It's the end of the world!!!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by bondskier
Question: did they remove the three plastic/glass sculptures with the original epcot logo permanently during the 2000 celebration?

Yeah, they're probably in a warehouse somewhere.

I'd love to see them return, but i seriously doubt it. :)

sillyspook13

Whoa! No announcement from Disney, and half the board is freaking out about something that was on the news!

Read this before assuming that everything on the news is completely true.

Guess we will have to wait and see what happens. I just hope if they do decide to change Spaceship Earth they don't screw it up like they did Test Track. And yes.. i still think if they made WoM a 3 part ride it would have done better than Test Track. PM me if you wanna know what i'm talking about, don't litter up the posts here. :)

Tim G

SpaceShip Earth will always SpaceShip Earth...

They need the EPCOT hub to exist, just as The Castle in MK and the Tree in AK...

Funny that any of you never mentioned the following possibility...

There are more ways to use the same name (SpaceShip Earth)with a different ride inside...

Let's take Microsoft and SpaceShip Earth together...
What do they both have in common...
Comminications all around the universe (that's what's it all about)

The ride is of NO importance, it's the theming...
You only have to start the history from 1980

Modems, BBS's, Internet, Satelite communications...

But Warp speed, Time travel... etc.. NO

There's always a way that you COULD fit in Time racers..
but that doesn't have to be a thrill ride, and it will certainly NOT be a Coaster...

ie. rename the current Omnimover in MicroMover, use other trains, make it faster (but not too fast) and use a different track.

As I said before, there are more ways to do something with a ride
inside SpaceShip earth, without loosing it's original name...

WDWKing

Originally posted by Corrus
SpaceShip Earth will always SpaceShip Earth...

They need the EPCOT hub to exist, just as The Castle in MK and the Tree in AK...

Funny that any of you never mentioned the following possibility...

There are more ways to use the same name (SpaceShip Earth)with a different ride inside...

Let's take Microsoft and SpaceShip Earth together...
What do they both have in common...
Comminications all around the universe (that's what's it all about)

The ride is of NO importance, it's the theming...
You only have to start the history from 1980

Modems, BBS's, Internet, Satelite communications...

I agree with Corrus. Spaceship Earth can have many meanings, and its meaning of communication will never be outdated.

Michael72688

I think it's time for a change, the ride is old, and needs to be changed! I know that everyone likes the theming, but all I want to do on that ride is sleep (which it is pretty good for) of course not everything can stay the same forever and maybe the new attraction can be a lot better than the one that is there!

Buford

If they're going to make it the next Journey into Your Imagination or Test Track, I'm against it. If they're going to make the next American Adventure or Horizons, why not. ;)

Favrefire4

They could be but Disney made a promise to everyone who bought a picture that it would be on those plaques for 5 years and on Disney property for 20 years. The hole time you would be able to look at your photo.

kennyj29

Leave a Legacy

I can't wait for those 5 years to be up..........this is a sore subject with me. How could they make the entrance to Epcot look so bad!!!! They ruined it!:mad:

celticdog

Re: Leave a Legacy

Originally posted by kennyj29
I can't wait for those 5 years to be up..........this is a sore subject with me. How could they make the entrance to Epcot look so bad!!!! They ruined it!:mad:

The next question is: When are the 5 years going to be up?
Disney is still selling tiles for LAL. In some of the vacation packages they include free tiles.

Tim G

Re: Leave a Legacy

Emmm...

(Whisper mode ON)

I like it...

(Whisper mode OFF)

Sorry...
ehhhhh... no I'm not!

They needed something new, as they stopped producing the tiles for the walk of bricks..
I must agree I liked the Tiles better, but it was time to move on into the next millennium...

And about SE... The Golf Ball (as someone called it) will stay...
It only get's a new ride inside...

kennyj29

Corrus

I love your posts but I can't see what is attractive about those tiles. The bricks were great!! They ddn't ruin an entrance. Most people just walk over them and don't even notice but you can't help notice those ugly tiles. They stick it in your face so you have to notice it and it took all the beauty of the entrance of Epcot. But that's another post! :hammer:

EchoOfOphelia

Time Racers? That's really lame, sounds like something from TRON. I hope they change the name! :lol:

See I disagree I think Disney would change it. People keep saying that its such a "symbol" and they are right... the geodesic sphere is the symbol, not the ride. I wouldn't be surprised if it was going to be changed.

gjpjtj

Re: Re: Leave a Legacy

Emmm...

(Whisper mode ON)

I like it...

(Whisper mode OFF)

Sorry...
ehhhhh... no I'm not!

They needed something new, as they stopped producing the tiles for the walk of bricks..
I must agree I liked the Tiles better, but it was time to move on into the next millennium...

And about SE... The Golf Ball (as someone called it) will stay...
It only get's a new ride inside...

:lol: :lol: I really like the bricks better.....

Michael72688

Originally posted by OneLittleSpark
If they're going to make it the next Journey into Your Imagination or Test Track, I'm against it. If they're going to make the next American Adventure or Horizons, why not. ;)

American Adventure??? Really???

Tim G

Re: Corrus

I love your posts but I can't see what is attractive about those tiles. The bricks were great!! They ddn't ruin an entrance. Most people just walk over them and don't even notice but you can't help notice those ugly tiles. They stick it in your face so you have to notice it and it took all the beauty of the entrance of Epcot. But that's another post! :hammer:

I liked the bricks, they have something romantic, maybe they look so Disney, but I love the Tiles in Epcot...

I find them Innovating, maybe because of Epcot
Sorry, but I think they really fit in.....

Ahh... but that's just MY opninion...

Michael72688

Re: Re: Corrus

I liked the bricks, they have something romantic, maybe they look so Disney, but I love the Tiles in Epcot...

I find them Innovating, maybe because of Epcot
Sorry, but I think they really fit in.....

Ahh... but that's just MY opninion...

I agree they do fit it

and I never thought Epcot (the park or the entrance) had any beauty to take away

kennyj29

Tiles

The images on those tiles are awful, it ruins the entrance and those boulders they are on are hideous, sorry but that's my opinion. Put it somewhere that it doesn't hide the entrance to Epcot!

Fido

I can live with the tiles, but it brings a real cluttered look to the entrance. I liked the fountain with the clear epcot sign a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom