News Jessica Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

DavidDL

Beyond the subject of the actual changes, I think it's absolutely fascinating that we are getting daily updates from Toontown.

No kidding. Aside from Car Toon Spin, the land has felt like a husk of its former self for quite some time. I remember loving Toon Town as a kid (before everything got closed off and was left to rot) but my trips back there got less and less frequent as the land started to become more and more neglected. Honestly, there'd be times where I'd even forget it was an option while in Disneyland.

In spite of what changes may or may not be coming Roger's way, I am just excited at the prospect of Toon Town potentially (-and finally) getting the refresh it's been begging for in preparation for Runaway Railway. It would be nice to know a new generation of children would be able to make the kinds of memories I was lucky enough to have back there in one way or another.

The Aracuan Bird

Looks like they've removed the attraction marquee and replaced it with a temporary, flat one. I wonder if this means a name change or an updated marquee to feature Jessica along with Roger? Will be interesting to see what happens.

View attachment 587558
I’d imagine the latter? If it was getting a name change, they’d just make a new sign. Disney’s cheap, but they aren’t going to cut and tape stuff together.

Edit: Or maybe they’re renaming it “Roger and Jessica’s Car Toon Spin” to tie it closer to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. That could reuse about 75% of the current sign.

Figments Friend

Egad, is that flat version of the former Attraction sign for real?
Looks Photoshopped ....and badly.

The representation of Roger looks nothing like him and is completely off model.
Like some 20 year old who attempted to draw him in Windows Paint that never saw the film or bothered using a still photo reference.

Why would they remove the original sculpted sign now, and replace it with this poorly rendered flat version?
Why waste the time and money to make a 'flat' when the original could just remain hanging until the time came to replace it with the proposed new sign for the Attraction?

This really has been dumb founded.
Makes no sense.

-

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Egad, is that flat version of the former Attraction sign for real?
Looks Photoshopped ....and badly.

The representation of Roger looks nothing like him and is completely off model.
Like some 20 year old who attempted to draw him in Windows Paint that never saw the film or bothered using a still photo reference.

Why would they remove the original sculpted sign now, and replace it with this poorly rendered flat version?
Why waste the time and money to make a 'flat' when the original could just remain hanging until the time came to replace it with the proposed new sign for the Attraction?

This really has been dumb founded.
Makes no sense.

-
My guess is it’s more cost effective to recycle elements of the old sign which they needed to take the sign down to do.

Screw show, as we saw with the demolition of the buildings mid-day.

Figments Friend

My guess is it’s more cost effective to recycle elements of the old sign which they needed to take the sign down to do.

Screw show, as we saw with the demolition of the buildings mid-day.

Ah, yes...that is possible if need be.
I didn't even consider that, but it makes sense.

If that is what is being done, then it seems to me to be a very 'cheap' move.
Most Attractions receive all new marquee signage if a re-do is done...but this is 2021 'Disney'.
Nothing should surprise me at this point.

Although the un-nessariness of changing 'Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin' was indeed one surprise I wasn't expecting.
Still can't believe this is actually happening.
Just feels like some kind of bad joke....

-

MoonRakerSCM

I've been wondering the whole time if we may get an homage to the never built Crime-Stoppers attraction.

That way they can feign appreciation for Disney history while shovelling their crap.

Or hell, just go all out and call it Jessica Rabbit's Immersive Crime Ride.

Robbiem

If Disney are that concerned replace Roger with another character like Donald Duck or Goofy. You’d need minimal mods as most of the ride is set in ‘classic toon‘ world. Wacky toontown ride caused by Donald spilling something which makes us spin through toontown could work

Brer Panther

If Disney are that concerned replace Roger with another character like Donald Duck or Goofy. You’d need minimal mods as most of the ride is set in ‘classic toon‘ world. Wacky toontown ride caused by Donald spilling something which makes us spin through toontown could work
That'd likely be redundant with them building Crack Addict Goofy's Train Ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom