Jared Leto confirms new Tron movie!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Slightly missed my general point here.
Again I was just asking the question. Can't speak for anyone else, but I guess I did miss your point.

I could take a stab at it, but that would be assuming, and that is what I did previously. So what exactly was your point?

Last edited:

Tony Perkis

Again I was just asking the question. Can't speak for anyone else, but I guess I did miss your point.

I could take a stab at it, but that would be assuming, and that is what I did previously. So what exactly was your point?
That Jared Leto is involved, not the actual confirmation itself.

Tony Perkis

Honestly maybe I'm just dense today, but still don't get the point you're trying to make.

This is the same Jared Leto lead Tron film that has been rumored for years. Its just now confirmed.
The joke being that I would have liked almost literally anybody else to confirm the film. Meaning they’re in the film, and not Leto.

It’s an extension of what has been said a few times in this thread thus far.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The joke being that I would have liked almost literally anybody else to confirm the film. Meaning they’re in the film, and not Leto.

It’s an extension of what has been said a few times in this thread thus far.
Got it, sorry for not getting that originally. I guess I don't have an issue with Jared Leto, but I can see why some do. Honestly I rather have a continuation of the second film as there were interesting possibilities on where the story would go. But I can also see why some didn't like it. Anyways we'll see what happens with this one and what story they come up with.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"A new installment of Tron is coming back online. The Dish hears that Disney is in early negotiations to set Joachim Rønning to direct Jared Leto in Tron Ares. The film is crewing up, eyeing an August start date in Vancouver.

Deals aren’t complete yet, but this would mark the fourth collaboration between Disney and the Norwegian filmmaker who helmed Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. He has wrapped for the studio the Daisy Ridley-starrer Young Woman and the Sea, about the daring journey of Gertrude Ederle, a New York teen who became the first woman to swim across the English Channel. Jeff Nathanson scripted it and Jerry Bruckheimer produces with him."

"The Tron: Ares script is by Jesse Wigutow and is considered the sequel to Tron: Legacy, which was directed by Joe Kosinski (Top Gun: Maverick).

Sean Bailey and Sam Dickerman are the execs.

The producers are Justin Springer (Tron Legacy), Leto, Jeffrey Silver, and Leto’s Paradox partner Emma Ludbrook."

Full article below -

Surferboy567

"A new installment of Tron is coming back online. The Dish hears that Disney is in early negotiations to set Joachim Rønning to direct Jared Leto in Tron Ares. The film is crewing up, eyeing an August start date in Vancouver.

Deals aren’t complete yet, but this would mark the fourth collaboration between Disney and the Norwegian filmmaker who helmed Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. He has wrapped for the studio the Daisy Ridley-starrer Young Woman and the Sea, about the daring journey of Gertrude Ederle, a New York teen who became the first woman to swim across the English Channel. Jeff Nathanson scripted it and Jerry Bruckheimer produces with him."

"The Tron: Ares script is by Jesse Wigutow and is considered the sequel to Tron: Legacy, which was directed by Joe Kosinski (Top Gun: Maverick).

The producers are Justin Springer (Tron Legacy), Leto, Jeffrey Silver, and Leto’s Paradox partner Emma Ludbrook."

Full article below -

On one hand I’m thrilled, I absolutely love TRON Legacy. The issue is I wanted a sequel to TRON Legacy with the original cast. I’m interested in new stories in the Grid as well.

I just don’t know if I want it to be a vehicle for Jared Leto. I also wanted Joseph Kosinski to return.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Full article below -

It's Tronin' time!!!

Phroobar

So because Top Gun Maverick did so well, Joseph Kosinski get's his wish for Tron 3. Good! We need a new movie to go with the rides.

End of Line

lazyboy97o

Are you thinking of Cillian Murphy? I was so looking forward to him being the villain in the next film but guessing that storyline is gone. :/
It is somewhat surprising that they’re still going with Leto and did not try to get Kosinski back. I may be way off since I don’t follow that closely, but my impression is that Leto is known for being eccentric (at best if not problematic to work with) and since that attracts attentions it’s just been assumed that he is a box office draw.

Kosinski on the other hand very much defined the contemporary look of TRON and just directed a huge hit.

Screamface

Jared Leto was introduced in the last movie as a future bad guy to Flynn.

I don't recall this, so I went to the wiki for Tron Legacy and the only trace I could find revolved around a new character.
However, during a 2017 Q&A session with Joseph Kosinski, he revealed that Tron 3 had not been scrapped, instead saying it was in "cryogenic freeze."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Still on... but still in development...

"Yeah, I'm a producer on whatever the upcoming film becomes, and hopefully we'll get to make it one day soon, but we're still in development on it," Springer said. "And there's not much that I can say about that just because we want to get everything in order and we want to make sure we have a movie that feels like it meets the ambition of the things that have come before it. So I would love to do it. And I think now the ideas that we've explored in Tron and where you would imagine those ideas evolving to are more relevant than they've ever been. So it feels like the right time. And there's a giant ride here now, and there's one in Shanghai, but we have to get it right. We have to get the story and we have to get the team right. And so there's still stuff to do before we have much to say about the movie."​

DCBaker

Premium Member
Evan Peters has reportedly joined the cast of Tron: Ares.

"Welcome to the Grid, Evan Peters.

The actor, who generated acclaim for his portrayal of the title character in Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, has closed a deal to star opposite Jared Leto in Tron: Ares, the third installment of Disney’s technology-pushing movie series."

Full article below.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom