Trip Report It feels like the first time... Feels like the very first time *completed*

Figgy1

Premium Member
Okay guys..... Thanks to your advice we now have a return trip plan....ish.

2018 - this summer - one day ticket to Kings Island to check out Planet Snoopy. Will use around her half birthday in late August
2019 - season pass to Kings Island (have to go 5 times to break even but that seems doable since they're open four months)
2020 - Mommy/Daughter birthday trip in late February as she turns 5 or Mother's Day trip shortly after with cousins and Auntie (2020 is also a leap year!!)
And I'll paint her darn nails :oops::oops:
Sounds good. I always book a mani pedi appointment before a trip. I'll bet a mommy daughter one will be fun. My salon does Disney designs

amjt660

Premium Member
I cannot imagine adding pickpockets on purpose :hilarious::hilarious: That's really neat that they're all run by their host country!! I wish we knew that before we went! We would have asked more questions!

I wish we had more time in the World Showcase.
When you go back (not if, when) try to look at the CM name tag.
It will list either their hometown (for the most part) or sometimes where they call home now.
It is interesting for me to visit the Canada pavilion to see where from the Great White North the CMs are from.

Max

krisri18

They added it as a seasonal item at the end of summer, but then let it stick around. I don't know how long it will be there, but I'm glad they kept it until our trip!! I thought it turned out cool. A did a solo one too, but she didn't really get the concept
View attachment 253798
They were testing this on our trip last February, we actually got ours taken on Valentine's Day! Glad they added extra cast members to direct traffic and save you from scooters though, it was just the photographer when we went and he was clearly overwhelmed!

Texchick

Day three - our last day

Originally I had planned on taking A back to Magic Kingdom for rope drop to do all her favorite rides while D slept in, but that obviously wasn't going to work :hilarious::hilarious: so we went to the food court in search of Mickey waffles. Well.... We found character waffles, so that was close enough!!
View attachment 253220
We also grabbed a pastry and two chocolate milks
View attachment 253229

Okay the waffles were good... They were crispy and chewy and tasted like waffles. And the pastry wasn't bad..... But..... I know the food is expensive at Disney but for some reason this meal more than any other gave me sticker shock. $20 for three small waffles, a pastry, three sausage links, and two chocolate milks. That seems steep, even for Disney. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but since we paid so much for this one I felt obligated to eat it all :hungover::hungover:

Afterwards, we wandered around the gift shop for a little bit. A found this hat, which we didn't buy because it was way too big for her
View attachment 253231
And she wanted basically every set of ears
View attachment 253232

We didn't get those either. We were in search of an ornament to commemorate our trip (totally forgot about the Christmas shop at DS and didn't know there was one in MK) but unfortunately they only had 2018 ornaments :( :(
View attachment 253233

We went back to the room to get D up so we could go check out the Cars pool, which we hadn't swam in yet. Unfortunately, even though it was almost lunch time, the pool was inexplicably closed, but that didn't stop us from taking a bunch of goofy pictures
View attachment 253234

This is her trying to salute in front of Sarge.... She's not ready for the Army yet...
View attachment 253235
View attachment 253237
View attachment 253238

Then we went swimming one last time in the Nemo pool, and then the Ariel pool, saying goodbye to everything as we went through the resort grounds. A didn't want to say goodbye to the "crazy dogs" (that's what she called The Lion King hyenas no matter how many times we corrected her)
View attachment 253239

Then we headed back to the room so A could take an early nap and D and I could pack our suitcases (our Tragical Express was leaving 6:25 the next morning :cry::cry:) and get ready for our big evening at Magic Kingdom
Which food court had the character waffles? Those seem so cute.

Texchick

Day three - Magic Kingdom night continued

It pained me so greatly to give up our fastpasses for the Jingle Cruise. @amjt660 really sold me on this ride and I was looking forward to both the holiday overlay and the nighttime run. My favorite jokes are corny dad jokes. Like, tonight at Christmas dinner with the in-laws, they were discussing making their own buttermilk and I chimed in with, "were watching our weight, so we've started making margerine milk..." The Jungle Cruise was made for people like me.

But I didn't want to waste another fastpass for another toddler freak out, so after the boat fiasco at Epcot I changed our Jungle Cruise fastpass to Rapunzel and Tiana. I know we've already seen them, but I thought ending the trip with A's favorite princess would be a high note for her.

So we head out of the castle and it's just a quick hop over to Princess Fairytale Hall, which is great because the crowds behind the castle are intense and chaotic. I'm excited at this point because we're early enough to hit the fastpass and then hop around the castle for the Frozen stage show. We step up to the queue and I'm about to scan in for our fastpass when I notice that my husband, who was right behind me only a second ago, is nowhere to be seen. There's no D, anywhere,... Just a million strangers milling around, going this way and that. I'm trying not to panic, reminding myself that D knows where we were going, we've been there before, he knows the plan and he'll meet us at the Hall. I check my phone and I have no signal. Okay,... Maybe he went to the stroller parking, even though we don't need our stroller. I scan stroller parking behind the carousel and don't see him, and I don't see the stroller, either. I check my phone again, and I have a tiny amount of signal so I dial his number.

Relief flooded over me when he picked up, and then annoyance. He said he had told me he was getting the stroller and then peeled off, thinking I was right behind him, but he had parked in a different stroller parking before dinner and now he didn't know where he was or where we were. He could see the castle and the carousel, but all the other buildings looked the same to him and very much different in the dark and the mass of humanity than it did the morning we visited Rapunzel before.

People stop to stare at me as I'm yelling at him on the phone (yeah, that person who caused a scene.... It was me.... :oops:) to just walk around the freaking carousel until he sees us (it's round!! If you walk around it you'll find us eventually!!), because we're standing right out front of the hall. And he did, THREE times. The area was so swamped with people going this way and that, that the first two times around he didn't see us and we didn't see him. Finally we find each other, ten minutes later, which means we would for sure miss the Frozen Holiday Wish show. I was so frustrated, I couldn't even talk to him except to say very sternly that he scared the crap out of me and next time he needs to physically touch me before peeling off to make sure I got the message. This is how they trained us in the Army, but I guess they didn't train them like that in the Marines :hilarious::hilarious:

We're waiting in line, now, both adults hugging each other and trying to calm down, when A finds a friend: a little girl who turned four today, wearing a Tiana dress and talking excitedly about seeing "Tatiana". You would think they would have a lot to talk about, based on all that, but instead.... A tells the little girl that her mommy is so mad at her daddy, and the little girl starts telling A about the time her mommy was mad at her daddy for forgetting milk and her mom and I are just getting more and more embarrassed :banghead::banghead: kids are the worst :hilarious::hilarious: Finally, I gave the little girl my magic wand from dinner, and her and A start playing fairy godmother. D and I apologise to each other, and before long it was time to meet the princesses.

View attachment 253697
The little snitch is telling Tiana again that I didn't paint her nails before the trip.... :cautious::cautious:
View attachment 253698
View attachment 253699
She was so excited that her and Rapunzel were both wearing the same dress, that she forgot to tell Rapunzel about her Tinkerbell shoes. When she was saying goodbye to Tiana, she suddenly remembered this, and ran back to Rapunzel to tell her. Thankfully Rapunzel was about to go on break, so there were no other guests over there getting photobombed by her.

From there we grabbed the stroller and "kitted up" for nighttime. We put on our Christmas bulb light up necklaces, and outfitted the stroller with some glow and the dark bracelets. I had bought a bunch more glow in the dark jewelry, too, but none of it had survived the baggage handlers. We looked at each other and laughed. We looked ridiculous, but we certainly were not going to miss each other in a crowd, now!! We strapped A into the stroller and headed for the Rapunzel bathrooms. Halfway there, D says,... Hey if you see a bathroom let me know, and I reply "we're actually going to a bathroom for our next attraction" :hilarious::hilarious:

View attachment 253729
The bathrooms were pretty, and A loved seeing all the paintings that Rapunzel did on the walls and the ceilings, but the real reason we hoofed it over here was for the Tangled lantern photopass.

Because this was a busy and tiny courtyard, this photopass stop had two extra cast members who were in charge of keeping the little area they were talking photos in clear. When it was our turn we knelt down by the lantern and were so focused on the photographer that we didn't see the scooter about to run me over. One of the crowd wrangling cast members did, though, and would later save A from a scooter too.

View attachment 253730

It was 7:00 pm now, and we had twenty minutes before our 7DMT fastpass window opened. I told D we could walk around and maybe try to find a snack cart, or we could brave the crowds all the way back to main street to see if Tinkerbell was up and running yet. He chose Tinkerbell, so into The crowds we went once more.
I'm so laughing over here about the little snitch part. I have a two and a half year old, so I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm glad other people's kids snitch on them too. Mine ratted me out for eating a piece of chocolate the other day.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Wilderness Lodge has a new nail salon by the Springs pool.

D531FEB6-83B2-4A08-9BDA-177EB0924B5E.jpeg

21stamps

Okay guys..... Thanks to your advice we now have a return trip plan....ish.

2018 - this summer - one day ticket to Kings Island to check out Planet Snoopy. Will use around her half birthday in late August
2019 - season pass to Kings Island (have to go 5 times to break even but that seems doable since they're open four months)
2020 - Mommy/Daughter birthday trip in late February as she turns 5 or Mother's Day trip shortly after with cousins and Auntie (2020 is also a leap year!!)
And I'll paint her darn nails :oops::oops:

Yes!!!!! Hold off on buying the one day ticket until just before you go.. I’m not sure if it’s August or September, but they always offer
“one free visit” during the current year, if you purchase Gold passes for the following year.
But, if you can go during a weekday, before they switch to weekend schedules, there will be a lot less crowds.
Something to keep in mind :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom