Jim Hill strikes again PART II-Night Kingdom?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Please just a hint as to where it would go, AK or near AK?

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes and yes. Going with the description, there would probably be a separate entrance and some exclusive areas, but would share various activities with existing AK facilities. The cost estimate would require dependance on AK infrastructure.

jt04

Hey, no worries man, the ability to change one's mind when presented with new information is a rare, and valuable trait that not too many people share. I'm on your side on this one

I am saving my opinion for the announcement of where this would be located.

If it is going to AK then :fork:

If it is going in the vicinity of AK (behind AKL for instance) then it will be good news.

I'm staying hopeful......for now.:)

phichi17

You can have a group of people vote on the gender of a particular bunny rabbit, but the majority can still be wrong if the rabbit is male
I didn't mean to imply we were right or wrong, just wanted opinions. Jeff, usually you are VERY against anything Mr. Hill says, this time not so much...

Fun2BFree

What is the general concensus here? Is this going to happen?

Well, according to a DISBoards member, he was given a survey by WDC about Night Kingdom, and that concept art package way back shows an image of something very similar. In the end, it would seem that Disney are researching, but if they get positive feedback I think it has a great chance of happening.

wannab@dis

I see all the armchair imagineers and executives have come flooding out of the woodwork to talk about how much smarter they are than the ones that have the jobs... :zipit:

As for the rumor, sounds intriguing. If I have the money when/if it's done, may give it a try. Of course, don't forget to factor in the costs of "Kids night out" sitters. :D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
How many people on this board would shell out $250-300 dollars for this?

sadwave.gif

phichi17

Well, according to a DISBoards member, he was given a survey by WDC about Night Kingdom, and that concept art package way back shows an image of something very similar. In the end, it would seem that Disney are researching, but if they get positive feedback I think it has a great chance of happening.
Mr. Hill got a survey and now we are discussing the possibility of a high end-high dollar park. I love the internet.:D

Captain Hank

I'm not surprised that there's speculation that Disney is considering a "boutique"-style park, in fact I am surprised that it's taken this long for major rumors to surface. However, there are a few things about this rumored park that just don't seem to...click.

--First of all, some of these rumored attractions don't seem terribly unique and unusual. For example, rock climbing facilities are very common, both in real rocky areas and in many upscale spas and health clubs--even cruise ships. Obviously, this would be a highly themed rock climbing facility, but I'm not sure that it would be a tremendous draw.

--4,000 cast members at any one time sounds tremendously over-inflated. A 1:1 or 2:1 guest:CM ratio sounds much more realistic for a park of this type.

--Finally, it would be very difficult to create the experiences described while at the same time ensuring the guests' safety. Hippos are extremely aggressive and dangerous animals. Likewise with lions and hyenas on the hunt. Obviously, it would be possible to create a nighttime savanna walking experience. But, the massive safety precautions involved (barriers, moats, etc.) would have the potential to negate the "thrill" of the experience, particularly when said precautions could be examined in much greater detail than one would see on, say, a safari truck. The cost to insure such a park would be astronomical.

jt04

Just going by Jim Hill's article it looks similar to Discovery Cove so has anybody here gone to Discovery Cove and if so would you go to a Disney version of that?

NOT if it is in the AK park itself! Ever! :lookaroun

Have I made my point yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom