Jaws closing?

CoasterKing

So sad indeed!! :cry: I really enjoy the rides with the human interaction. Seems like they (Universal and Disney) won't be happy till everything is automated and the human element is out of the equation.

If Diagon Alley is replacing Jaws, what would be the major attraction?? Also, if a Hogwarts Express train did connect the two parks, wouldn't it probably arrive at the back of Hogwarts Castle? This would be odd, with the static Hogwarts Train already at the entance to Hogsmeade.

Oh well, RIP Jaws, The Ride !! We had many good times!! :wave:

CoasterKing
:king:

Pioneer Hall

So sad indeed!! :cry: I really enjoy the rides with the human interaction. Seems like they (Universal and Disney) won't be happy till everything is automated and the human element is out of the equation.

If Diagon Alley is replacing Jaws, what would be the major attraction?? Also, if a Hogwarts Express train did connect the two parks, wouldn't it probably arrive at the back of Hogwarts Castle? This would be odd, with the static Hogwarts Train already at the entance to Hogsmeade.

Oh well, RIP Jaws, The Ride !! We had many good times!! :wave:

CoasterKing

Rumors have mentioned a Gringott's attraction through the vaults as you saw in the last movie. It would definitely create the kind of adventure they are looking for and would fit in Diagon Alley.

CoasterKing

Rumors have mentioned a Gringott's attraction through the vaults as you saw in the last movie. It would definitely create the kind of adventure they are looking for and would fit in Diagon Alley.

Yes, that could turn into a very nice attraction indeed, if done properly. And I'm sure Ms. Rowling would not allow anything but the best.

CoasterKing

There will not be a train that connects you from both parks. Waterworld would be going in that spot before a train that connects the two parks happens.

EvanAnderson

rumor is there will be a hogwarts express. connecting the two parks.

This is not possible. There are too many backstage service buildings and roads that are vital to the parks operation that would have to be moved or torn down. Plus, Team Members and service vehicles drive/walk all over back there. Even with "themed window screens", it would not work, plus both parks would have install extra turnstiles.

I'm not targeting you, I've just noticed it come up a lot by other posters as well.

Potter 2.0 makes a lot of sense. Guests now have to buy a 2 park ticket, they can market the Resort as having "Two Harry Potter Parks!" and it'll even the crowd flow out between the 2 parks.

dxwwf3

Personally I was thrilled with this news. I always thought that Jaws, Kongfrontation and Earthquake were all extremely overrated (while ET Adventure was a bit underrated) and I always disliked walking through the Amity area too.

I am hoping for an expanded King Kong 360 similar to what USH got, but on a larger scale. But really anything should be better than Jaws, IMO.

Scuttle

I hate to say it, but the original park is beginning to suffer from Epcotitis. Ghostbusters, King Kong, Back To The Future, and now Jaws. The first 3 all replaced by rides/attractions not as good as it's predecessor (though Mummy is awesome.)

If there is any truth to this land becoming more Harry Potter, I'll be ed. Enough Potter already. There's plenty of room at IoA to expand. The Lost Continent is a complete waste of space as is right now. And if they build an entire land for Transformers, I'll never step foot in the park.:mad:

Obviously, Universal knows what's going there. Instead of ing people off by closing Jaws, let us know what you're replacing it with and ease the sting. Common sense.
You forgot to add Earthquake to the Epcotitus list.

Bairstow

You wouldn't consider Disaster to be a wholesale upgrade of Earthquake?
I don't like particularly like The Simpsons, but The Simpsons Ride was a much-needed update for Back to the Future.

Sorcerer Mickey

The water is staying.

madagascar.jpg

dxwwf3

As glad as I am to see Jaws leaving, I would be very disappointed to see a clone of the Madagascar ride from Singapore in that spot. Kong, Transformers, or another major property please.

JT3000

As glad as I am to see Jaws leaving, I would be very disappointed to see a clone of the Madagascar ride from Singapore in that spot. Kong, Transformers, or another major property please.

King Kong 360 was specially made for the tram tour. It isn't fit to be a standalone attraction. The format is all wrong. Transformers is the same exact type of ride as Spider-Man, and Thierry Coup already confirmed we aren't getting it.

As for the Potter speculation... completely outlandish.

Thrill Seeker

My guess is one of two things will replace Jaws: Harry Potter Expansion or Transformers. To add to the Harry Potter rumor, Screamscape posted yesterday that construction walls could go up as soon as early next year on Phase 2. Then, Universal announces the sudden closure of Jaws in January... I'm not sure that's purely coincidental...

Transformers is another good bet though. The one in California is inside a rather large building. The entire area of Amety would work for a huge show building and maybe some surrounding shops and stalls themed to Transformers. Unlike Disney, Universal isn't afraid to use the same ride system in both of it's parks (see Cat in the Hat and MIB), so Transformers could be another major E-ticket to add to USF.

P.S. The old Hard Rock Cafe is right behind Kids Zone, so I seriously doubt Transformers would go there... Just sayin'...

dave&di

Original Poster
My guess is one of two things will replace Jaws: Harry Potter Expansion or Transformers. To add to the Harry Potter rumor, Screamscape posted yesterday that construction walls could go up as soon as early next year on Phase 2. Then, Universal announces the sudden closure of Jaws in January... I'm not sure that's purely coincidental...

Transformers is another good bet though. The one in California is inside a rather large building. The entire area of Amety would work for a huge show building and maybe some surrounding shops and stalls themed to Transformers. Unlike Disney, Universal isn't afraid to use the same ride system in both of it's parks (see Cat in the Hat and MIB), so Transformers could be another major E-ticket to add to USF.

P.S. The old Hard Rock Cafe is right behind Kids Zone, so I seriously doubt Transformers would go there... Just sayin'...

Thierry Coup has apparently said it's not Transformers.

kcnole

If they bring the Madagascar land to the park that will definitely help ease the sting more than splitting up Potter would. I loved Madagascar in Singapore and UO definitely needs more family friendly rides. How has it been a disaster?

AswaySuller

It really really annoys me that the Hard rock cafe has lay dormant for years and they do nothing with that land, there's also land behind MIB and where the old Psycho house used to be.... yet they do NOTHING there. Yet they replace these classic icons....

Universal used to be the king studio in terms of movie making, producing the classics that we all know and love.... they seem to replace them with these current fads that are NOT classics IMO... despicable me is not a classic IMO .... in peoples hearts BTTF will out live The Simpsons.
Jaws will out live potter.

Having said this... I trust USF, they've done a pretty good job on their upgrades and ride changes... Mummy is fantastic, Shrek is amazing I even like Simpsons which replaced my beloved BTTF.....

All I'm saying is it better be good....

And can the people that shoot people down by saying "it isn't transformers" so abruptly care to share what is going there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom