Journey Into Imagination refurb.

mickey v-neck

Yeah, the same insiders who told us that Guardians were going to the Studios in the first place. Give me a break. "Insiders" don't get credit for debunking their own nonsense rumors.

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
As an outsider I'll just say that plans change.
Understood. I'm not calling anyone a liar, just pointing out that rumors tend to morph into "sure things" and then everyone acts all outraged when those "sure things," which were never actually sure things, don't come to fruition.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Understood. I'm not calling anyone a liar, just pointing out that rumors tend to morph into "sure things" and then everyone acts all outraged when those "sure things," which were never actually sure things, don't come to fruition.
Good call. It helps to understand your sources.

hokielutz

It's odd how some films get the attraction treatment and others don't. I know some films don't deserve an attraction as much as others. But Zootopia has proven it's worthiness at the box office--maybe not for Frozen-like hype, but some type of permanent inclusion in the parks. I've always thought 101 Dalmations and Bambi are underrepresented. They are still very popular all things considered.

Zootopia has done marvelously at the box office.... but I wouldn't want to set a standard of putting every box office success into a permanent fixture in the theme parks. Sure bring some characters in and maybe some signage overlays here and there.... but green-lighting a major capital expense needs some time to develop and a placement that lets it fit with the rest of the park. Otherwise you become a Six Flags/Kings Dominion park.

Haymarket2008

@marni1971 I'm afraid to even ask, but you did mention in another thread that there isn't a new Imagination coming in the near future. Does that mean it simply isn't a part of the initial projects, or are Figment's days numbered?

raven

There is a push for it but at the moment nothing solid is planned.
Journey is in such a sad state. At this time I feel the only way to save it is to tear it down and start from scratch. But, as Disney history has shown, if they do that then they will probably have a completely different pavilion there. Perhaps THIS is where Frozen should've gone instead of overcrowding the east side of World Showcase.

tirian

A couple years ago, Imagination CMs were cross-trained in other locations because Disney was going to shut down the pavilion for an eventual update. In other words, it was going to sit empty for an undetermined length of time until it finally reopened with a new attraction. This led to unconfirmed speculation a new ride was >>thisClose<< to coming, but obviously nothing happened.

FigmentJedi

A couple years ago, Imagination CMs were cross-trained in other locations because Disney was going to shut down the pavilion for an eventual update. In other words, it was going to sit empty for an undetermined length of time until it finally reopened with a new attraction. This led to unconfirmed speculation a new ride was >>thisClose<< to coming, but obviously nothing happened.
This was also timed very close to when the first Figment book from Marvel (which rebooted Dreamfinder) was announced. But then Frozen made all the money and priorities and budgets shifted...

Last edited:

tirian

This was also timed very close to when the first Figment book (which functioned as or from Marvel was announced. But then Frozen made all the money and priorities and budgets shifted...
I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it's an interesting observation.

cjkeating

I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it's an interesting observation.

I haven't looked back but from memory the dates for when Frozen would have been proposed internally line up quite closely to the Imagination postponed closure.

wdwfan22

When they finally decide to do something with the space known as imagination I look for them to tear down the building and start from scratch.

wdwfan22

Why?

It's a magnificent looking building with nothing wrong with it.

It has so much potential.

Because I believe when they decide to go forward with plans for that area they will not keep the imagination theme and go in a different direction. The building also has not aged well. It looks very dated.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Because I believe when they decide to go forward with plans for that area they will not keep the imagination theme and go in a different direction. The building also has not aged well. It looks very dated.
I think the building is timeless as opposed to aging.

The paint job however is another matter.

As it stands plans for the building are not happening for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom