It Could Always Be Worse - Hype Thread

Disney Warrior

Technically, my two-year anniversary will happen in early-mid December. ā€But wait, that sounds wrong!ā€ I first found this forum in 2019 (I believe 1SC S5E2 was going on), but I was a 12 year old and didnā€™t bother to make an email (and thus, an account) until May of this year. In an AU, I probably wouldā€™ve had an account on this forum for a year now, but this is not the case here.

D Hulk

Update on what Hulkā€™s been up to lately.

I write this to you from within SeaWorld San Antonio, the final stop on a quick three park jaunt across the mighty state of Texas. I am out hunting roller coasters. I am focused on increasing my coaster credit count.

In late September Iā€™ll be taking my very first trip to Orlando, where I will at last be 12 for 12 on Disney parks. (Magic Kingdom will be #12.) I will also be riding my 200th roller coaster at some point on the Orlando trip. I would very much like #200 to be Velocicoaster. Whoooo!

Disney Warrior

Update on what Hulkā€™s been up to lately.

I write this to you from within SeaWorld San Antonio, the final stop on a quick three park jaunt across the mighty state of Texas. I am out hunting roller coasters. I am focused on increasing my coaster credit count.

In late September Iā€™ll be taking my very first trip to Orlando, where I will at last be 12 for 12 on Disney parks. (Magic Kingdom will be #12.) I will also be riding my 200th roller coaster at some point on the Orlando trip. I would very much like #200 to be Velocicoaster. Whoooo!
Meanwhile I only have 18 credits, and I still havenā€™t even been to the best park in my city (Six Flags New England, although itā€™s in Mass, not RI) RI has literally no permanent coasters. The last coaster I rode in late june, but it was a dinky little dragon wagon at a carnival

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Meanwhile I only have 18 credits, and I still havenā€™t even been to the best park in my city (Six Flags New England, although itā€™s in Mass, not RI) RI has literally no permanent coasters. The last coaster I rode in late june, but it was a dinky little dragon wagon at a carnival
Lmao, at least your coaster credits are in the 10's...

tcool123

I believe my coaster count is in the 20s?

In Miami we have the fair and Santas Enchanted Gorest so brings my count up to about five, albeit theyā€™re all off the shelf.

Ive ridden all 4 coasters at Seaworld Orlando, and 5 if you count Journey to Atlantis. Ive done all the coasters at Busch Gardens Tampa sans Skeikra so I believe thatā€™s 7 more coasters. At Legoland Florida I rode 4 coasters although I donā€™t remember a lot of them.

At Universal Studios Orlando Iā€™ve done all four of the coasters (Rockit, Mummy, Gringotts and Woddy Woodpecker) and all of the modern coasters at Islands of Adventure (Hulk, Velocicoaster, Hippogriff and Hagrids) adding 8 more to the count.

At Disney Iā€™ve ridden all of the current rollercoasters (Thunder, Space, 7 Dwarfs, Goofy, Everest, Slinky and Rocknroller) adding an extra 7.

The final two were the sole two coasters I rode in Six Flags Atlanta about a decade ago.

This brings my total to 38! Thatā€™s a lot more than I realized, and if include extinct coasters then 39 thanks to Primeval Whirl.

D Hulk

View attachment 572238

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

It Could Always Be CHAOTIC!!!!

While we await the start of this outrageous exercise in outlandish entertainment, I wanna know your Top Four favorite dining experiences in all of Disney Parks worldwide!! Anything counts from high end restaurants all the way to your favorite snack carts!!

Teganā€™s Top 4:

1The Garden Grill at The Land pavilion in Epcot

Delicious food, much of it grown in the pavilion the restaurant is located in. And on top of that, the restaurant gently and slowly rotates through scenes from that very ride, offering spectacular views not usually possible to see! And Mickey and friends wander about the dining area to meet and greet guests!! Perfect!

1B. Sunshine Seasons at The Land pavilion in Epcot

Can you tell I love The Land? My favorite ride in all of Disney, and both of my favorite eateries, one of which interacts with that very ride! Thatā€™s not even getting into Soarinā€™ and the Harvest Theater. Sunshine Seasons is a simple food court, but the scent of that food is one of the very first things to greet you every time you first step foot in the pavilion, and it is purely intoxicating!! I absolutely love to just relax in the seating area and take it all in; the architecture, the sounds, the wall carpet, all the kinetic energy of people moving around and going up and down the stairs and escalators, the queue for Living With The Land,ā€¦perfection. This is part of why I feel like The Land is truly the quintessential ā€œEPCOTā€ pavilion.

I decided these two count together in a sense because a lot of what I love about them both is tied directly to the experience of the pavilion as a whole.

2. Katsura Grill at Japan in Epcot

Look, Iā€™m an Epcot gal! It was truly close between this spot and Teppan Edo, but I truly adore the atmosphere here; it feels very connected to the rest of World Showcase and I just love that. Also sushi. Lots and lots of sushi.

3. Maya Grill at Coronado Springs Resort

Iā€™ve only been here once but it was so memorable! Great food, great drinks, and a delightful but relaxed atmosphere! Definitely a place I need to revisit again in the future!

4. Polynesian Luau at Polynesian Resort

One of the signature dining experiences in all of Walt Disney World, thereā€™s just nothing like it! If youā€™ve never been, check out some clips on YouTube! Even as a vegetarian (and I think I was vegan last time I was here), with a meal that was so heavily focused on meat, I was absolutely stuffed after the dinner show was over! They seriously know how to feed you here!

What are your top four?!
200.gif

HULKā€™S TOP FOUR DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCES!

Dole Whips in the Enchanted Tiki Room, Disneyland
This is the sort of dining adventure, combining a unique treat with great themed entertainment, which you can only enjoy inside a theme park. Itā€™s a very simple multi-sensory experience, tasting the flavor of the tropics while birdies serenade overhead. And itā€™s one of the simplest Disney dining experiences to arrange, at least in Anaheim, where throughout the day whenever you get tired itā€™s so easy to get into the pre-show Dole line (usually shorter), and get off your feet in cooling AC for 20 minutes and recharge.

Carthay Circle, DCA
This was my first experience doing a truly proper table service restaurant inside a theme park, not something merely adequate like Blue Bayou but something which I might consider visiting if it werenā€™t inside a ticketed setting. The overall subdued ambiance is a welcome respite from the go-go-go zaniness of the park outside, lending DCA a much-needed adult vibe and granting it a calmer pace compared to Disneyland, which very much benefits DCA. Letā€™s add the Carthay Circle Lounge downstairs as well, since Iā€™ve done that one more oftenā€¦it doesnā€™t require reservations. Itā€™s my favorite bar on property, outside of possibly Trader Samā€™s, largely since it too offers that midday in-park respite. For a period of time the bartenders there knew me by name.

Vulcania, Tokyo DisneySea
While the nearby Magellanā€™s is DisneySeaā€™s most celebrated eatery (with its table service refinement similar to Carthay Circle), I prefer the Vulcania buffeteria in Mysterious Island. This is the most inspired theming Iā€™ve found inside a park, with the entire dining hall carved from the volcano interior and the food cooked in steampunk thermal vents by Captain Nemoā€™s crew. Vulcania perfectly continues the seamless land-wide theming of Mysterious Island, benefiting from the amazing caldera interior of Mt. Prometheus. The food isnā€™t too bad either: Chinese noodles catered to a Japanese palate, which is always a unique flavor combo to my Western tastebuds.

Cheesecake Factory, DisneyTown, Shanghai Disneyland
Yes, itā€™s a bog standard Cheesecake Factory, the same as youā€™d find anyplace. But consider my personal context! Iā€™d just completed a month of trekking across the width and breadth of Mainland China, climbing the mountains, riding the trains, and eating nothing but Chinese food that whole time. Which was delicious! But I gave in when I reached Disney at the tripā€™s end, and I ordered the most American thing I could fathom: a bacon cheeseburger with a milkshake. These flavors were a welcome familiar shock in this context. That really hit the spot.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen šŸ’œ
Premium Member
200.gif

HULKā€™S TOP FOUR DISNEY DINING EXPERIENCES!

Dole Whips in the Enchanted Tiki Room, Disneyland
This is the sort of dining adventure, combining a unique treat with great themed entertainment, which you can only enjoy inside a theme park. Itā€™s a very simple multi-sensory experience, tasting the flavor of the tropics while birdies serenade overhead. And itā€™s one of the simplest Disney dining experiences to arrange, at least in Anaheim, where throughout the day whenever you get tired itā€™s so easy to get into the pre-show Dole line (usually shorter), and get off your feet in cooling AC for 20 minutes and recharge.

Carthay Circle, DCA
This was my first experience doing a truly proper table service restaurant inside a theme park, not something merely adequate like Blue Bayou but something which I might consider visiting if it werenā€™t inside a ticketed setting. The overall subdued ambiance is a welcome respite from the go-go-go zaniness of the park outside, lending DCA a much-needed adult vibe and granting it a calmer pace compared to Disneyland, which very much benefits DCA. Letā€™s add the Carthay Circle Lounge downstairs as well, since Iā€™ve done that one more oftenā€¦it doesnā€™t require reservations. Itā€™s my favorite bar on property, outside of possibly Trader Samā€™s, largely since it too offers that midday in-park respite. For a period of time the bartenders there knew me by name.

Vulcania, Tokyo DisneySea
While the nearby Magellanā€™s is DisneySeaā€™s most celebrated eatery (with its table service refinement similar to Carthay Circle), I prefer the Vulcania buffeteria in Mysterious Island. This is the most inspired theming Iā€™ve found inside a park, with the entire dining hall carved from the volcano interior and the food cooked in steampunk thermal vents by Captain Nemoā€™s crew. Vulcania perfectly continues the seamless land-wide theming of Mysterious Island, benefiting from the amazing caldera interior of Mt. Prometheus. The food isnā€™t too bad either: Chinese noodles catered to a Japanese palate, which is always a unique flavor combo to my Western tastebuds.

Cheesecake Factory, DisneyTown, Shanghai Disneyland
Yes, itā€™s a bog standard Cheesecake Factory, the same as youā€™d find anyplace. But consider my personal context! Iā€™d just completed a month of trekking across the width and breadth of Mainland China, climbing the mountains, riding the trains, and eating nothing but Chinese food that whole time. Which was delicious! But I gave in when I reached Disney at the tripā€™s end, and I ordered the most American thing I could fathom: a bacon cheeseburger with a milkshake. These flavors were a welcome familiar shock in this context. That really hit the spot.
I knew you would mention a few spots from the international parks and you did not disappoint!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom