Jim McPhee promoted - now oversees the 4 park VPs

_Scar

What is HK's LoW? Any links?

CM's holding up snowflake signs that light up one by one until it reached the castle which then lights up. Just another way for lighting the castle. (I like ours better personally- more character)

Figments Friend

Perfect. Simply perfect. This is a Christmas present I never thought I'd get. WDW finally has a talented leader who knows what the traditions and values of this company truly are.

Honestly, as a former EPCOT CM who worked under Jim's lead, the guy knows how to run a park, he takes a vested interest in the daily goings on, and was never shy about speaking to CMs and guests a like. The most important thing I see from Jim is that he was in the park an awful lot. Nothing important went by without him checking it out.

Great move by Disney. Honestly. I am ecstatic.

.:wave:

Totally agree. Well said my friend!

SeanC

So can anyone clarify whether the job description is supervising the VP's of all four parks as the the original post indicates, or only supervising Next Gen Experiences in all of WDW as the job title also suggests and 74 has claimed?

Mr.EPCOT

Total armchair Imagineering here, but I'd love to see RFID as part of the Lights of Winter 2.0. Imagine scrim webbing above with fiber optics and LEDs. Most of it dances to the music, but some of them could detect RFID tags under them and follow them all throughout the area.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So can anyone clarify whether the job description is supervising the VP's of all four parks as the the original post indicates, or only supervising Next Gen Experiences in all of WDW as the job title also suggests and 74 has claimed?

The 4 park VPs report to Jim.

DisneyNut2007

Oh, and as I stated elsewhere, there will be more (any?, some?) holiday decor at EPCOT next year and some next generation light display (LoW aren't returning in current form ever) either next year or 2011.

Throw in the return of the Country Bear Xmas show at MK plus the additions of Haunted Mansion Holiday and It's a Small World Holiday and you've got yourself a deal.

Pete C

That's quite an exaggeration. Nothing major has been lost and the ride was in great shape imo when I rode in Oct.

I just want him to change the name back to Countdown to Extinction, or at least something other than the lamest named attraction at WDW: "Dinosaur".

trr1

Disney vague on "next generation experiences"
By Leah Zanolla
Dec 17, 2009

Disney has a new person in charge of "next generation experiences." Jim MacPhee, 51, has been named vice president of next generation experiences and Walt Disney World parks. MacPhee used to be vice president in charge of Epcot until earlier this year. He was then named vice president for "special projects" and worked on interactive theme park experiences. Disney is being vague on what "next generation experience" means. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Disney will only say that "we are constantly exploring new ways to deliver high-quality immersive experiences to new and existing audiences. Our goal is to take every element of the vacation experience to a new level."

RSoxNo1

I just want him to change the name back to Countdown to Extinction, or at least something other than the lamest named attraction at WDW: "Dinosaur".

I'd be all for a refurbishment to Dinosaur that includes bringing back some of the broken/removed effects, after which they could re-open it as Countdown to Extinction.

Perhaps if new (or even old effects) are brought back to Dinosaur/CtX it could ease the necessary downtime to repair the Yeti.

DisneyNut2007

YES!!

Thank goodness Jim will have some kind of important job that will I think mean something in the long run. (He will get us a replacement (like Hong Kongs LoW) here for next year. Goodbye perhaps to the old one but if we get something like it and better Yea!

... Maybe we can trade Erin, Meg and Al for some surplus Yeti parts and put Jim in charge of Everything!

(Toss in Iger and Russulo for FREE!!)

Leave Iger and Crofton out of this! They are great and are to remain with the company!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom