It Could Always Be Worse - Hype Thread

tcool123

Did someone order concept art for a scrapped trackless dark ride featuring a random ride path with the framing device of a 1950's B-Movie Drive In? No? Well here you go anyways!

1627426001614.png

1627426033251.png

1627426067392.png

Definitely an older plan as it incoporates AHS: Freak Show which is now a Disney property, but with that said I think this is a really interesting and unique concept. Hopefully it gets made one day at some Universal park as it seems to lean away from the screens, have a decent capacity, and honestly reminds me of the Great Movie Ride just in the modern century.

Can anyone tell what scenes are which? Obviously there's The Bride of Frankenstein at the beginning, and as I mentioned there is a scene based on AHS: Freak Show, but what else is there?

I think the Diner/Gasoline Station is a scene based off House of 1000 Corpses, but I haven't watched enough Horror beyond that to really identify anything. Zooming in the figure in white to the left is actually donning a clown mask so my mind goes to Killer Klowns, but I don't recall any in all white like that.

Chaos Cat

Did someone order concept art for a scrapped trackless dark ride featuring a random ride path with the framing device of a 1950's B-Movie Drive In? No? Well here you go anyways!

View attachment 575097
View attachment 575099
View attachment 575100

Definitely an older plan as it incoporates AHS: Freak Show which is now a Disney property, but with that said I think this is a really interesting and unique concept. Hopefully it gets made one day at some Universal park as it seems to lean away from the screens, have a decent capacity, and honestly reminds me of the Great Movie Ride just in the modern century.

Can anyone tell what scenes are which? Obviously there's The Bride of Frankenstein at the beginning, and as I mentioned there is a scene based on AHS: Freak Show, but what else is there?

I think the Diner/Gasoline Station is a scene based off House of 1000 Corpses, but I haven't watched enough Horror beyond that to really identify anything. Zooming in the figure in white to the left is actually donning a clown mask so my mind goes to Killer Klowns, but I don't recall any in all white like that.
Holy crap, this is awesome! Why the heck did they scrap this?

tcool123

View attachment 575097
View attachment 575099
View attachment 575100

Did some digging around the concept artists site ( http://www.johnwiersma.com/ ) and found some other things that aren't yet fully released!

The new exit for Spaceship Earth, or at least a possible concept for it:

1627427205361.png

I can't tell if we have seen this before or not, and this is the only thing not classified from this project on his site beyond that he is leading the design for the new Spaceship Earth. I absolutely love the world map on the top, and how much glass is in the base it really opens the area up. I think this has a semblance of truth just because we know the new Creations giftshop nearby features a heavy usage of glass.

Now for all the Drag Race fans on this site get ready for RuPaul's Drag Race: The RuSperience!

1627427627285.png

Much like Spaceship Earth this is all we have, but unlike Spaceship Earth we have the whole thing kinda shown off! Seems like we have an Untucked Lounge area, the Werk Room, an area to take photos with Confessional Walls, and of course the runway. Very interesting concept IMO.

tcool123

Holy crap, this is awesome! Why the heck did they scrap this?
Could be a couple reasons my best guess is that due to budget cuts due to the COVID-19 pandemic alongside a desire to expedite construction of Epic Universe ended up seeing attractions that wouldn't be able to headliners for the general public be cut. I would imagine Monsters and How to Train Your Dragon are the lands likely the most affected by this ideology, if this proves true.

My other guess is that is just wouldn't fit theme of the land if the land is supposed to be set in the realm of the monsters versus you entering the realm via a movie.

Disney Warrior

Time to ask a question (even though my name isn’t @MickeyWaffleCo. )

What is the worst (or one of the worst) songs that you’ve ever heard?
For me, I have two.

I hate the song “You’re Beautiful“ by James Blunt with a passion. In fact, hearing it on the radio today made me want to ask that question. This song is just so annoying (even worse than Baby by Justin Bieber) and it is also boring at the same time. Thank god this man is a one-hit wonder, this song makes ”It’s Everyday Bro” and the aforementioned “Baby” sound like BTS or Post Malone.

Also, I dislike WAP by Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion. This song has way too much swearing, which is funny as I like “Rap God” by Eminem, “Rockstar” by DaBaby, “The Box” by Roddy Ricch, and many Post Malone songs, which do have swearing. In fact, I’ve only ever listened to a clean version of WAP and I didn’t even listen to the full song because it got boring after a minute. Ironically, I actually like some of Cardi’s and Megan’s other songs and features, but WAP? Don’t waste your time on it, thank me later.

tcool123

Don’t waste your time on it, thank me later.
For me I actually love WAP, I play it pretty frequently. I think it’s very fun, a good beat, and all around a good time for myself. Is it my favorite song from Cardi or Megan? Nope I prefer Cardi’s Up or I Like it Like That and for Megan Savage is always a great jam.

For me I dont realy have a song I straight out hate cause I wouldn’t listen to it but odds are something country as it’s a genre that mostly irritates me based on the sound.

NateD1226

The day isn’t even halfway over and there has been so much entertainment news. So far we have the House Of Gucci Poster/Trailer, a Hawkeye Release Date, Ms. Marvel being pushed back to 2022, J.K. Simmons is back as Commissioner Gordan, and (the cherry on top) ScarJo is suing Disney. What’s next? I’m taking bets!!!

Disney Warrior

The day isn’t even halfway over and there has been so much entertainment news. So far we have the House Of Gucci Poster/Trailer, a Hawkeye Release Date, Ms. Marvel being pushed back to 2022, J.K. Simmons is back as Commissioner Gordan, and (the cherry on top) ScarJo is suing Disney. What’s next? I’m taking bets!!!
Yesterday Six Flags Fiesta Texas announced a B&M Dive Coaster for 2022 (and its not themed after a superhero, yes, this is six flags)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom