Jasmine's new look

oceanbreeze77

Whatever Phillip wears in the parade is spot on, and Disney should definitely not be messing with that outfit.
The new Princess outfits have been a mixed bag. Aurora and Cinderella are the only two I think are improvements. The rest are pretty awful.
Please don't touch snow white. Please don't touch snow white. PLEASE DONT TOUCH SNOW WHITE.

dgp602

Her costume was bound to change, I guess. For multiple reasons. Some misguided reasons, some which I can agree with.

My biggest problem is that if you dress a young adult in something that the character they're portraying hasn't worn before... are they that character? What makes that person Jasmine? The fact that they're of the same ethnicity, and, well, are wearing blue and gold clothing?

And as for someone not too familiar with Jasmine and Disney princesses in general, would they recognize her? How much more difficult is it now for a young child to recognize and identify that park character? When they look back in pictures 50 years from now, will it be harder to tell who that is?

I really don't know. I'm not a young child, I'm too familiar with the characters, and I don't know how the characters are marketed and such today. And I don't know how popular Jasmine will be in 50 years. I just wonder.
Why was it bound to change? What am I missing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom