ISTCrew's May 11th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Hi all of you. Guess what I got? Nope, not a Lucky Cookie...I have an UPDATE for all the boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen to read.

So lets start at Magic Kingdom

~Look what is under rehab yet again. It's that lovely Hat Stand turned DVC booth.
100_0792.jpg

~I went and saw SGE again for the first time since the original version premiered. I thought the first version was an OK attraction. I didn't hate it, but it certainly wasn't a favorite. After hearing so much about the upgrades, I decided to give it a try. The preshows remained the same, but the actual show did recieve some improvements. The most notable one being how Stitch is now projected on the walls. It lights the chamber up alot and it's almost spooky to just see the shadow of Stitch. The ending is also better than the old version.

~Regis and Kelly started filming in the park today. Here is a picture of the stage.
100_0791.jpg

~As dorky as this may sound, I'm telling you, it is the coolest thing. As many of you know, the new Disneyland 6 cd set, aswell as the official 50th anniversary cd (both are avaliable at WDW) contain the new Disneyland Space Mountain track. (It's the ride audio that will play on their new version of Space Mountain.) So anyway, I have that track on my MP3 player, and I just so happened to have my MP3 player in my bookbag with me today. Going up the lift hill on Space Mountain, I got the idea to play the Disneyland audio track on WDW's Space Mountain. I started the audio at the very top of the lift hill. I'm telling you, it was awesome. The audio matched the ride perfectly, and the audio ended right when the ride did. The best part was when the music got louder and more intense in the re-entry tunnel. For anyone looking to try something new, I highly suggest doing this little experiment.

Animal Kingdom News

Here is a close-up of some of the EE rockwork. Pictures do not do it justice. It is really detailed.
100_0783.jpg

~I saw Lucky today. It's a really impressive figure, but it makes for a crowd control nightmare. It comes out by Primeval Whirl, goes through by the boneyard, swings left by Resturauntosaurus, and then continues going through that way. It creates a bottleneck at the entrance of Dinoland, and the figure had to stop a few times due to people getting in the way. Here's one picture I got, even though it may be kind of hard to see Lucky ... ... ...
100_0789.jpg

~A Pocahontas photo op is out in front of the park (where Bambi was) advertising the new 10th Anniversary DVD.

~Did someone say LUCKY COOKIES?!?! I found these little beauties at the Contemporary. They are really good, even if they are just sugar cookies.
100_0793.jpg

Disney MGM News

~The "Stage 15" sign is missing off of 2 sides of the RNRC show building:
100_0802.jpg

Also, one train on the RNRC has bags covering the restraints in the back car, and they were not loading it all day.

~After it was gone for MONTHS (it may of even been a year) look what has finally retuned:
100_0794.jpg

~Some more random notes:
-Incredibles posters have been replaced with Chicken Little posters outside the Animation Tour
-Mickey's of Hollywood has having it's facade spruced up.
-And I will leave you guys with the menu offering for the NEW Studio Catering Co., which was open and serving it's new type of food today:
100_0797.jpg

DanStat

Good.

Cool update. Glad to hear your positive reaction to the reworked Stitch. I was worried that a lot of people didn't like it.

no2apprentice

Nice pictures. Good job!

I hope Regis and Kelly are gone when we go to WDW later this month. Nothing against them, I just don't want to see a stage when I first enter Main Street.

And what do you mean, only sugar cookies? Any cookie is a good cookie! :slurp: :lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The artwork on that cookie looks really cool.
Question: Is it a really big cookie, or a really small plate?

Figment1986

no2apprentice said:
Nice pictures. Good job!

I hope Regis and Kelly are gone when we go to WDW later this month. Nothing against them, I just don't want to see a stage when I first enter Main Street.

They will be finnishing on thursday.. so i would probably guess stage gone by saturday... maby friday.... :lol:

Great photos... Like always....

(not bad menu....)

diddy_mouse

dude! i totally saw that hair in the Lucky picture...my exact words were: "holy jebus!"

anywayz....nice update and glad to hear that Stitch has some improvements. i still look foward to seeing it. oh and that cookie looked scrum-diddly-ump-tious :slurp:

tigger248

1stStarIC2nite said:
OMG THE HAIR!!!! :lol: I can't believe I missed it the first time (see Lucky picture)..

That's exactly what I was thinking! :lol:

Thanks for the update Patrick. I always enjoy reading them.

dxwwf3

I HIGHLY doubt you'll see me eat at the Studio Catering Co. anytime in the remote future :lol:

There are some nice items that I've only heard of from Seinfeld though: Gyros and Hummus. They should add Mutton, Vegetable Lasagna, Egg Plant Parmesian, and Mulligatawny soup and turn it into the "Obscure Food From Seinfeld Co."

Lauriebar

Thanks for the update, Patrick!!

Glad to see that the Little Mermaid sign is back in place, it seemed so empty without her!

SirGoofy

dxwwf3 said:
I HIGHLY doubt you'll see me eat at the Studio Catering Co. anytime in the remote future :lol:

There are some nice items that I've only heard of from Seinfeld though: Gyros and Hummus. They should add Mutton, Vegetable Lasagna, Egg Plant Parmesian, and Mulligatawny soup and turn it into the "Obscure Food From Seinfeld Co."

And some chocolate bobdca(sp?) and junior mints for dessert. :lol:

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Sir Hiss527 said:
Nice update Patrick

btw..did you ever get your job at Disney?
Yea lol. I have been working there since last November. I have a picture in my album of me at work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom