I've been moved out of AKL

stalkingmickey

I just got off the phone with my TA and Disney has called her to move me. :mad: I was prepared for this and already knew I did not want to stay at SSR. (Which is where they were trying to put me)

My TA actually called a few weeks ago about this and was told they were not moving me. :brick:

They gave me the choice of the Poly, bc, bw, or yc. I am going to take the poly. we are going 8/31 to 9/9.

I am disappointed we are not staying at AKL as it would have been our first time. We got a good rate with a pin code and was the only reason we were able to afford it. Although I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and could never afford to so it still should be a great time. Just thought I would let you guys know about my move experience.

Thanks Pam from KK she has been as proactive a Disney would allow. :wave:

Lindsy1052

This is frustrating to hear.....after some lengthy discussion with a CM at Guest Relations last week, it took some serious doing to just get us moved from AKL to an equivalently priced resort (WL). Don't get me wrong, I love the WL, but I would have really loved to have the opportunity to stay at the Poly this time. Unfortunately, when asked if it would be an option, the CM said "absolutely not." It seems like anyone who booked through a travel agent was given the Poly as an option, but we've had no such luck... :brick:

Having worked for the Disney Reservation Center for 9 1/2 years, let me tell you that it has nothing to do with how you booked your reservation. The first resort offered to someone that has to be moved is the one that is closest to the price they were paying. That is why WL was offered first. When they have no more rooms, we would be given the next resort in line to offer. Sometimes when 2 resorts are the same price, we would be given both to give you a choice, such as Yacht & Beach Club. But again, it has nothing to do with the way you booked your reservation.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Disney actually offered our clients SSR first with a one bedroom Villa with a very large discount. Some of our clients took it, some didn't. Those who didn't were offered other deluxes that were available for their dates with the same room type for an equal exchange.

Hopefully everyone who has to be moved will be happy with the new accomodations. It's unfortunate that it has to happen, but Disney is making good on it.

Pam

Upvote 0

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
Disney actually offered our clients SSR first with a one bedroom Villa with a very large discount. Some of our clients took it, some didn't. Those who didn't were offered other deluxes that were available for their dates with the same room type for an equal exchange.

Hopefully everyone who has to be moved will be happy with the new accomodations. It's unfortunate that it has to happen, but Disney is making good on it.

Pam

Thanks Pam for your hard work!!!:wave: I have been searching the web and checking out the Poly now.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Even if I was extremely looking forward to staying somewhere, If you offer me the Poly any day, I would go. When Caribbean Beach was down we were called and offered the Poly but we would have to pay a little more for the upgrade. That little more was like nothing and we grabbed it!! Kick me out of any hotel (even the Grand Floridian) and give me the Poly any day and I'd take it. Right now we are booked at the CBR. I wish they would kick me out and offer me the Poly for a little more money, I'd grab it in a heartbeat!:D

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

I don't think I could accept anything but Poly or GF. If you were set on AKL, BC, BW, WL don't meet your expectations. I'd demand Poly.

I don't think "demanding" is the way to go. Having worked in the reservation center for years, we were less likely to help the person or travel agent that got nasty with us than the ones who were nice. I know Pam and the people over at her agency, and they were always great to work with. If they had a client that was not happy we would bend backwards to try and help them. On the other hand the ones who got nasty with us, either took what was offered or they had the option to cancel their reservation with no penalty. Needless to say, they took the offer. What I cannot understand is why any person or travel agent would get nasty with someone who with the click of the mouse can elimate their reservation so easily. These are not the people you want angry with you because you mistreated them on the phone.

Linda

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom