News Jessica Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Disney Analyst

The fact that you re ok with them being gone is subjective. What replaced them being a downgrade is very much objective for POTC and Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit is lateral for me. No big. Not much difference.

POTC change is good intentioned, and the AA / scene is good. Dialogue not succesful, but doesn't change the ride for me in any significant way. Bigger issue is Sparrow.

Jungle Cruise updates are great.

Splash Mountain updates necessary and should be great, if they really do it properly. Seems like the delay means they are taking their time to get it right.

MoonRakerSCM

As has been pointed out, the placement of the 'stop' figure is nonsensical. She is half hazardly shoved in the side of the scene facing in a random direction with no purpose other than simply holding her hand out. The person (s) who did this had no concept of the overall scene as it is presented to the guest.

This is what happens when people change things for the wrong reasons. They're not thinking about a story, A scene, or presentation to the guest.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
It's not offensive.

All of them are debatable. They're all subjective.
First you say as a matter of fact that it's not offensive, which in itself offensiveness is subjective, then turn around and say the changes are all subjective.

The biggest problem with contrarianism is that it makes your arguments go all over the place like you're chasing a squirrel.

RobWDW1971

First you say as a matter of fact that it's not offensive, which in itself offensiveness is subjective, then turn around and say the changes are all subjective.

The biggest problem with contrarianism is that it makes your arguments go all over the place like you're chasing a squirrel.
Only ONE of the following groups are offended by Jessica Rabbit:

A) Men
B) Children
C) Sexy women
D) Ugly women

Just sayin'.

el_super

It's not offensive. It's a theme park ride. Not a very popular one at that. Yes that's my opinion.

It's not a fact at all that all of the changes have been downgrades. That is definitely subjective. That's not my opinion, that is a fact.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Jessica Rabbit is lateral for me. No big. Not much difference.

POTC change is good intentioned, and the AA / scene is good. Dialogue not succesful, but doesn't change the ride for me in any significant way. Bigger issue is Sparrow.

Jungle Cruise updates are great.

Splash Mountain updates necessary and should be great, if they really do it properly. Seems like the delay means they are taking their time to get it right.
I agree with most of these except #2. Both the inclusion of Sparrow and Redd change the tone of the ride taking the Pirates from dastardly villains (as eloquently set up/foreshadowed in the first half of the ride) to light-hearted, more harmless anti-heroes.

I personally don’t mind the changes to Roger Rabbit since it’s literally a spinning blacklit dark ride. But I do find it interesting given how “minor” TWDC and WDI thought it important enough to create a committee and devote resources to study and correct the issue, hence the discussion here. I simply am pointing out despite the time and resources spent it’s interesting that from an academic and cultural standpoint that this change is still “questionable”, as it *could* also be deemed equally offensive for a different reason entirely. No hyperbole, just reasonable speculation based on trends.

I agree on Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. When done correctly both are candidates for upgrades as the source material doesn’t age well. Though these are subjective as well.

Brer Panther

Just watched the video, the only notable addition was Jessica given new dialogue ("You won't get away with this")
I could've sworn Jessica's line of dialogue in that scene was always part of the ride.
It's not offensive. It's a theme park ride.
So are Splash Mountain and the Jungle Cruise, but that hasn't stopped people from complaining about 'em. Just saying.

Disney Analyst

I agree with most of these except #2. Both the inclusion of Sparrow and Redd change the tone of the ride taking the Pirates from dastardly villains (as eloquently set up/foreshadowed in the first half of the ride) to light-hearted, more harmless anti-heroes.

I personally don’t mind the changes to Roger Rabbit since it’s literally a spinning blacklit dark ride. But I do find it interesting given how “minor” TWDC and WDI thought it important enough to create a committee and devote resources to study and correct the issue, hence the discussion here. I simply am pointing out despite the time and resources spent it’s interesting that from an academic and cultural standpoint that this change is still “questionable”, as it *could* also be deemed equally offensive for a different reason entirely. No hyperbole, just reasonable speculation based on trends.

I agree on Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. When done correctly both are candidates for upgrades as the source material doesn’t age well. Though these are subjective as well.

I am personally fine with the new redhead scene. Again, I would just hire a better script writer and rework that aspect, the bones are fine.

Sparrow is an issue for me, and I would like them to remove the references to the movie.

mickEblu

I am personally fine with the new redhead scene. Again, I would just hire a better script writer and rework that aspect, the bones are fine.

Sparrow is an issue for me, and I would like them to remove the references to the movie.

Wouldn’t the dialogue be a good portion of the “bones?” I understand they re not literally but you can’t enjoy that scene at all with the current dialogue so experimentally the dialogue is the bones. Or at least part of the Bones. The voice acting isn’t great either.

Disney Analyst

Wouldn’t the dialogue be a good portion of the “bones?” I understand they re not literally but you can’t enjoy that scene at all with the current dialogue so experimentally the dialogue is the bones. Or at least part of the Bones. The voice acting isn’t great either.

That could all theoretically be easily fixed.

Making the Red Head a character with agency, a pirate, and removing the auctioning of people... isn't the bad part.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That could all theoretically be easily fixed.

Making the Red Head a character with agency, a pirate, and removing the auctioning of people... isn't the bad part.

So what would you call this new "attraction" ? Adventures of socially inept alcoholic vacationers who dress poorly in the Caribbean?

We could put a donation box in front for those who believe it would prove thier contrition.

el_super

So are Splash Mountain and the Jungle Cruise, but that hasn't stopped people from complaining about 'em. Just saying.

Splash and Jungle Cruise are just theme park rides, and you're right, in the grand scheme of things I am not at all bothered by their existance.

That door has to swing both ways though, for one to be consistent. If you want to make the case that they are just inoffensive fun, and so trivial as to not be taken seriously, then you have to also accept that their removal should not be that offensive either.

Being offended at the content of a ride, sort of proves the validity of the decision making that went into changing it in the first place.

Brer Panther

Splash and Jungle Cruise are just theme park rides, and you're right, in the grand scheme of things I am not at all bothered by their existance.

That door has to swing both ways though, for one to be consistent. If you want to make the case that they are just inoffensive fun, and so trivial as to not be taken seriously, then you have to also accept that their removal should not be that offensive either.

Being offended at the content of a ride, sort of proves the validity of the decision making that went into changing it in the first place.
Hey, I do understand why people are offended by the headhunters and am okay with them and the other problematic stuff in the Jungle Cruise being removed. I just wish the replacements weren't just the same "lol monkeys" gag three times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom