Journey Into Imagination/ Petition!/ News-Poll! Real One! (Final)

Would you sign the petition to bring back the Dreamfinder if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 124 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkMeasures

I think it is a very bad idea to sign the petition or suppord the return of Dreamfinder.

I think that if the next incarnation of Imagination features the return of Figment/Dreamfinder/or that nigel guy that it would be going against what the pavilian is all about.

I think that Imagination should have something completly new and different with each incarnation. Not a different darkride about the same thing as the old one that features the same characters. Every 10-20 years, the ride should be replaced with something that truely takes up the minds of the imagineers. And if the Imagineers do their jobs right, nobody should be complaining about the loss of the older characters.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
And you think they did their job right when they settled for two cheap versions of a ride that has lost all of its fans since its revamp? I believe that the Dreamfinder and Figment were symbolic, but only when they were together. Nigel Channing doesn't understand, so he argues, being very annoying at times. The Dreamfinder was always jolly and happy to open the minds of children and parents alike. I'll let you read the email that I sent to Roy Disney today and then see how you feel about what you just said!

It is in the interest of me, the fans and the well being of Disney that I bring this to your attention. As you may already know, Disney has been losing its magical spirit over the years as attractions have been replaced, destroyed, decommissioned or turned into meet and greets. Specifically Epcot has been losing its spirit of what it once was. With the loss of World of Motion, Horizons, the original Universe of Energy and of course, the original Journey into Imagination. I remember as a young child finding this ride an enchanting and fantastic experience in all of the parks. For some reason the symbols of Figment and Dreamfinder stood out compared to Dinosaurs, Movement, the Land, and the Making of Me. When looking back at the amazing attraction and seeing what the management at Walt Disney World has settled for (i.e. Journey into Your Imagination, and Journey into your Imagination with Figment). I am not dissatisfied with the fact that Disney returned one great character, Figment. But, I truly feel that Disney is letting down the fans, consumers and even stockholders when it runs an attraction that has a very minimal attendance rate, wasting money on something that most guests overlook unless they have children of three and four with them. When looking back at the original version and how it enchanted its guests, had a high attendance rate, and fulfilled Walt Disney's vision, dream and goal to open the minds of children, teens and people of all ages. I have realized that the voices of many can change the minds of a few after watching the fight for Figment's return triumph. I am starting a letter writing campaign that will, if effective bring back the symbol of dreams and imagination that helped spread Walt Disney's true message of self belief and hope. I believe that those who fight for Disney's true message can believe in a cause that reinforces it. If you do, then please respond as soon as possible because I am gathering all of the believers I can that will bring Dreamfinder back!

tazhughes

I voted Yes, I absolutely believe that the Dreamfinder should be returned, though I'm doubtful that they will just reinsert the original ride. I would be satisfied if they would replace HISTA with a Dreamfinder and Figment 3D movie. I just found something very special about these two characters and I would like my children to experience that special magic. I almost think that the Dreamfinder Figment relationship was what I would imagine Walt and Mickey's relationship to be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom