ISTCrew's August 2nd WDW Update

Horizons1

Great update as usual. And yeah school also starts for me thursday. Too much school and not enough summer. :dazzle:

Figment1986

Nicve update... I go back to Heck I mean school monday... (I got the best scedual... english, sign landugae,,,, then band for rest of day... hehe im a senior too... I love this heack...)

SpenceMan01

Nice update. Keep 'em commin!!

As far as schools go, I am in college in MN. We don't start until Tuesday Sept 7th. :cool: Bad new is that because it's a leap year, we have a crappy finals week for Fall Semester. Usually we have our final class day on Friday, then finals the next week. Well, this year we end classes on Friday Dec. 17th, Finals are Sat. the 18th, and then M-Th, 20-23. Right before Christmas :( . Luckily the Finals schedule is already out, and I don't have any on Saturday!

SewIn2Disney

SpenceMan01 said:
Nice update. Keep 'em commin!!

As far as schools go, I am in college in MN. We don't start until Tuesday Sept 7th. :cool: Bad new is that because it's a leap year, we have a crappy finals week for Fall Semester. Usually we have our final class day on Friday, then finals the next week. Well, this year we end classes on Friday Dec. 17th, Finals are Sat. the 18th, and then M-Th, 20-23. Right before Christmas :( . Luckily the Finals schedule is already out, and I don't have any on Saturday!
You're final schedule is already out? We don't get ours until the week before!
We go back August 30th (college). The district in my town go back the first week in Sept. but they don't get out until the third week in June. Last year because of the snow days they didn't get out until June 30th! Talk about the heat of the summer!

In any way...thanks for the update! I love them!

EpcotGrl

ISTCrew20 said:
--Also, the "Something is Afoot" sign on the Everest construction wall has been torn up, and now reads "S Afoo"
*giggles* For no apparent reason, this is insanely funny to me. Like the new catchphrase will be "S Afoo t Ama Kindm"...

Apparently I shouldn't be at work today ;)

kammybug

Thanks for taking the time to update us so often. :wave:

Talk about starting school early....My daughter started junior high on July 30th. They get out at the end of May. It works out for them only having like 8 weeks for summer break. But they're also out of school for a week in October, November, February, and April and are out for 2 weeks for Winter break around Christmas and New Years.

Gucci65

kammybug said:
Thanks for taking the time to update us so often. :wave:

Talk about starting school early....My daughter started junior high on July 30th. They get out at the end of May. It works out for them only having like 8 weeks for summer break. But they're also out of school for a week in October, November, February, and April and are out for 2 weeks for Winter break around Christmas and New Years.

Which county is this? Gwinnett goes back 8/9/04 and the kids don't get a week off in October or February. Give it time and the whole State of Georgia will adjust their yearly schedule to: 6 weeks in school, then 2 weeks off, 6 wks in, 2 wks off, etc. :fork:

aimster

Man, when I was in school we never started until after Labor Day!

Only exception was college, which started at the end of August.

surfsupdon

Thanks for the news.

I'm sure the Splash Mtn queue wil be modified come peak/holiday seasons. They will need the interior to herd Guests up like cattle and stack them like a box of shrimp. Did I jsut say that?!

I do like the idea of walking through the mountain, I enjoy a briskly moving queue at some point.

kammybug

Gucci65 - We live in Newton County. You're right, I think year round schooling will find itsself state wide before too many more years go by.

the-reason14

Thanks Patrick for the update. :wave:

I hate the new fastpass/standby line thing on splash mountain. A couple a weeks ago when we were there it was like that, and I was hoping it was just for our first week and that the second week it would be like it was in 2003. My dad thinks its probably because of safety reasons. The cave is pretty tight, and hes guessing that some ignorant ppl in the standby line maybe getting a little tired of seeing fastpassing ppl go by, and they're getting a little upset. And when the fastpass line builds up the stanby people are like right next to them, and they could possibly start harassing them. I also dont understand why the moniter isnt working were you get to preview your picture before you get off the ride. And the moniter in the cave where they use to show you pictures of other people going down the mountain, and that one with brer bear in it.

But the newer line, I found more people being adjactated in the stanby and fastpass line. they let a certain amount of people go into the cave, and that basically messes things up like you said in your update. But if anybody has the real insights on why the change please feel free to respond.

Thanks. :wave:

phlydude

The deal with the schools in the North is that so many of them were built from the 20's to the 60's. This was not a time where central A/C was a poopular (or cost effective option). Every school that I had ever went to used oil or gas fired boilers and HUGE cast iron radiators under the windows. After I left my grade school, they finally got ceiling fans.

The kids here go back in Sept. when it isn't as hot during the day (and the daylight hours are starting to fade) all the way through Mid-June when it is finally starting to get hot.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
the-reason14 said:
Thanks Patrick for the update. :wave:

I hate the new fastpass/standby line thing on splash mountain. A couple a weeks ago when we were there it was like that, and I was hoping it was just for our first week and that the second week it would be like it was in 2003. My dad thinks its probably because of safety reasons. The cave is pretty tight, and hes guessing that some ignorant ppl in the standby line maybe getting a little tired of seeing fastpassing ppl go by, and they're getting a little upset. And when the fastpass line builds up the stanby people are like right next to them, and they could possibly start harassing them. I also dont understand why the moniter isnt working were you get to preview your picture before you get off the ride. And the moniter in the cave where they use to show you pictures of other people going down the mountain, and that one with brer bear in it.

But the newer line, I found more people being adjactated in the stanby and fastpass line. they let a certain amount of people go into the cave, and that basically messes things up like you said in your update. But if anybody has the real insights on why the change please feel free to respond.

Thanks. :wave:
I have never experienced a problem using fastpass on Splash for Standby people. Atleast there were things to look at in the standby queue.

On Space Mountain, you are taking your life in your hands when you walk through that fastpass line. Standby folks can be SO mean lol.

MKCP 1985

the-reason14 said:
But the newer line, I found more people being adjactated in the stanby and fastpass line. they let a certain amount of people go into the cave, and that basically messes things up like you said in your update.

WHAT did you say? :veryconfu

tigger248

I'm obviously part of the minority here, but I actually kinda liked the way the splash line was. It seemed to help things flow a little smoother at the load area with only one line to deal with. Most rides merge fast pass and stand by before they get to the load area. I just think that it has to be easier on the attraction cast members to only have to deal with one line when trying to get people into the boats.

UofL starting early this year sorta messes me up, because I have to work at the KY state fair which is the 19-29 and school starts the 23. That sorta limits the hours that I will be able to work, which I don't necessarily like! Oh well, I'm actually looking forward to classes starting back up. I'm only taking classes for my major (psychology) and my minor (music history) so it should be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom