Journey Into Imagination With Figment To Be Replaced With An Inside Out Attraction?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Here's Parade Remus in case anyone was wondering:
tyqBg9a.png

RSoxNo1

Does Inside Out move merchandise? There's your answer. It doesn't. Figment does.

Their best option for Inside Out was re-doing Cranium Command and putting it there, as a show. And keep the meet and greet. I'd still love that to be done but it doesn't at all seem likely (and was never more than fan wishing). Ironically we're getting the PLAY! pavilion where the Cranium Command theater is and .... nothing? I think the time has passed (for now) personally, for Inside Out to have a major dark ride. JMO. However, I still wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to tie Inside Out with Figment. But they could have already been doing that. Not to mention Imagination and Mexico are on the 3D display inside the Epcot Experience. Just because nothing was announced last year doesn't mean nothing is happening there ... IMO.

Their best bet is banking on Figment's merchandise sales and they should have found a way to give us a series or a movie, JMO. We didn't need Pete's Dragon remade, we needed a Figment and Dreamfinder movie based on the comics that were popular. They don't seem to want to leverage him, but he works as Epcot IP. They know it. We know it.
I think the merchandise sales of IP integration are overstated in the public eye. I think the greater reason is praying on familiarity for that year one sales/marketing push.

They're selling us what we think we know. In the case of Ratatouille and TRON it's things that exist elsewhere. In the case of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge it's selling us on the familiarity. Even with that though, the negative word of mouth/indifference during the initial opening far outweighed that familiarity.

What the current administration is failing to realize is that familiarity only works until the attraction opens. If the attraction doesn't impress, the familiarity is meaningless.

The Visionary Soul

There ARE competing concepts for this pavilion. The interesting ones are based on Inside Out (yes, it's real) and strangely... Muppets. Yes, the idea of Muppet Labs taking over the pavilion to explore Imagination (and moving Muppet Vision 3D there somehow) has been pitched. In that version, it is revealed that "Figment" is a Muppet and was created by Muppet Labs. I know this sounds like something a high schooler thought up, but I can assure you it's a real concept that was floated around.

The funny part is, if they did it right, I think I'd be okay with this. Muppets as explorers of the human imagination seems fun to me.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

There ARE competing concepts for this pavilion. The interesting ones are based on Inside Out (yes, it's real) and strangely... Muppets. Yes, the idea of Muppet Labs taking over the pavilion to explore Imagination (and moving Muppet Vision 3D there somehow) has been pitched. In that version, it is revealed that "Figment" is a Muppet and was created by Muppet Labs. I know this sounds like something a high schooler thought up, but I can assure you it's a real concept that was floated around.

The funny part is, if they did it right, I think I'd be okay with this. Muppets as explorers of the human imagination seems fun to me.

Wow...

Haymarket2008

No offense, but I hate all of that with my entire being lol. I’m of the “Pure Figment or none at all” camp moving forward. He deserves the grand treatment.

SirLink

TBH I've heard that pitch before, but there was another pitch when management wanted to create identity for DHS a pitch was made to move Muppets to Epcot and to tell the tale of what if Waldo met Figment which was v.blue sky.

Cmdr_Crimson

Geeze..I still remember the idea of Phineas and Ferb taking over the pavilion when this piece of concept art from Theme park connection started to swim around a few years ago..
BGT0kdcCYAEGnTc.jpg

I also like the fact that they were intending on having a face character of the lady in the 80's technology scene from Spaceship Earth being a face character of sorts...
12.JPG

aladdin2007

I agree with you, as much as I want the original back or a concept based on it, I realize that will probably never happen at this point. I think I would be okay with the above idea too, if they did it right and integrated it with Epcot in mind..it sounds like it could work well....IF being the keyword.....but anymore it just seems like they dont know whats what or where or what belongs where and just push things into wherever where they don't belong. My other concern is the AA, with sam eagle being the theme or character etc for the smokehouse, could we see a muppet attraction take over the AA someday down the road? :eek:

trainplane3

Give Dreamfinder a scientist position for that pitch and you got me.

brb1006

I saw a photo of Uncle Remus in a parade in what was estimated to be the 1970's once. Irrelevant but that means he was in the park at one point
Correction, Uncle Remus was actually seen at Disneyland during the "Disneyland Christmas Parade" taken sometime 1979 or 1980. Either in 1979 (for the fourth Herbie film) or 1980 (since there's a section dedicated to "Herbie Goes Bananas").

Here's photos from the Holiday parade.
JBqXSBO.png

tyqBg9a.png

Ffs5qM8.png

Video source where's these photos was taken. The Song Of The South section starts at the 19:50 mark of the video.

Figments Friend

No Pixar.
No Muppets.

The Imagination Pavillion already had ( and still partially has ) it's own 'characters' and imaginative concept.
Why does this seem so impossible for the Company to remember?
Surely someone in marketing and merchandising remembers with all of the Dreamfinder throwbacks and Figment exposure over the last few years.

Disney has everything they need to make the Pavillion great, except forward thinking individuals apparently.

Adding Pixar or Muppets doesn't improve the 'problem'.
It would only draw even more attention to it.

Keep that stuff in DHS where it belongs.
🤨

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom