Jetblue sucks.

the1nonlysinger

So, I just have to vent for a second. We are 51 days out from our trip- and JetBlue emails/calls yesterday to say that they've cancelled our flights and rebooked us on different ones instead.

Now this may not seem like a huge inconvenience BUT this is the 2nd time they have done this to us- our last trip out, they totally screwed up our plans then too. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for this trip, figuring they wouldn't do it to us again. Well I was wrong...

We had paid an extra $60 to have direct flights on JetBlue rather than Airtran because they had better flight times. Now we have layovers going both directions- and so a 3 hour flight just became 5 hours instead. The worse part is that now it would cost us MORE to switch back to Airtran. GRRRRR! :mad:

PLUS, I have major motion sickness issues (which I medicate for but it's still a pain!) so we really wanted the shortest flight possible.

So I've just had a rotten experience with JetBlue and I would say- if you're trip planning and haven't decided on your airline yet- be prepared that JetBlue may cancel your flight.

(Disclaimer- I know that plenty of you have probably had positive, even awesome experiences with JetBlue- so I'm not arguing the integrity of the company or the service they provide. Just venting and encouraging others not to make the same mistake of assuming that once you book a flight it will actually happen.)

<end rant>

The Mom

Premium Member
We were returning from Europe, catching a connecting flight in JFK on Jetblue a Saturday afternoon, when it was cancelled. (They had emailed our home that morning - while we were in flight.) The next flight they could get us on was the following Tuesday!

They gave us no help, our neighbor went on line to get us another flight on Delta, but I tripped running to catch it and broke all of my top front teeth, so we had to spend the night, and catch another flight out of Newark the next day.

Thank you Jetblue for screwing up.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We flew JetBlue for the very first time this past Aug...changed our flights 3 times from bookimg until flight date....we were lucky to the fact time only chagned never fully cancelled and rebooked....but we had plane issues day of flight and ended up being delayed 5 hours...putting us in MCO after 10pm so everyone on flight with yellow tags had to get their own bags. Come to find out this same exact flight at the exact same gate had the same exact issues the Saturday before.....UGH. We did get free oneway ticket out of the delay...well from the paper work we were given at the gate we were intitleed to a free one way...but were only issued a $50 credit...seems the paper work was outdated at the gate but i made them honor it...so when i am faced at having to travel Jetblue again to get the free flight.....dont really want to but its $415....that will reduce next year flight cost by HALF.....what to do...take the chage and pay half or go back to old SOUTHWEST.......

Upvote 0

belle_1022

We've had bad luck a couple of times. I was one of those people in 2004 who was stranded at JFK during the BIG SNOWSTORM.

We had been flying AirTran out of Westchester County Airport until they cancelled all but 1 NON-STOP to Orlando every day (All others connected in Atlanta). AirTran were the ones that kept changing our flights and cancelling. Then they would rebook us on ridiculous flights. We were just so fed up.

So we switched to JetBlue. We've had time changes but NO flight cancellations so far - KNOCK ON WOOD! We leave on Saturday with the family (all 9 of us) so I have to say WATCH OUT JETBLUE! This could be a fiasco or a really pleasant flight!

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You know what sucks about Jetblue. Their new Trueblue Program, they have made it impossible to accrue enough points to fly at any reasonably busy time. Its a crime.

However, we are flying JetBlue in Nov, using up the last of our points then bailing for good. I am praying to god that they do not cancel my flight, as there is less then 1 third of the flight booked at the moment.

Upvote 0

geubux

What did you expect? Cheap AND first class service? Pick a lane buddy.

And the topper: You got screwed before YET you went back!!1

You must LOVE being walked on.

Next time, pay for top service.:lol:

Upvote 0

TomHendricks

You know what sucks about Jetblue. Their new Trueblue Program, they have made it impossible to accrue enough points to fly at any reasonably busy time. Its a crime.

This I totally agree with. We racked up free flights with the old system, now not at all. We even have the Jetblue AE card, but still takes forever now to get a free flight.

Upvote 0

disneyny

After that last post I just had to comment! First of all no flight is cheap anymore. They are all expensive and not everyone has the luxury that you must have to be able to afford to pay for even more expensive flights. Secondly, what you pay does not mean that you should get any less than what you pay for. If you pay for a flight you expect good service etc. It is an attitude like some people have here that lets the airlines get away with these things. We shouldn't have to just "suck it up" and deal with it because that is what all airlines do. When it happens to you it stinks. Period. Until people do start complaining and not just accepting this as standard practice, nothing will change. Customer service has gone so far downhill! I think the op has every right to vent. They didn't post for people to start attacking them. Sometimes the negativity on these boards blows my mind as aren't these for people who enjoy the happiest place on earth? Have some compassion for people who have planned every detail of a trip and then get their parade rained on. In

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We were returning from Europe, catching a connecting flight in JFK on Jetblue a Saturday afternoon, when it was cancelled. (They had emailed our home that morning - while we were in flight.) The next flight they could get us on was the following Tuesday!

They gave us no help, our neighbor went on line to get us another flight on Delta, but I tripped running to catch it and broke all of my top front teeth, so we had to spend the night, and catch another flight out of Newark the next day.

Thank you Jetblue for screwing up.

Okay, Mom. You win. The only other nightmare airline/airport story I've ever heard that can compete was a friend of ours 4 or so years ago. She was 4 or 5 months pregnant and out of town on business. Her return flight got changed last minute and was trying to hustle to get to the right gate so she wouldn't miss it. She's a very physically fit lady so it wasn't a big deal...until a toddler ran out in front of her out of nowhere and tripped her. To avoid a belly-flop she went down with full force onto 1 knee. The knee was shot after that. She spent the rest of her pregnancy laid up at home. And she already had a toddler of her own to chase after, too. Once the baby came (nice & healthy) she was able to have surgery on the bum knee. Of course, it'll never be the same but at least she can function now.

What did you expect? Cheap AND first class service? Pick a lane buddy.

And the topper: You got screwed before YET you went back!!1

You must LOVE being walked on.

Next time, pay for top service.:lol:

Few problems with this statement:

1. Who p!$$ed in your Cheerios? Why the mean spirit? What was said that personally offended YOU? Or do you make it a habit to treat people you don't know this way?

2. It is absolutely NOT an unreasonable expectation to get the flight that you paid for when you purchase your ticket. We don't set the flight schedules or prices. The airlines do. If they sell you a ticket for a specified time/date/duration then it's not unreasonable to expect them to deliver on that regardless of the price.

3. I guess if you pay for first class that plane is guaranteed not to have any changes or cancellations, right? Wrong! The difference is people who bought the cheap seats on the rescheduled or cancelled flight got screwed for a lot less money than the big spenders did. :D

Upvote 0

mcstensrud

Even if you get everything fiqured out 50 days out, Alot can change between now and then.Be prepared to do this all over again.

Fortunately JET BLUE tries their best to get you the same seats.DELTA is a free for all even if they change the time by 1 minute.

I check my flights almost every day(I know)and when I notice something wrong I call ASAP.I don't wait for them to notify me.By Then its too late.

Good Luck,sometimes you have to bend a little.:)

Upvote 0

googilycub

That is the joy of airline deregulation....

Remember the day when they had to put on a flight for even 1 person if they overbooked!!!

My first class Delta flight from MCO to Boston was changed from non-stop to direct with an aircraft change in Atlanta on the return trip this coming Dec 14th.

The final leg Atlanta to Boston will be business class getting in at midnight instead of 10:pM

While the service of airlines have gone downhill since before deregulation, so has the price, so one has to decide if it is good or not. Before dereg, airline travel was really only for the well off, not like it is today. As for Jetblue, my wife had a bad time with them the one time she flew on them, it was bad enough that she would not fly them again. I guess it really doesn't matter since they don't really try to offer much service to the midwest anyway.:shrug:

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Okay, Mom. You win. The only other nightmare airline/airport story I've ever heard that can compete was a friend of ours 4 or so years ago. She was 4 or 5 months pregnant and out of town on business. Her return flight got changed last minute and was trying to hustle to get to the right gate so she wouldn't miss it. She's a very physically fit lady so it wasn't a big deal...until a toddler ran out in front of her out of nowhere and tripped her. To avoid a belly-flop she went down with full force onto 1 knee. The knee was shot after that. She spent the rest of her pregnancy laid up at home. And she already had a toddler of her own to chase after, too. Once the baby came (nice & healthy) she was able to have surgery on the bum knee. Of course, it'll never be the same but at least she can function now.

Yeah, I think Mom wins with that one.

Mine was not qute as bad.

I was traveling on business and had a 5:00 PM flight out of Regan into Newark (where my car was parked)

I get to the airport, get my boarding pass, wait in the security line, get through, and head to my gate.

I get to the gate and see "CANCELLED" - how is that possible, I just checked in? I check with another gate agent, and they cancelled the flight while I was waiting in the security line.

So it's all the way back to the ticketing desk. "So, can you put me on the next flight into Newark?" "That was the last flight for today." "OK, what other airline is flying into Newark" "None" - crap.

Then they offer me a train ticket in exchange for my airline ticket.
Me - "This train ticket says $110"
"That's right, it's an even exchange"
"But I paid $160 for this plane ticket"
"That may be so, but it's only worth $110, so it's an even exchange"
"! If it is only worth $110, why did I pay $160 for it"
"Because that's what it was worth then, now it's $110"
I gave up arguing after 15 minutes because my company had paid for it anyway.

So now I get my train ticket. Now I have to find a bus from Regan Airport to the Amtrak Station. Then I have to wait for the Train. Then I make the long train ride in to Newark Penn Station. Of course the Train does not pull into the Airport (where my car still is) so I have to transfer over to the AirTrain to Newark Airport - where I then have to transfer to the Airport Monorail to get out to the parking deck my car is in.

I got home at around 2:00 AM

Wheee.

-dave

Upvote 0

DecWDW

The whole flight thing is the most nerve wracking part about vacations to WDW for me. I haven't flown with JetBlue in years, but it was ok then. This year and last year, I flew Delta. Last year I was constantly getting emails about flight time changes. Nothing major, but still it made you wonder. So far this year, I've only gotten one. I still have 45 days to go though.
Even if someone got on the forum to vent, but took no action, what's wrong with that? Sometimes you have to blow off steam and with like-minded people. Although, I do see that there are many non like-minded people here. Who knew?

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

So, I just have to vent for a second. We are 51 days out from our trip- and JetBlue emails/calls yesterday to say that they've cancelled our flights and rebooked us on different ones instead.

Now this may not seem like a huge inconvenience BUT this is the 2nd time they have done this to us- our last trip out, they totally screwed up our plans then too. I gave them the benefit of the doubt for this trip, figuring they wouldn't do it to us again. Well I was wrong...

We had paid an extra $60 to have direct flights on JetBlue rather than Airtran because they had better flight times. Now we have layovers going both directions- and so a 3 hour flight just became 5 hours instead. The worse part is that now it would cost us MORE to switch back to Airtran. GRRRRR! :mad:

PLUS, I have major motion sickness issues (which I medicate for but it's still a pain!) so we really wanted the shortest flight possible.

So I've just had a rotten experience with JetBlue and I would say- if you're trip planning and haven't decided on your airline yet- be prepared that JetBlue may cancel your flight.

(Disclaimer- I know that plenty of you have probably had positive, even awesome experiences with JetBlue- so I'm not arguing the integrity of the company or the service they provide. Just venting and encouraging others not to make the same mistake of assuming that once you book a flight it will actually happen.)

<end rant>

Let me tell you the reverse happened to us last time we went to WDW. We booked Airtran and then they pulled out of the airport we were flying to and refused to give us our money back and wanted to just change our departing airport. This new airport was another hour for us to travel to and the parking rates were insane. I called and had tried to talk nice and then had to throw some threats until they decided to refund my money and went with Jet Blue. The flight was great!
We all have our good times and bad!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Did anyone else here every fly Midway Airlines when they were still in business? They were an all-business class airline w/big leather seats, nice services, etc. They flew a fleet of just CRJ600's and 737's. We flew with them going to/from Reagan National in like '98 or '99 and loooooved it. The boys were just little squirts. Best airline I ever flew on by leaps & bounds. We would never have flown with them if they were overpriced. Hubby says the tickets were comparable in price to coach seats on other airlines. If I remember right, they sold out to USAir. Shame. That was one kick-butt airline.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom