Journey Into Imagination/ Petition!/ News-Poll! Real One! (Final)

Would you sign the petition to bring back the Dreamfinder if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 124 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Since1976

I don't think just brining the character back would fix things. The return of Figment wasn't muchb of a boost to the attraction.

The entire ride needs an...ahem...re-imagining.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
We'll as a pair, they work magic, I think that if the 3-d movie was collaborated with the new ride, then it would work fine.

Oh, and you mean "needs some imagineering"

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Goal has been reached! Keep it coming though! I will have the letter writing campaign hosting site up and running at latest by tomorrow! Check back for updates!

TiggerificChick

This is great! Jedimaster1227, Your letter brought tears to my eyes. I loved it! You put into words what people have been trying to say for years! Excellent!!! I sure hope this works(crosses fingers)! Let's make Dreamfinder proud!!!

SirGoofy

I voted an emphatic yes. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the first JII was the best dark ride ever on Disney property. It was more than a ride, it was an experience. Great music, memorable characters, beautiful sets, and it had a point. The loss of this ride hurt Epcot as a whole in my opinion. It signified the end of EPCOT Center and the begining of the new Epcot. I would do nething to bring back the old ride.

Aurora_25

I say yes- I totally miss the Dreamfinder and the old version- I mean, it really was so much better in my opinion than the new one.

tazhughes

jedimaster1227 said:
We'll as a pair, they work magic, I think that if the 3-d movie was collaborated with the new ride, then it would work fine.

Oh, and you mean "needs some imagineering"

The original ride and the movie were never paired up, it was when WDI decided that they should be paired that the ride went wrong.

However, with that said I was thinking perhaps the premise for the movie could be that Dr. Channing receives a letter from Dean Finder the retired founder of the institute that he needs help because he is stuck in an imagination and Figment impulsively runs off to help him. We could then travel along with Figment through this imagination to find him and then travel with them together back out to "reality". With a closing theme that with a hard work we can bring our imagination/dreams to reality. Then at the exit of the movie there could be a meet and greet with Dreamfinder and Figment.

Though I would REALLY like the old ride back as my 1st choice.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve added my yes vote... but only in the context of a 4th version of the attraction. I can`t see throwing Dreamfinder into the current version would hlp it much (it might even be as bad as the 2nd version - perish the thought)

If anyone has access to Disney Central mIRC (or Torrents) I now have both my tribute videos showing all 3 versions available for download - the original (multi camera and full source audio, and the Imageworks) and versions 2 and 3 (multi camera, track layout changes, background notes etc)

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
tazhughes said:
The original ride and the movie were never paired up, it was when WDI decided that they should be paired that the ride went wrong.

However, with that said I was thinking perhaps the premise for the movie could be that Dr. Channing receives a letter from Dean Finder the retired founder of the institute that he needs help because he is stuck in an imagination and Figment impulsively runs off to help him. We could then travel along with Figment through this imagination to find him and then travel with them together back out to "reality". With a closing theme that with a hard work we can bring our imagination/dreams to reality. Then at the exit of the movie there could be a meet and greet with Dreamfinder and Figment.

Though I would REALLY like the old ride back as my 1st choice.

I meant Dreamfinder and Figment. But if they made a matching film and ride with these two characters, bringing together the pavilion, then maybe it could work.

Thank you all for your help, try to keep this thread going, because I will. I am finishing up the website right now and it should be up by Friday at latest!

Thank you for your support...

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Website is now done! The date is set to start sending in letters, it is up to you.

I have said that we shall start sending in the letters on July 31st, 2005. Affter that it will not end. Along with this, I found a way to contact WDW directly. Its on the site! And here it is!

Dreamfinder Forever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom