ISTCrew's December 22nd WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Hey guys. Sorry this update was not up last night, but I had the flu and went right to bed. Tifani and I went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot yesterday. So lets get this thing started...here are the updates:

Magic Kingdom News

~The "Seven Dwarves Mine" shop right outside the Snow White ride has been changed from selling Snow White related merchandise, to a small food stand, selling chips, apples, cookies, and sodas.

~Can anyone point out what is missing here?
SVI_6542.jpg

This was at the Fastpass entrance to Mickey's Philharmagic. The sign is gone. This is what is supposed to be there: (sorry, I only have a back view)
SVI_4394.jpg

~Part of the construction wall at the front of the park has been taken down.
SVI_6538.jpg

~Astro Orbiter is indeed down, and should be back up Spring 2005.

~Rockwork is continuing on Ariel's Grotto, even though the area is still open.

Epcot News

~Messages are now being projected onto SpaceShip Earth at the end of the night. It was a green light, and after Illuminations, it said good bye/good night in every language. It also said "Season's Greetings" and had projected snow falling down SpaceShip Earth.

~A temporary food eatery is set up in the West breezeway, where the pizza restaurant used to be.

~Tifani and I stayed for Illuminations. The regular show was great, but the "Peace on Earth" ending made that show better than any fireworks show I had seen in my life. The end of that show has to be seen to be believed. We were watching it from the Mexico pavilion, and there were so many fireworks at end, you could feel the bones in your chest rattle.

Resort News

~The Polynesion shop across from Captain Cooks has been closed for awhile now. When we went back, they had built a wall around the entire shop, and it is now home to bathrooms. They also removed the surf-ware shop near the back of the building, and put in a Wyland Galleries shop. So, with the Snow White shop gone, and then these two...that makes 3 shops Disney has removed!

That's it for today. And Tifani, Me, and the COP queue wish you a...

TIFCHRIST.jpg

se8472

great update as normal!

I did notice mickey was MIA in phillhar, its kind of weird just seeing the bolts there.

and Illuminations does rock beyond anything else, if you can, make all efforts to see it!

imagineersrock

thanks for the update as usual!

So patrick, how is being a CM working out for ya? (I saw a pic in your photo album and couldn't help but ask!) :)

DisneyWorld30th

That green light that is on Spaceship Earth is a laser projected from the America Pavilion!

They used to project the world on the back of Spaceship Earth during the Millenium Celebration!

Lauriebar

Thanks for the update!!

One question...when you say the surf shop in the back of the Poly, do you mean all of it including the high end menswear and ladieswear? Or just the portion that sells Roxy and swim suits?

1stStarIC2nite

Wow.. Illuminations sounds great! It actually sounds a lot like the July 4th ending... it was incredible. I never, ever, saw that many fireworks in my life. It was truly amazing. I wish I could see a video of the x-mas version, and since I don't have a WDWMagic pass, that's kinda hard. :brick: :cry:

Oh! The projections are awesome. They did that after the 4th fireworks too, except images of America....

Ahhh!! The Phlly sign is missing!!! I liked that one too... maybe they're replacing it with a new one?

Great update as usual! Merry Christmahannakwanzidad!!! :D

Miss Bell

They are selling apples outside of Snow White's Scary Adventure--lol. I wonder how many kids run from their parent in fear when they offer them an apple from there.

Great update, as usual...I wish I could see Illuminations for the holidays, but, alas, will have to wait til summer. I bet they stop showing the holiday stuff before then. :lol:

wannabeBelle

imagineersrock said:
thanks for the update as usual!

So patrick, how is being a CM working out for ya? (I saw a pic in your photo album and couldn't help but ask!) :)
OK Did I miss something as per usual?? Patrick when did you get hired?? What are you doing?? Are you having a good time with it?? When did this happen?? Oh my so many questions!!!! Best of luck with the new position!!!! Belle

Foolish Mortal

Patrick, your dead on about the Illuminations ending !!! I was so impressed I had to see it twice on my recent trip. If anyone has a chance to see it, do it. But be warned, it's ETREMELY loud. Small children may scare easily. It's worth a trip by itself. Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm. Hello, USAIR.....

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
wannabeBelle said:
OK Did I miss something as per usual?? Patrick when did you get hired?? What are you doing?? Are you having a good time with it?? When did this happen?? Oh my so many questions!!!! Best of luck with the new position!!!! Belle

Lol. I got hired awhile back. I work Outdoor Foods at Magic Kingdom. (Outdoor foods meaning Ice Cream and Popcorn). I really, really like it. Tifani is also a Disney castmember, working at the Emporium. Jason, the boy that was with us when we met you, just became a castmember too, working Food and Bverage at MGM. We all love it.

there is a picture of me working in my photo album (speaking of that, more pictures will be added soon).

For anyone visiting the parks, I will be working the whole week after Christmas :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom