I've been moved out of AKL

stalkingmickey

I just got off the phone with my TA and Disney has called her to move me. :mad: I was prepared for this and already knew I did not want to stay at SSR. (Which is where they were trying to put me)

My TA actually called a few weeks ago about this and was told they were not moving me. :brick:

They gave me the choice of the Poly, bc, bw, or yc. I am going to take the poly. we are going 8/31 to 9/9.

I am disappointed we are not staying at AKL as it would have been our first time. We got a good rate with a pin code and was the only reason we were able to afford it. Although I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and could never afford to so it still should be a great time. Just thought I would let you guys know about my move experience.

Thanks Pam from KK she has been as proactive a Disney would allow. :wave:

romiti

Confused...

This is frustrating to hear.....after some lengthy discussion with a CM at Guest Relations last week, it took some serious doing to just get us moved from AKL to an equivalently priced resort (WL). Don't get me wrong, I love the WL, but I would have really loved to have the opportunity to stay at the Poly this time. Unfortunately, when asked if it would be an option, the CM said "absolutely not." It seems like anyone who booked through a travel agent was given the Poly as an option, but we've had no such luck... :brick:

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
Yes I will have a great time. :sohappy: I understand the Poly is more money and am happy with the chnage, but when you plan a to stay somewhere 6 months ago and spend the whole time looking forward to a specific resort and bam 6 weeks before we are going I have to switch gears and go in a different direction. It takes a moment to change gears and start looking forward to staying at the Poly now.

My DH and I will be on our 1 year annv. and we went to hawaii for our honeymoon :kiss: so it will be a little like going back to hawaii. I am just glad I was able to go to another resort I have always wanted to stay at.

Just wanted to let people beware they are still moving people and looks like 9/1 is not the stop date.

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
This is frustrating to hear.....after some lengthy discussion with a CM at Guest Relations last week, it took some serious doing to just get us moved from AKL to an equivalently priced resort (WL). Don't get me wrong, I love the WL, but I would have really loved to have the opportunity to stay at the Poly this time. Unfortunately, when asked if it would be an option, the CM said "absolutely not." It seems like anyone who booked through a travel agent was given the Poly as an option, but we've had no such luck... :brick:

Did Disney call you to move or did you call them and ask to be moved? When my TA called a few weeks ago to move me they refused to do so. This time Disney was making the move request. I know other people have gotten the Poly themselves and have been very pursistant in refusing WL or SSR. Also when are you going. I had more choices than other people I think because of the week I am going. I would call back and insist you want the Poly.

You will have a great time no matter what...a room is just a room, YOU ARE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!
Have fun!

I have been to Disney more times than I can count. I promised my DH that this time we would spend sometime relaxing at the pools. He loves to swim. He wants to have some down time and not be on the go the whole vacation since he works 50 to 60 hours a week. So the Hotel location and pool areas are very important to him. Also we are not renting a car for the first time:eek: and had picked AKL due to the buses not stopping anywhere else. I have never used Disney transportation and want to make sure we are not inconvienced by it.

My Dh works hard so I can spend his money on vacations:ROFLOL: the least I can do is honor some of his request.

I think the Poly address edall of these issues and again am happy with the switch. Actually my DH had to have his arm twisted to go to Disney, but he seems the most dissappointed in the switch out of the AKL. Go Figure:brick:

Upvote 0

PilotWife

I just got off the phone with my TA and Disney has called her to move me. :mad: I was prepared for this and already knew I did not want to stay at SSR. (Which is where they were trying to put me)

My TA actually called a few weeks ago about this and was told they were not moving me. :brick:

They gave me the choice of the Poly, bc, bw, or yc. I am going to take the poly. we are going 8/31 to 9/9.

I am disappointed we are not staying at AKL as it would have been our first time. We got a good rate with a pin code and was the only reason we were able to afford it. Although I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and could never afford to so it still should be a great time. Just thought I would let you guys know about my move experience.

What type of room did you have booked ar AKL...We arrive on the 3rd of Sept to the 11th...and I made our full payment today!!!!:animwink: I asked about this happening to several people and they told me that they knew nothing of people being moved to other resorts..(yeah right).....we do not have the Savannah View....but a deluxe pool view. So, I was wondering if it is mostly the savannah view people being moved.

Jennifer

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
Jenn,

We have a standard view room at the AKL. From my understanding the savanha view rooms are not being moved. Most people who are being moved were in standard rooms.

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
Well, this has been expecting for quite some time, so they might apply your discount to your Poly ressie.

I wasn't sure if we would be affected or not since we are checking in on the 31st and everyone is saying the constructuon will be done 9/1. I even asked if we could come back to the AKL midweek and was told no. I was moved to the polyw ith no additional charges to my ressie. Which as a person who travels quite a bit I would not have accepted anything else.

Now i am praying they are not closing RnRC as I have never been on and have decided I will try it this vacation. I am not a big rollercoaster fan, but I love inversion and loops. I just can take the straight drops. I have been convinced to try RnRC and my luck know it will be closed. :eek:

Hope the AKL move is all the disruption I have to deal with just 6 weeks before we leave

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I'm sure you will have a great time wherever you stay! :D
Although the AKL sounds nice, I would also like to stay at Poly or the BC resort.
The Poly is a nice choice - have fun! :sohappy:
:wave:

Upvote 0

cb3k

Poly was a nice choice, and if convenience of travel is what you wanted then you certainly have it. You can walk to the TTC or grab a direct monorail from MK home, so this will be very convenient for you. The voyage out to AKL can seem like quite an adventure sometimes (when you are standing on the bus after EMH in the MK and kids are all crying). You would have loved both places, but I think the grounds at the Polynesian are much more fun and have a very "Disney" feel to them. If I were you I would ham it up how upset I was and see if they will throw in a complimentary character breakfast at OHANA for ya...haha.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

My neighbors got that call too. Their dd was really looking forward to AKL. I'm not sure where they are moving to. I told them if it was me I would do either the Poly or WL. They said those are the 2 they were thinking about. I also told them not to wait because rooms go fast!

No matter where you are staying, you will have a blast and I'm jealous that you are going! We won't be for some time.

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
I agree it is an upgrade, and we would not have been able to stay at the Poly at the price the rooms go for. I am officially excited to stay at the Poly now. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Yes I will have a great time. :sohappy: I understand the Poly is more money and am happy with the chnage, but when you plan a to stay somewhere 6 months ago and spend the whole time looking forward to a specific resort and bam 6 weeks before we are going I have to switch gears and go in a different direction. It takes a moment to change gears and start looking forward to staying at the Poly now.

My DH and I will be on our 1 year annv. and we went to hawaii for our honeymoon :kiss: so it will be a little like going back to hawaii. I am just glad I was able to go to another resort I have always wanted to stay at.

Just wanted to let people beware they are still moving people and looks like 9/1 is not the stop date.

My sister and her family were moved out of AKL with less than a week before their arrival date (this coming sunday)!!! They were crushed. Disney called them, since they made the res. with Disney, and were offered the Poly...They have stayed there before, so turned it down and were given WL.

Upvote 0

Tomcat47

I actually arrive with my wife at the poly that same day. We were already booked there though and are also from Mass. Maybe we have the same flight. lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom