Jared Leto confirms new Tron movie!

Darkprime

Original Poster
Jared Letos's tron movie is still in development and it might actually be a sequel to Legacy.

Screamface

Garth Davis has been tapped to direct the pic starring Jared Leto."

I can't be the only one that can't be enthused with the idea of a Jared Leto staring film? I'm sure his input on the project would limit it.

As for the director, they better surround him with very talented stunt coordinators and a very talented second unit director or two. The track record of taking small film directors and suddenly giving them giant special effect films is very hit and miss. Lion was very good, but it's a giant leap to go from that to TRON.

Let's face it, a large part of TRON is the visual, the design and the action sequences. The weakest part of Tron Legacy was that it was a bit too clinical, wasn't emotional and gripping enough when it needed to be. A problem which permeated that director next film Oblivion. Which he's impoved on in subsequent films and his new Top Gun is meant to be awesome. So I'd rather they got him back.

As for story, I'd rather it goes sequel, but I was not too keen on the Olivia Wilde being a super being in the real world idea.

Last edited:

Screamface

When are they going to learn..you can't make a franchise out of Tron. hopefully corona stops this.

I don't see why they can't, they just need to actually crack a story. It's probably a better concept for a Disney + series if you ask me though. It can take things slower, have episodes on action and spectacle, exploring the world. Instead of trying to wrap it all up as one story in two hours.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I don't see why they can't, they just need to actually crack a story. It's probably a better concept for a Disney + series if you ask me though. It can take things slower, have episodes on action and spectacle, exploring the world. Instead of trying to wrap it all up as one story in two hours.
I thought Tron: Uprising did a really good job at storytelling and world building. Wish they would continue that series on D+.

Darkprime

Original Poster
I've added it to my Disney+ watch list. Something new to actually watch on that damn thing.

I know COVID obviously isn't helping the lack of content situation on Disney+ but the Marvel shows were announced at D23 last year. And were already taking way too long to get off the ground. They shouldn't have announced them until they were just about ready to film. Part of me thinks Moon Knight, She-Hulk and Ms Marvel are still years away.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I hear you. I absolutely hated his take on the joker. But surprisingly the morbius trailer looked decent. But based on everything I've seen him in, I can't say it gets me excited in the least.
What you didn't love him as Jordan in My So Called Life?

MV5BMjAwMzY1MzQ4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTU2MzQ1OTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,669,1000_AL_.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom