Trip Report It feels like the first time... Feels like the very first time *completed*

amjt660

Premium Member
I didn't see a single kid eating dryer lint. Not one. I was ready to steal some candy from a baby, but apparently nobody thought the dryer lint was a good snack option :oops::oops: so I failed that mission!
When it comes to stealing (dryer lint) candy from a baby you have to learn from the best
@Tuvalu has the ninja skills to pull it off (and it is well documented)

And I doubt I will ever get this type of message from @Tuvalu directed toward me!

Max

LisaBelle

Either way, I can tell you I'm in no hurry to get back in a car with my daughter behind the wheel. She's a truly terrible driver :hilarious::hilarious:
I'm so happy A was able to drive. That was one of my daughter's goals on our first Disney trip. Your comment brought back memories of my 4 year daughter driving me around the Speedway. I know those cars are on rails, but she was hitting the rails so hard I was certain we were going to go careening through them!

Nala06

If you're counting, that's all three fastpasses that I meticulously planned that we wouldn't be using.

If there is one thing about touring WDW with a toddler I learned on my recent trip, it was that the best laid plans go awry often! We "wasted" so many FP because it just didnt fit the timeframe we were in at the moment. It seems like adjusting on the fly is working great for you! Excited to read more.

21stamps

Christmas Day at the Magic Kingdom

I was up with my normal work alarm at 5:03 am. I got dressed and packed the bag, and then got D and A up and helped get them ready. We got to the bus stop at 6:05 and by 6:10 there were clearly more people than would fit in the bus. The bus pulled up and loaded a couple wheelchairs and by the time we got in there were no seats left. Instead of searching for someone to yell at so they'd give up their seat for my little snowflake, A and I sat on the stairs and D stood near us with the stroller. In no time we were walking up to the gates of the Magic Kingdom.

There were a surprising number of checkpoints. First the bag check. I have to say that the security people at the bag check were so cheerful and kind. They didn't just check our bags, they cracked jokes, and got us laughing, and talked to A about her princess dress. Then we had to scan our magic bands to prove we were resort guests. Then another line to actually get into the park.

You know, one thing I never picked up from these boards or the blogs or the official website was how the first time you scanned your finger at the park gate would dictate the rest of the times it happened during your trip. We could have saved ourselves forty five really awkward seconds the next day at Epcot trying to figure out what finger we used if we had just payed attention that first day at Magic Kingdom.

Anyway, they didn't let anybody into the park!! I was expecting to be able to grab a coffee on main Street, but they kept us on the outside of the train station until 7:00. The kid really wanted to see the castle
View attachment 252770
View attachment 252773
We were finally let into the park and jumped into line with the first photopass photographer we saw. While we were waiting in line, a cast member came up to us and gave A a free Anna and Elsa balloon!! She was beside herself with happiness. She was much too distracted to take good photos, though :banghead:
View attachment 252771
View attachment 252774

There was no stage show so we headed into Tomorrowland to kick off our morning @Doc Disney style with Buzz Light-year, which was a walk on. Which I technically won, but neither one of us could really figure out where our laser was going. I thought it would have a bit more of a beam.... So we both did more of a "spray and pray" approach..
View attachment 252778
View attachment 252788

And then a quick hop over to the Speedway. A was beyond excited to drive her own racecar and had been talking about it for weeks. We spent a couple minutes in line discussing how the cars were powered. They obviously smelled of exhaust, but not enough smoke and exhaust were apparent to make it realistic that they were powered by gas. We guessed that they might be electric and Disney just pipes in the smell of exhaust. Either way, I can tell you I'm in no hurry to get back in a car with my daughter behind the wheel. She's a truly terrible driver :hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 252789
View attachment 252790

I literally chuckled out loud at your first paragraph.

21stamps

Day one continued-Christmas MK

From there we walked up to Winnie the Pooh, but this is where all my careful planning started going sideways...

The ride was a walk on, but A refused to walk onto it. Absolutely refused. The queue was a bit dark, and she's afraid of the dark. We weren't entirely sure she'd enjoy the ride anyway, so we weren't going to die on that hill. To bring her back to her happy place, we thought we'd make a quick stop in on Cinderella, so we headed for Princess Fairytale Hall. Except Cinderella wasn't there :(

We had a fastpass later for Rapunzel and Tiana, but they didn't have a line so we thought we'd do it now and then we could leave the park earlier. Not only did they have no line, but there was nobody else in the queue!! We had both princesses to ourselves for quite a few minutes. I wasn't sure if A was going to interact with them, because she cries hysterically around Santa, but she lept into Rapunzel's arms!!
View attachment 252808
They talked for a few minutes about her shoes and her dress and A wished her a Merry Christmas. Then gave her a really awkward but really adorable hug
View attachment 252807

With Tiana, she mostly told her about how disappointed she was that I hadn't painted her nails before we came
View attachment 252809
And she couldn't quite figure out how to hug her with her gigantic dress
View attachment 252810
But she wished her a Merry Christmas and off we went.

I love seeing this girly stuff!!!! I miss it all during my trips :(.
A is too adorable!

21stamps

Day one continued-Christmas MK

We headed down to the Merida meet and greet, which I had completely forgotten about. I wanted to get there at exactly 8:30 so we wouldn't have to wait long for it, but as luck would have it she wasn't meeting anyone until 8:45 anyway and we ended up being second in line! While we waited, I pulled out A's pocket pet toys I had bought for the airplane. It's two small dogs in a tiny plastic kennel that fit conveniently in my purse. Merida was fantastic. A wanted to show Merida her dress and her shoes and her toys.
View attachment 252888
View attachment 252890
View attachment 252891

By now it was almost 9 am and we're standing in a practically empty Fantasyland. So empty, in fact, that D even made a comment that it must not be a popular area of the park :hilarious::hilarious:

I was at a loss of what to do. We had experienced everything we had planned to this morning, but because there were zero wait times on anything and A was clearly not interested in any ride with a dark queue, I had no idea what we were supposed to do for the next 30 minutes before we could check in at BoG. I took off my sweater and put my hair in a ponytail because it was getting really hot and I can't really think when I'm overheating. Then I checked the app and had an idea!

I remember reading that lots of people avoid Enchanted Tales with Belle in the morning because the experience took twenty minutes and that time was too valuable to give up in the early hours of the day. Sure enough, the wait time was only 5 minutes!! We hadn't originally planned to do this "ride" because it seemed like a LOT of work just to meet Belle, but we had the time and it was one more princess my little princess could hug.

Sure enough, it was a LOT of work just to meet Belle :hilarious::hilarious: We walked into Maurice's cottage (which was adorable and the picture of toddler Belle we her mother was the cutest thing ever) and got to the room with the enchanted mirror. As the show started, A started getting really excited so I got a bit hopeful that she would enjoy the whole show instead of just the meet and greet. It wasn't the only time my hopes would be dashed:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The wardrobe and the cast member were busy handing out props and roles and because A was dressed like Anna from Frozen, it only made sense that she would be Maurice shivering in his cell. A did okay during practice as long as I held her
View attachment 252873

But she went full Santa during the show itself. Belle looked helplessly on as I tried to soothe her so she would stop hysterically crying and everyone in the audience laughed and commiserated. By the way, this is what I'm referring to when I say "full Santa"
View attachment 252876
But she quieted down and the show went on and pretty soon it was time to hug Belle and get a bookmark
View attachment 252877

Belle went off to her dinner with the beast and A immediately crumpled into a puddle of tears. She had forgotten to wish Belle a Merry Christmas :cry::cry:

We finally managed to convince her she could talk to Belle tomorrow, and walked out of the show. As soon as we got outside, A started doing all the movements for the show and talking about how fun it was to shiver like Maurice and March like the suits of armor, even though she hadn't done any of it :hilarious::hilarious:

From there we went to BoG for our reservation. By now, A was hyperfocused on getting back to the hotel so she could swim in the pool, so we walked around the castle a little bit and just grabbed a Master's Cupcake to go. From there, we headed out of the park.

View attachment 252881

Walking up main street towards the exit when 50 thousand of our closest friends were trying to enter the park was definitely overwhelming. This is what we were up against
View attachment 252880

It was 10:00 am and we were the ONLY people waiting on a bus to leave the parks.

Her face looks like she wasn’t too fond of the person taking your photo.

I’m impressed with how much you were able to accomplish that early! Sounds perfect!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom