Joe Rohde announces retirement from WDI

ifan

I appreciate Joe's design work and he (and his earring!) will be missed. Animal Kingdom is the most beautiful park at WDW and Aulani is a treat even within an already beautiful Oahu.

I remember visiting AK during vacation club previews in 1998 and being wow'd by even the smallest details. The pathways had been aged to look like they had been there for decades, etc. Having family from Africa with us, even they were impressed by the African market.

I look forward to seeing what he will be doing next. He'd be absolutely amazing at designing resorts for any company, although I bet he will be taking a different, less commercial path with his vested Disney stock.

Mat Cauthon

Welp. Expedition Everest to be re-envisioned as Toy Story: Tale of the Abominable Snowman!
monsters.png

matt9112

I guess its disco yeti forever. If i was every CEO i would legitimately pay for it out of my salary at this point. Good thing i will never be the CEO eh.

Animaniac93-98

Welp. Expedition Everest to be re-envisioned as Toy Story: Tale of the Abominable Snowman!

In all seriousness, I would not be surprised if the next new ride built for AK was a copy of the Zootopia attraction now being built at SDL.

It fits all the criteria corporate Disney would want in a new WDW ride, and Joe won't be around to object to the idea.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
If my memory serves me right, wasn't he leading the Lighthouse Point project? I wonder what that means for the development. The website is still operational.
No idea about current progress but the new cruise ships are still in the pipeline so Lighthouse Point should still be on the board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom