jim hill gets kicked out?

Tigggrl

The whole point here is he should NOT have been giving any type of tour to begin with!
Charging money for something that Disney offers already is just wrong.
It is truly sad that someone needs to personally gain from something they are not a part of.
If you want to work for Disney, work for them, do not try to undermine what they already have going on. People like me go to Disney to immerse themselves in another place, to get away, to soak up the fantasy aspect of things while we are there. Once you pass thru those gates, you should be able to escape...NOT hear some bozo try to tell what could have been. There are plenty of books that are out there, official and UNofficial to read to find what you are looking for. Be it true or NOT. Leave it outside. Oh, And Mike, if you would read whats really written, VS. what you WANT to read, my first post said I dont live in a Disney colored world, and BELIEVE ME, if there is anyone who has a right to be anti-Disney it would be me.

askmike1

Only qualified Disneyland Resort cast members are authorized to provide tours of Disneyland. Since Mr. Hill’s tour was not authorized he was asked to leave the property.
So now we have a formal reason. I see no need to discuss the legality or negativity of it anymore since we know that competition was the reason he was booted.
Regarding the large tour groups that frequent the resort the DLR spokesman said, "That's a totally different thing. It's comparing apples and oranges. Those groups, mostly international visitors, don't duplicate the Disneyland tours. They have guides who are simply leading them from point A to point B."
It doesn't matter, a tour is a tour. You can say that Jim is mearly leading people around Disneyland and happens to be talking about it at the same time. This isn't comparing Apples and Oranges, it is comparing a McIntoshto a Red Delecious.
I fully expect Disney to close every single unofficial tour including Koenig's and anyone elses.
I work for the damn site and I'm getting tired of this story
:D Who would have thought the next controvercial artcle would be about Disneyland and not SD?

CoryMitchell

askmike1 said:
Who would have thought the next controvercial artcle would be about Disneyland and not SD?

Don't kid yourself Mike. This story is about Jim, not Disneyland.
People's strong opinions about Jim is what brought this story all it's attention.
If I had gotten my butt kicked out of Disneyland for giving tours, no one would have given a rats @ss.

wannab@dis

askmike1 said:
[sarcastic]Thank you for enlightening my life all-knowing-one.[/sarcastic]

There was absolutely no call for that... If you can't debate an issue without dropping to those levels then leave the debates to others.

He was talking about matches to a group of people. (Figuratively speaking) Another thing is that guests are not going to be listening to the whole thing. The most the average guest would overhear is one sentence. When you go to Disneyland, you are constantly walking about to the next attraction. The only times when people stop is when they are eating a meal. The reason these women heard more was because they were on the tour.

Another thing is that this incident was caused by a large part pure bad timing. Jim was waiting for 3 people who were 15 minutes late. 3 women come up to Jim and ask him "Is this the tour?" They were not specific in what tour and Jim did not want to delay the tour any longer.

Once again, none of that matters. The tours should not have been taking place. Blaming those awful 3 women or people that hear well doesn't change the issue.

EDIT: The "awful" is not my description, but others that have posted!

wannab@dis

CoryMitchell said:
I work for the damn site and I'm getting tired of this story.

Chin up! :wave:

You should know if you want to be a media outlet, you're going to get burned at times. Take it in stride and don't get discouraged. You will always have those of us that don't agree with everything that is put on your site!

It's apparent from some on the posters that you guys enjoy a loyal following. Brainwashed? :lol:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
He's defending his boss, can't fault him for that. He knows JH far better than any of us! The story should be put to rest, though. It's over, done with, and even Disney has given an official word about it.

CoryMitchell

wannab@dis said:
Chin up! :wave:

You should know if you want to be a media outlet, you're going to get burned at times. Take it in stride and don't get discouraged. You will always have those of us that don't agree with everything that is put on your site!

It's apparent from some on the posters that you guys enjoy a loyal following. Brainwashed? :lol:

I'm not discouraged. Just tired of the whole thing. The story is pretty cut and dry: Big man give good tour. Disney realize it not ok for big man to give tour. Disney tell big man stop.
I'm all for the increased traffic on the site, but with how busy I am outside of the Disney/Jim Hill business (I was animating til 3am last night.) I find it hard to understand how people can still find aything to discuss now matter how much you love or hate Jim.

Be nice to Mike. He's a good guy.

askmike1

wannab@dis said:
There was absolutely no call for that... If you can't debate an issue without dropping to those levels then leave the debates to others.
I do appologize for that comment, but the only reason I put that there was because you acted like there was no debate to begin with saying things such as "There is no way to defend Jim Hill and his actions"..." You are far from winning"..." Don't be too disappointed though, you were up against a tough situation." You acted like you knew everything in the world (of course, I could have interpretted it wrong).
Big man give good tour. Disney realize it not ok for big man to give tour. Disney tell big man stop.
I like your description of Jim. :)
I believe it's time to call this debate complete...The story should be put to rest...I find it hard to understand how people can still find aything to discuss
By now, I agree with these comments. What happened is over and done with. If you thought Jim was right on page one, you are still going to think he's right 8 pages later (and the same for if you thought he was wrong). This topic is going nowhere and I think the only thing everyone agrees with is that Jim is a big guy.

-Michael

Shaman

This stuff was old five minutes after it happened...well maybe six...but not more than seven thats for sure....:snore:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
objr said:
This stuff was old five minutes after it happened...well maybe six...but not more than seven thats for sure....:snore:

I think it was old before Jim got back to his car..........just my opine.

Tim G

askmike1 said:
[sarcastic]Jim was waiting for 3 people who were 15 minutes late. 3 women come up to Jim and ask him "Is this the tour?" They were not specific in what tour and Jim did not want to delay the tour any longer. -Michael
And that all happened while you were standing beside Mr. Jim Hill... :lol:

BTW... please keep it civilized guys...

Greetz! :D

AEfx

askmike1 said:
AEfx said:
They certainly are different. "Mouse Fest" is a community effort and no one is charging directly for a service that is otherwise available at Disneyland.
Taken directly from Mouseplanet
Quote:
How do I register? When the registration period is open, we provide a link at the top of this page. We accept Visa and Mastercard; if an alternate form of payment is needed, contact Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix to discuss options.

AEfx said:
They get off the ride and hear Jim Hill standing in front of it telling people how it almost was a much more intricate, expensive ride but they missed out and will never see it because of budget cuts.
You make it sound like he's standing on Sleeping Beauty Castle talking over the PA system. He's talking to a group of people in the same tone that other people would talk to their family on vacation. I don't want to hear some mom yelling at her kid, but do I complain about it? No.

-Michael

Hehe, Michael, what are you talking about?

MouseFest takes credit cards. Where exactly did I argue that? I never said they didn't charge. I'm sorry you can't see the distinction between Jim Hill charging for tours and Mouse Fest charging for organizational costs, but let me try one more time. (Oh, and the volume of his voice? Yelling children? What do these have to do with negative remarks about Disney? :confused: LOL.)

As I very clearly stated in the quote you very nicely used of mine above, MouseFest is not providing a service that is already available in a comparable form at Disneyland.

One product Disney sells is tours. Do you not see the logic in them not wanting someone else to sell tours of their property since they sell them as well?

As Disney said in their release : "You wouldn't go to a ball game and start selling hot dogs, and not expect the ball park to ask you to stop."

A little later, the Disney rep said, in regards to tour groups, etc. : "That's a totally different thing. It's comparing apples and oranges. Those groups, mostly international visitors, don't duplicate the Disneyland tours. They have guides who are simply leading them from point A to point B."

Gee, sounds an awful lot like what I've been saying for the last few days, doesn't it? And, no matter your opinion, it is undeniable that the law is on the side of Disney.

Just like when I enjoy checking out the tabloids at the checkout counter, I also have to say I enjoy hearing one of the celebrities that are the target of said tabloids fighting back once in awhile and kicking some paparazzi or legal behind.

Hence my interest in this topic. ;)

AEfx

LMA!Fan

I just want to know if any non-Disney tour is now banned, does it mean I can start going to Guest Relations to complain about the Brazilians who tour Disney World like they own the place, trample planter, child, and fellow tourist en route, and generally behave like the park if thier own little extension of their backyard?

And if I do, will that make them go away?

Additionally, I'm not clear on one point: If Jim got together with his "friends" to tour the park and wasn't charging anyone, how could Disney put a stop to it? I walk around the park with friends all the time, and I share stories I've read on the various disney sites, as well as my own experiences, and they certainly aren't all Disney-sanctioned. I am sure security couldn't put a stop to it, so if Jim said, "To all my friends who buy the CD tour, meet me at Disneyland/World at XX:XX and we'll "hang out" and listen to the CD tour as we stroll..."

Silly Disney...

Testtrack321

LMA!Fan said:
I just want to know if any non-Disney tour is now banned, does it mean I can start going to Guest Relations to complain about the Brazilians who tour Disney World like they own the place, trample planter, child, and fellow tourist en route, and generally behave like the park if thier own little extension of their backyard?

And if I do, will that make them go away?

Additionally, I'm not clear on one point: If Jim got together with his "friends" to tour the park and wasn't charging anyone, how could Disney put a stop to it? I walk around the park with friends all the time, and I share stories I've read on the various disney sites, as well as my own experiences, and they certainly aren't all Disney-sanctioned. I am sure security couldn't put a stop to it, so if Jim said, "To all my friends who buy the CD tour, meet me at Disneyland/World at XX:XX and we'll "hang out" and listen to the CD tour as we stroll..."

Silly Disney...

Just say they were saying bad things about Disney and they will....

Here's the point guys. Jim was wrong on going there and conducting business, simple as that. But when you run unoffical tours, like Brazillians, you make sure you point out THIS ISN'T the offical tour you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom