It's not Epcot anymore.. (wand demo pics)

Space Mountain

Currently..

071220071855_l.jpg

rdour@techminds

Ah, wouldn't it be nice if people were taking a break, away from the job site, and something were to magically crush one of the gravestones? Ah, now what? Do we rebuild that one or get rid of them all?

Ah, safety first, then make a nice little accident, ah, bye bye stupid gravestones.

Ryan

ToTBellHop

Ah, wouldn't it be nice if people were taking a break, away from the job site, and something were to magically crush one of the gravestones? Ah, now what? Do we rebuild that one or get rid of them all?

Ah, safety first, then make a nice little accident, ah, bye bye stupid gravestones.

Ryan
they could definitely consolidate the tombstones...based on how poorly they sold, they could probably remove half of them...or just put a wall of shame over to the side with all of them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
they could definitely consolidate the tombstones...based on how poorly they sold, they could probably remove half of them...or just put a wall of shame over to the side with all of them.

Well, since it seems that they are slowly removing the bricks from around MK, is there any rule/law stating how long that these types of things must be kept up?

How about kept in view?

Just move them to the back of The Land and let moss grow on them!

jmvd20

I think people just love to complain - WDW is finally taking the wand down now people turn to the LaL stones...

It is almost as bad as people who complain about complainers... :lookaroun

Enigma

Account Suspended
I think people just love to complain - WDW is finally taking the wand down now people turn to the LaL stones...

It is almost as bad as people who complain about complainers... :lookaroun

Once the bulk of mistakes made by previous management have been erased we will cease to complain

Champion

Once the bulk of mistakes made by previous management have been erased we will cease to complain

Completely false, and you know it. I'm 100% sure I can go through your posts and dig up something that was done under this 'regime' that you've complained about.

WDWcouple

Hahaha complain about the stones alll ya want.... Theyre still going to be there for another 15 or so years....... Or Disney may face a nasty class action by the tens of thousands that paid for their mugs to be up there

Champion

Hahaha complain about the stones alll ya want.... Theyre still going to be there for another 15 or so years....... Or Disney may face a nasty class action by the tens of thousands that paid for their mugs to be up there

Ah, but the contract only says they need to be displayed. Not where. So the lawsuit would fail, as long as Disney moved them to another location.

And besides, the things only cost $25 to buy at the end, and some people got them free. Hardly a big windfall for a class action suit to go after.

WDWcouple

Ah, but the contract only says they need to be displayed. Not where. So the lawsuit would fail, as long as Disney moved them to another location.

Makes we wonder where they could put those.... I think that anywhere they put them that people are going P&M... However at this time I think we can agree that asthetics besides the wand should not be first priority.. There is a list longer than the wand for refurbs that take presidence.. IMO

From MiceAge

The LAL slabs themselves can't be destroyed completely; when Disney sold the images to people, they promised the images would be around in some form or other until 2020. But there's nothing stopping Disney from simply moving those slabs somewhere else. Perhaps they will drop them from a helicopter, one at a time, on top of Wonders of Life and thus kill two birds with one stone?

In all seriousness, they do have another option in the contract: they could display the images in another format (including digital, I think) and thus don't even have to keep the angular slabs at all. One can only hope. This area needs dramatic revitalizing. The stone monoliths literally bespeak of commemoration, which implies death. Not exactly the message one should strive for at the opening plaza of the "edutainment" park. (Well, OK, maybe it's the "futurism" park. Or the "we're all one big family" park. But the commemoration/death/memorial angle still doesn't work).

I don't think most people would even be aware if the stones were (re)moved.

TinkerBell9988

does she exist?

:wave: Hello, sir. :D

I wear my vintage WDW and EPCOT Center tees all the time when I am home, and I have yet to find a male version of me: wand and EPCOT-obsessed.

I am so pleased with how fast this demolition is going. By the time I am back in the park next week, I will most likely see a wordless wand. :)

diddy_mouse

I know I'm a little late to this dance, but thanx for posting the deconstruction pictures! I'll look forward to more updates as they roll in. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom