. The huge pitcher plant also spews when you rub its.... .... ... tummy? Both effects are turned off for the pandemic (as of the beginning of December).

EPCOT has had interactive props, like the UK phone booth and the Fineas and Furb game.

BubbaisSleep

Didn't Pandora have some water splash effects when it first opened? It's been a minute since I've been
I believe so but I'm vaguely remembering it too for some reason. I remember something interactive happening when you touch the huge plant at the entrance as well.

But I felt like the area was originally supposed to have more to do that interacted with magic bands, as well as areas in other parks before implementing them got more expensive than planned. It's been so long since reading these rumors of course.

No Name

I believe so but I'm vaguely remembering it too for some reason. I remember something interactive happening when you touch the huge plant at the entrance as well.

But I felt like the area was originally supposed to have more to do that interacted with magic bands, as well as areas in other parks before implementing them got more expensive than planned. It's been so long since reading these rumors of course.
I think these were mostly just rumors especially since the land was designed around the same time as Test Track 2.0, which is the only ride to use MagicBands in any meaningful way.

Haymarket2008

I would imagine that Journey of Water might not open till at least Dreamer's Point is completed along with it....There is quite a bit of redevelopment surrounding the experience that needs to happen before JoW opens. I would assume.

No Name

Yeah, it isn't meaningful at all and could be removed and the ride is the same to me. It's a novelty that doesn't add any value, but YMMV.
Well I didn’t exactly consult the thesaurus before making that comment. I’m sure you get the point that it’s the only ride in which Magic Bands are actually used as part of the experience.

Incomudro

from the way it looks, another 2 years...
I'd love to say "no" to this, and laugh at it - but given Disney's build rate - I can't laugh it off.
There's no ride structure hidden, and I appears as if the basic plumbing routes are installed.., So it should just be rock work, landscaping, and lighting to go.
That should take less than a year.
But...

GladToBeHear

My problem with the whole thing revolves around tearing down the building and putting this vaguely Polynesian Cartoon Character themed water discovery area in the hub of the park... If it were pushed back and spanned the secondary path between the Land Pavilion and Living Seas, it would make more sense to me...Though honestly, none of what they have done with the "Neighborhoods" seems to make any sense... I am sure a lot of this comes from not releasing the corresponding information to know how all this is going to shake out in the end... But it still seems odd to have this Journey Of Water feature as the first thing when entering the hub area...
FW is officially dead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom