Journey Into Imagination 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

disney192897

Original Poster
Hello everyone, I have been hearing alot of rumors about the possible rehauling of the Imagination Institute and bringing back an updated version of the original Journey Into Imagination with figment AND DREAMFINDER. Here is a copy of a report from Disney Central:

The Ride: Will be redone again. This time it will feature BOTH the Dreamfinder and Figment TOGETHER. There is a possibility that the new version will utilize old track segments and/or ride space that up until now has been unused (since the original ride was still in place). This chance of an extension means that the ride time will be increased. The Imagination Institute theme will be removed. The Film in the Magic Eye Theater: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience will be removed and all references to the Imagination Institute will be removed. A new film starring Figment and the Dreamfinder will be shown in the theater. Possibility: The film could utilize 3 dimensional effects and other special effects like the ones used in Its Tough to Be a Bug and Universal Studios Shrek 4-D Adventure Imageworks (Results for the current one and the old one): The Kodak What-If Labs and the current Imageworks will be removed. This area could become the new queue or something else. The old Imageworks (Upstairs) will be updated and re-opened. Walk-Around Characters: The walk-around Figment (Most of us refer to him as Figzilla) is no longer to be shown. A costumed cast member will wear the new Dreamfinder suit while carrying a normal-sized Figment in his arms. Meet and Greets: Figments Place is closed. There is a possibility that it will become a Figment AND Dreamfinder meet and greet. Crowd Flow: The revamped pavilion will feature two main crowd flows (Both used in the original version of the pavilion) The first option is: Ride to Imageworks to Magic Eye Theater The second option is: Ride to Magic Eye Theater. Via the second option, guests can bypass the Imageworks experience and go directly to the Magic Eye Theater. There is a possibility that to optional crowd flows will be available: Direct from pavilion entrance to the Magic Eye Theater or Direct from pavilion entrance to Imageworks. Overall Pavilion: The pavilion will share one main theme and all aspects will feature Figment and the Dreamfinder. The Imagination Institute will not play a role in the pavilion. Possibility: The pavilion may receive a paint job to match its original color scheme. Project Timeframe: If the project is green lit, work will begin towards the end of this year. If the project is green lit, work will be completed in less than 8 months. If the project is green lit, the pavilion will be re-opened and re-dedicated on Epcots 25th Anniversary in 2007. Our final note: We would like you to understand that the project hasnt been completely green lit, nor has it been officially announced. We expect both to happen within the next few months when the pavilion will go down for a maintenance rehab. If the project is green lit, we dont expect the pavilion to re-open from this rehab. Once again, we hope that you understand that this isnt confirmed news or details. All of this information was gathered from our reliable sources and we believe it to be true. If by some chance that the project isnt given the go ahead, then we will keep working on changing Disneys mind on that decision. We hope that this has cleared up all of the confusion on this topic and we will have more news about this as soon as we get it!

Let's discuss!

Mike Tenuto

TTATraveler

This all sounds really cool, but I will belive it when it can be further substantiated or an official announcement is made. Thanks for the info though.

wannab@dis

:zipit:

Nothing has been confirmed, but that information is exactly what a forum member here has been sending out. The same information was posted here a while back.

SirNim

It's pretty much a fan's fantasy come true...every aspect of the plan (and yes, this information has been heard 'round these here parts before) aligns to what I would consider a "best case scenario."

Of course, all it is now is rumor, and rumor doesn't hold much weight. Let's wait and see if, when, and how this develops...

Cliff

Woah,...this would be great it it were true.

I remember the original so well. Fortunatly I was able to ride the final train on the last night of the original. I wanted to sit in the last car real bad,..but 2 CM's and 4 other guests got there before me. So,..I wound up being one of the last 7 people to ride it. ( I know, a lame little fact)

I hope you are right.

CT

Scar Junior

Wow. That would be a huge improvement. I've heard something on this rumor but not with this much detail. It seems like a realistic, logical change.

I don't know enough about the track layout. I think this info would be helpful to breakdown some of this rumor. Does anyone have a graphic or link to what it looks like.... I think I remember seeing one years ago.

Also, eventhough HISTA had a great run, it is mediocre in my book. Worst 3D film on property. Change is good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also thought the Imagination Institute theme was fun for a year or two but it got old quick.

SirNim

Scar Junior said:
I don't know enough about the track layout. I think this info would be helpful to breakdown some of this rumor. Does anyone have a graphic or link to what it looks like.... I think I remember seeing one years ago.

I think this is it:

747im6xl.jpg

Jerm

No No it is....I heard it from my friend who was there on vacation with his brother who heard it from the front desk guy at the Hilton who knows one of the people that work at Rainforest at DTD who talked to a CM of Malstrom who saw a guy walking around with blueprints out side of the CM entrance right by the stroller parking by Imagination!!!! So it has to be true!

We can all hope and odder things have happened, but I wont hold my breath and try and turn purple to match the colors it should be.

J

P.S.--I would love the 3-D film with Figment!!!

mayoki

IF this is true, what a boost to to Future World. A true Retro ride, but updated for the new fans. That would only leave Universe of Energy to "referbish", oh and Wonders(blah).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom