Trip Report It’s broken. A Loco Christmas TR!

Hello everyone!
Robin Williams Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

We just got back yesterday from our weeklong stay at WDW and as promised, I am here to deliver a full blown loco_driver TR. I have about a million pictures to sort through still, but we have enough to get started. Let’s do this!

When: December 4-11

Who: Me and the wife A, or Mrs. Loco if you will. Pickle the dog would not be making the trip.
AC019E81-51C5-47AE-995D-50A3ED5A55B6.jpeg

Where: Split stay between OKW and Riviera.
D2CEF442-9711-4FB8-BE08-37657CE7A919.jpeg

07FC2E4A-4D34-4CCC-9350-E9FC18BD9D22.jpeg

With all the formalities out of the way, let’s do it to it!

Minnesota disney fan

I have no direct knowledge about any of the CM responsibilities. I do have a few friends who were CMs many years ago who told me that it was everyone’s responsibility to pick up trash as soon as they saw it. Didn’t matter if it was a CP kid or Bob Chapek himself. If they saw trash, they picked it up. Clearly that’s not a priority anymore.
Yes, we were surprised at that remark. They said it was the rides CM's who are resonsible for that attractions trash pickup. That didn't make sense to me at all. How can they work the attraction and be responsible for trash. It sounded like passing the buck to me.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Well thanks to omicron, I’m gonna have plenty of home time this week to finish this TR.
Omicron GIF by South Park

Day seven continued.

Our final meal would be lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern.
47294A36-1491-4315-852D-93EA88DB146F.jpeg

“Food”
27B44A85-AFB2-4539-95DC-78D1A38D8AE6.jpeg

Actual food. I really enjoyed the pot roast this time.
8F571C2F-40F2-45F8-A5C8-169F4B82B0DE.jpeg

@Tuvalu , this seemed better than before. Did they change it again?
2072415F-6123-4EEA-81B1-8C28D330A74B.jpeg

What better place to go after such a big meal?
1EFC0E8D-EFE7-4F82-93C7-716C0B0570DA.jpeg

4A85EBCA-99DF-4D72-8C8D-16AF7461C731.jpeg

A picture of some robotic presidents and a mention of Covid in the same post?
200.gif

E8582B48-0B88-4229-8EE6-44B062A284BB.jpeg

The newest version of the show plays it as safe as possible, and in doing so lacks any emotion at all.

It was time to use that bonus LL we still had thanks to skipper Carl.
3D86F7D8-58C1-4A9E-A8EE-1827CEC00B5F.jpeg

Look @Laurenciaa they almost match! 🤣
B84641A4-A4D3-4165-8EE8-6D38BE5FCAFB.jpeg

We were glad we got a chance to do HM one last time, since we likely would’ve skipped it without our pal Carl coming through for us.
66D36AF6-9970-446F-AF6B-6530DA92E46E.jpeg

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Day seven continued.

We were getting low on time. I had one last attraction I needed to see.
9DA451EA-D33F-462B-9C99-422CDB11B1E4.jpeg

E0D5CE82-9C0B-45AB-AC72-E5F3716FAB17.jpeg

4AA341DD-669F-4814-B9D2-31EEC5AADCA7.jpeg

A told me she wanted to look on Main Street for a few things for me so we once again split up. I stuck around Frontierland/Liberty Square. I was browsing the Frontierland trading post when I heard cavalcade music start up. It was Mickey and friends again.
F8DDD9B0-F4E0-4DEF-A51C-6D5DCCAE00A1.jpeg

DFF95D0A-1AD7-4A3C-A023-0B832CB640D3.jpeg
652EA076-9F4B-4E72-82CC-8ED3C5D43880.jpeg

A watched that same cavalcade form Main Street.
923EDCF1-B657-4C22-98EB-BC418FD23B03.jpeg

7C786C34-C771-4EF4-939A-311F8A131D0C.jpeg

1C45C0FD-2F87-4E5F-9F6C-5032A671F403.jpeg

307B5924-30A1-4129-A6E9-280C151EC57C.jpeg

Last edited:

sheriffwoody

The host was Bart Millard
Pausing in my binge of your report. We had Mercy Me as our Scholarship Banquet performers once (the first year it was a band instead of a political figure, which I was more than ok with!) They were so friendly! I do the photos of the guests with our "VIP" people...so the people who sponsor tables and they were so personable and easy to be around. Sometimes my jaw gets sore from plastering a fake smile on around people, but they were awesome, especially Bart. So glad you got to see him host!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Ooey Gooey Cake returned to its traditional recipe in the fall of 2020, so if you haven’t eaten at LTT since then it would look/taste different to you.

That said, the dessert is temperamental and can taste better (or worse) depending on if it is served warm or room temperature. It needs to be warm for the cake to be gooey and the ice cream to partially melt for that yummy warm/cold contrast.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Pausing in my binge of your report. We had Mercy Me as our Scholarship Banquet performers once (the first year it was a band instead of a political figure, which I was more than ok with!) They were so friendly! I do the photos of the guests with our "VIP" people...so the people who sponsor tables and they were so personable and easy to be around. Sometimes my jaw gets sore from plastering a fake smile on around people, but they were awesome, especially Bart. So glad you got to see him host!
Glad to hear he’s as nice as he appears. His narration seemed genuine and heartfelt.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Ooey Gooey Cake returned to its traditional recipe in the fall of 2020, so if you haven’t eaten at LTT since then it would look/taste different to you.

That said, the dessert is temperamental and can taste better (or worse) depending on if it is served warm or room temperature. It needs to be warm for the cake to be gooey and the ice cream to partially melt for that yummy warm/cold contrast.
We had not eaten at LTT since summer 2019. The cake was indeed gooey and warm. Much better than what we’d previously had.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Day 7 continued.

Let’s finish this thing shall we?

A texted me to let me know she was ready to meet back up on Main Street. I got stuck behind tinker bell trying to get there.
B9D936DB-02D4-4B45-9B3C-9FBCBC9B3C60.jpeg

It was fun having everyone scream and wave at me!
574D60FE-0B7D-484C-B0B2-7A870FA7BF0D.jpeg

We grabbed a few last minute things from the new confectionery before heading out.
F9935E4E-6F01-43A6-9C8B-573B7AC2BA47.jpeg

One more set of pictures on our way out.
92D19A84-7263-4F65-864B-24459184F63B.jpeg

8787B8B6-BCDC-4BCB-AA19-A7DAA4FCF8C8.jpeg

And with that, our trip had come to an end. We made it back to riviera and hopped in the car for the trip home. We only drove to Tallahassee that night instead of the all nighter.
5B094AEA-5BD8-4018-96EE-1195349C3EFE.jpeg

Coming up: final thoughts.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Well thanks to omicron, I’m gonna have plenty of home time this week to finish this TR.

Hoping this means your quarantining and not sick. 🤞

impressive darth vader GIF

I’m pretty sure I can fall asleep during HoP even right after coffee. After a big meal? I’d probably fall asleep in the lobby. 🥱😴

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Hoping this means your quarantining and not sick. 🤞
We both tested positive this morning. Had some pretty mild symptoms this weekend. Down to just sore throat and occasional cough now. DR thinks I’ll be ready to go back to work by the end of this week if I continue to improve. I’m sure I’ll wait until next week just to be safe. A has only had a slight headache and low fever. The real concern right now is us keeping our sanity locked up in the house together!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
We both tested positive this morning. Had some pretty mild symptoms this weekend. Down to just sore throat and occasional cough now. DR thinks I’ll be ready to go back to work by the end of this week if I continue to improve. I’m sure I’ll wait until next week just to be safe. A has only had a slight headache and low fever. The real concern right now is us keeping our sanity locked up in the house together!

Aww dang. Wishing you both a quick and easy recovery.

LeighM

Sorry yall caught the covid. I kept up my tradition of getting sick after my Disney trip. My covid test came back negative so it was more than likely RSV. Still coughing from that. I hope yall can get back to normal lives sooner than later. My husband and I can happily spend weeks at home - until we're forced to. Then we want to become social butterflies LOL.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Hope you are better soon.

About six weeks ago my teen (who like most teens can spend HOURS shut away in her room), very responsibly asked me to get her a test appointment when she was informed by a friend that they tested positive and she was starting to have a sore throat. Even though this was just before Omicron, the PCR results took about a day and a half to come in. Every couple of hours she would do the dramatic teen moan ”it’s soooooo loooooong waiting”.

I don’t know how she would have coped if the results had been positive and she needed to stay at home for a full quarantine ! 😆

Laurenciaa

Day seven continued.

Our final meal would be lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern.
View attachment 613153

“Food”
View attachment 613154

Actual food. I really enjoyed the pot roast this time.
View attachment 613155

@Tuvalu , this seemed better than before. Did they change it again?
View attachment 613156

View attachment 613157
View attachment 613158

A picture of some robotic presidents and a mention of Covid in the same post?
200.gif

View attachment 613163
The newest version of the show plays it as safe as possible, and in doing so lacks any emotion at all.

It was time to use that bonus LL we still had thanks to skipper Carl.
View attachment 613160

Look @Laurenciaa they almost match! 🤣
View attachment 613161

We were glad we got a chance to do HM one last time, since we likely would’ve skipped it without our pal Carl coming through for us.
View attachment 613162
I APPROVE!

sheriffwoody

Ugh so sorry you got sick! It's coming for all of us, it seems :cautious: We're supposed to leave this coming Monday and I'm not going to believe it's happening until we step foot in our first park. Between sickness and flight insanity, I feel like there's only a 30% chance we'll actually make it there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom