Trip Report It's the same old, same old......

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
IMG_6663.jpeg

RESORT:
IMG_4826.jpeg

"READING" OF THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
IMG_4801.jpeg

MATCHING SHOES:
IMG_5257.jpeg

MORNING WALKS:
IMG_4859.jpeg

MDE NOT FUNCTIONING:
IMG_5028.PNG

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ANOTHER FLIGHT DELAY...
IMG_5556.PNG

WHAT'S CHANGED:

WHEN: Tuesday, September 18th-Saturday, September 22nd

WHY: Passholder Play Time
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413422586125.JPG

If you're tired of the same old, same old & would like to excuse yourself from this one I get it. No hard feelings, really... Considering this is my third TR in 3 months & not too much changes with us I'm sure you feel like you know my family & I as well as your own!! I guess that could be good or bad...:hilarious:

Anyhow, for those who are going to stick around thanks for reading & welcome!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
What a cool character interaction! Everyone thinks about the Princesses or the Fab Five or the big characters like Woody but finding characters like this or your Stormtrooper moments prove that anything can be magical!

I LOVE the pic with Chewbacca, looks like J really loves him!
It was really nice & fun!! You're so right!!

J was really excited to see Chewbacca. I'm not sure why he's such a fan b/c he's never seen the movies but he has really taken a liking to him.
What a sweet Aunt! And two more cars! Lucky dude! I bet he will love CARSLAND someday!
There's more cars coming too.... & he is a lucky dude for sure--he's been to Disneyland twice so he has already experienced CARSLAND. I've never been there so I don't know which ride it is but he was bummed b/c he was too small for something there.
I would make a strong case for Baymax in the best hug department.:joyfull:
Great picture!! I've never taken the time to meet him--maybe next time!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH

After spending a greater part of our afternoon doing nothing but drinking beer(it was a nice change of pace BTW) we decided to cash in our RNRC FP's. Had J not been sleeping that whole time we would not have sat there that long--I don't think Baseline Tap House would have kept him amused!!
IMG_5160.jpeg

I went first while E waited with J.
IMG_5161.jpeg

IMG_5162.jpeg

IMG_5163.jpeg

I love watching the limos taking off.
IMG_5167.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413367366445.jpg

E & J were hanging out near the ToT exit when I was done.
IMG_5168.jpeg

Look what his mom got him while I was on the ride!!
IMG_5170.jpeg

He doesn't look it here but he was quite happy with his doughnut....
IMG_5169.jpeg

....and E was happy with her limo ride
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413367395445.jpg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH

At this point it was around 4:00. We decided we had our fill of HS for the day. As we started to leave the heavens let loose so we figured we would stay put for a few minutes. A few minutes turned into 20 or so b/c the rain kept coming down harder & harder. We were bored with waiting around so I went in the gift shop and bought 2 ponchos for us while E put the cover on the stroller.
IMG_5171.jpeg

IMG_5172.jpeg

We were on Sunset Blvd. when we heard the loudest clap of thunder we had ever heard. It was so scary!! We definitely picked up our pace after that!!
IMG_5173.jpeg

HS emptied out real quick!!
IMG_5174.jpeg

IMG_5176.jpeg

We were walking through some serious puddles.
IMG_5177.jpeg

IMG_5178.jpeg

Bye HS!!
IMG_5179.jpeg

Then we got to do the 10 mile march back to the bus stop in a monsoon!!
IMG_5180.jpeg

The weather was nothing short of miserable.
IMG_5181.jpeg

I know I am one who has complained about the never ending walk to the bus stops at HS in recent days. So, in all fairness I timed how long it took us to get from the exit to the bus stop & it was 4 minutes. Now, we were walking a bit quicker than normal due to the rain. It's probably those boring maze like walls that make it so depressing. E & I decided that we were just spoiled b/c the POR stop was right there when you exited & that's not the case anymore!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH

Fortunately a bus pulled in right after we got to the stop.
IMG_5182.jpeg

It was a bit chilly on the bus. As you can see J looks a bit uncomfortable.
IMG_5183.jpeg

For whatever reason J really likes to sit in that particular seat on the buses. He gets bummed when we get on one and sees that it's taken. If that is the only seat that is open he's fine with sitting there by himself--without E or myself next to him. He's been doing this for many trips now. I'd love to know what it is about that particular seat that he really likes.

We got back to Riverside a few minutes after 5:00. E & J went to their room to relax for awhile before dinner. I headed to mine to change shoes b/c mine were thoroughly soaked. I decided to walk around & take in the scenery for a bit after that.
IMG_5184.jpeg

Where to?? Decisions, decisions.....
IMG_5185.jpeg

Since it was still raining I figured I would make a visit to Muddy Rivers. I love sitting here & relaxing!! I called R & talked to him for a bit to see how his day went while I sipped on a margarita.
IMG_5187.jpeg

Lee, the bartender, is a super nice guy. We talked for a bit and he told me I look very familiar. He said that it seems like he just saw me recently. I told him that he was correct & that I was there the month before. He then proceeded with, "I feel like it was more than that." I said he was correct again & that it was June before that.
IMG_5188.jpeg

In all the times I've been to Muddy Rivers I never noticed this hidden Mickey. I was excited to see it. My BIL D enjoys Muddy Rivers a lot so I sent this picture to him & told him to guess where I was. Apparently he never noticed it either b/c he did not guess correctly.
IMG_5189.jpeg

Then I sent him this one.
IMG_5190.jpeg

It was still raining so the pool was still closed which unfortunately meant something else--no marshmallow roasting again tonight.
IMG_5191.jpeg

IMG_5192.jpeg

I decided to walk around a bit & head back to the room so I bid Lee & Muddy Rivers farewell & told him he would probably see me the next day!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH

We headed to The Riverside Mill for dinner around 8:15.
IMG_5193.jpeg

I went with something I have never tried here before--the Southern Fried Shrimp Platter.
IMG_5194.jpeg

After I sat down I realized that I didn't grab any cocktail sauce. I went to the condiment area & didn't see any so I went back to the station where I ordered to ask for some. They told me that they don't have cocktail sauce there?!?!?! I was really puzzled as to why they wouldn't have it if they have shrimp on the menu. The funny thing was the CM was looking at me like I was the goofy one for asking for it!!

My shrimp platter minus cocktail sauce.
IMG_5195.jpeg

It was still good but I did miss not having cocktail sauce.

E had a burger & J had corn dog nuggets.
IMG_5196.jpeg

No, he wasn't sleeping--just a bad shot on my part.
IMG_5197.jpeg

After dinner we headed back to our rooms. I was pretty tired and we had another busy day planned!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST

I was up early & headed out for my morning walk. I was greeted with this lovely notice when I opened the door.:cry:
IMG_5200.jpeg

I only managed one picture on this mornings walk.:jawdrop:
IMG_5202.jpeg

Let me explain the reason for that. I have an issue with my feet & some days are worse than others. I had been having a lot of pain in my right foot for about 3 weeks prior to the trip but couldn't get an appointment with my foot doctor until October 5th. I was quite concerned about going on this trip b/c of all the walking and at this point it had definitely caught up with me. The pain was pretty intense & the top of my foot was swollen(it had been prior to the trip but it got worse during it).

So, the reason for my agony is a condition I was born with called a "tarsal coalition". Next to no one I talk to has ever heard of this so here is an explanation that I pulled from the internet. Definition: A tarsal coalition is an abnormal connection that develops between two bones in the back of the foot(the tarsal bones). This abnormal connection, which can be composed of bone, cartilage or fibrous tissue, may lead to limited motion and pain in one or both feet. It is a genetic condition. It is estimated that one out of every 100 people may have a tarsal coalition. In about 50% of cases, both feet are affected.

I have had surgery on my feet 3 times(twice on the left, once on the right)to separate this abnormal connection(mine is bone). Unfortunately, my body basically keeps rejecting the surgery & the bones end up fusing themselves back together. Since the mechanics of my feet are not correct it tends to cause other problems. I had to have surgery on my right foot where they had to break my toes & straighten them b/c they were crooked. I had a pretty bad plantar fascia tear on my left that had to be repaired surgically also. Needless to say I have spent quite a bit of my life on crutches!! And let me tell you they are no fun!!

Many times before I go to Disney I have to take oral steroids for a week prior or they give me steroid injections so I can tolerate all the walking. Since I couldn't get an appointment I knew I would just have to tough it out but I'd be lying if I said that it didn't slow me down a bit. Just in case anyone was wondering I ended up getting injections when I saw the doctor in October. That should keep things settled down for a few months or so.

Sorry for the detour in the TR. I hope I didn't bore you but I just wanted to explain "why the foot pain" but it's not an easy thing to explain. Also, I'm not whining about it either--things could always be a lot worse & I understand that. Again, just trying to explain what was going on.

The morning walk ended up getting cut really short b/c all I wanted to do was rest at that point. I headed back to the room, showered & waited for E to let me know they were ready. She ended up texting me around 9:15 to tell me that J was still sleeping & for me to head to AK without them so I wouldn't miss our DINOSAUR FP.

I headed to The Riverside Mill for an iced coffee & waited for a bus at the South Depot.
IMG_5203.jpeg

I arrived at AK around 10:00.
IMG_5204.jpeg

IMG_5205.jpeg

I ended up going in the line to the left of the Passholder line. Wise move let me tell you....
IMG_5206.jpeg

I took my time walking through the park.
IMG_5207.jpeg

IMG_5208.jpeg

IMG_5209.jpeg

It was probably a good thing that E had me go without them. She walks pretty fast--I wouldn't have been able to keep up with her!!

slipperalwaysfits

Sorry you got caught in a monsoon! DH and I love the monsoons because the parks empty out so much and in certain places, the indoor rides can be total walk ons if the monsoon is at the right time of day for the park to clear out! :happy::happy:
I am so sorry for the hassle with your feet. It's amazing you're able to accomplish as much as you do at Disney, walking around with all that pain!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
After I sat down I realized that I didn't grab any cocktail sauce. I went to the condiment area & didn't see any so I went back to the station where I ordered to ask for some. They told me that they don't have cocktail sauce there?!?!?! I was really puzzled as to why they wouldn't have it if they have shrimp on the menu. The funny thing was the CM was looking at me like I was the goofy one for asking for it!!

That’s because shrimp is better with tartar sauce. :p

I’m currently on oral steroids for plantar fascia right now. Wrapping up that tomorrow and the follow up is later this month.

Songbird76

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH

Fortunately a bus pulled in right after we got to the stop.
View attachment 323967

It was a bit chilly on the bus. As you can see J looks a bit uncomfortable.
View attachment 323968
For whatever reason J really likes to sit in that particular seat on the buses. He gets bummed when we get on one and sees that it's taken. If that is the only seat that is open he's fine with sitting there by himself--without E or myself next to him. He's been doing this for many trips now. I'd love to know what it is about that particular seat that he really likes.

We got back to Riverside a few minutes after 5:00. E & J went to their room to relax for awhile before dinner. I headed to mine to change shoes b/c mine were thoroughly soaked. I decided to walk around & take in the scenery for a bit after that.
View attachment 323969

Where to?? Decisions, decisions.....
View attachment 323970

Since it was still raining I figured I would make a visit to Muddy Rivers. I love sitting here & relaxing!! I called R & talked to him for a bit to see how his day went while I sipped on a margarita.
View attachment 323971

Lee, the bartender, is a super nice guy. We talked for a bit and he told me I look very familiar. He said that it seems like he just saw me recently. I told him that he was correct & that I was there the month before. He then proceeded with, "I feel like it was more than that." I said he was correct again & that it was June before that.
View attachment 323972

In all the times I've been to Muddy Rivers I never noticed this hidden Mickey. I was excited to see it. My BIL D enjoys Muddy Rivers a lot so I sent this picture to him & told him to guess where I was. Apparently he never noticed it either b/c he did not guess correctly.
View attachment 323973

Then I sent him this one.
View attachment 323974

It was still raining so the pool was still closed which unfortunately meant something else--no marshmallow roasting again tonight.
View attachment 323975

View attachment 323976

I decided to walk around a bit & head back to the room so I bid Lee & Muddy Rivers farewell & told him he would probably see me the next day!!
The bus thing might be as simple as routine. Just that that's where he sat the first time, so that's where he's comfortable. DS screamed bloody murder the 2nd time we took the bus to swimming lessons. He was 6, and the first time we got off the bus, I knew we had to cross the street at some point, but I went one street too far, so I had crossed the one street and then had to double back to cross the other way. The 2nd time, I knew where I was going, so I just crossed at the right street and he freaked out, screaming that I was going the wrong way and we needed to go back. I'm standing there, pointing to the swimming pool to show him that we were going in the right direction, but he would not move. I had to pick him up and carry him, literally kicking and screaming, to the pool. The 3rd time, when we got out of the bus, he was very anxious and tearfully asked me if we could PLEASE cross the other street first this time. I asked him why it was so important to him, and he said it felt safer that way. I asked him why, and he said it was because that's the way we went the first time. It was familiar to him, which felt safer. So we had to go that way from that point on. Perhaps J has formed a connection in his mind with that particular seat and a fun memory, so he associates that seat with a positive experience? I don't know, but if I had to guess, that's what I'd think. Just like a particular smell, or a song on the radio automatically makes you think of a certain memory...a person or place. The song you danced to at your wedding makes you think of that day, or the smell of Thanksgiving turkey might make you think of your grandma because you always went there for the holidays.

Minnesota disney fan

I sympathize with you and your foot pain. I had plantar fasciitis last 2 trips and had to get injections of cortisone so I could walk. I KNOW how you felt! Husband also has foot/ankle problems and has cortisone injections before trekking to Disney to walk 10 miles plus a day!!! He uses a scooter some of the days, and so have I. Have you considered using an EVC so you could save yourself some pain and rest your foot? You can rent one for the day if you don't want to have one all the time. That's what we do and it really does make a difference in our level of comfort. Just keep the receipt and get another one same day at another park if you want. Hope you feel better. I am enjoying following along.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I hope that in time, there will be a procedure that will actually work for your foot. It's bizarre to hear about all the different medical issues that people can have. I'm just glad to hear that you were still able to get around, in spite of the foot issue.

Doc Disney

E & I couldn't believe the amount of wheelchairs that were lined up for this flight. We joked that it looked like the plane was going to be full with just them!!

One time my Mom and I counted 11 on our flight to Buffalo from MCO..it was crazy!!

The next day after mousekeeping was there she took the fourth pillow & put it back on the other bed so I was down to three again on this one. This went on every day--it was kind of strange.

OMG This happened to me in DL too! It was so weird!!

When the ride was over the 2nd time she announced "Now the ride is over etc. etc......" I'm still confused over this a month later.....

Thats so odd what the heck!!!!

P.S. sorry for all the notifications I am really trying to catch up on my TRs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom