"Isn't there someplace else you could vacation at???"

d'Isigny

Now see...I like to go to a place that has a nice resort...free transportaion...shopping...dining at a different restaurants every night...parades...rides...artistry for miles...fireworks...ferryboat rides...stage shows...safari rides...nightly entertainment...a beach...visiting different countries...educational pavilions...aquarium...street actors...music reviews...
etc.

and most people that question my choice...I learn...either go to the same beach each year...or skiing....but always the same place.

at Disney, you get so much more

mills

Me and my father have gone the last six years in a row. My brother always asks my dad, why do you waste all your money on Disney. Last year, they spent the same amount of money for a vacation in the Wisconsin Dells. Hmmmmm, Disney---Dells---Disney---Dells:confused:

saltmom1

Someone on another thread like this compared it The Polar Express. -Some people never hear the bell. I thought that was a perfect analogy.

DiPSU224

I've had about 7 people at work tell me about how I should be going to Hawaii for my honeymoon, and I'm being ridiculous for going to Disney again. Well, the thing is, we have no desire to go to Hawaii, not do we have the budget to go to Hawaii. I told them if they're willing contribute some money to our savings then they can tell me where I can go. And why shouldn't we go back to Disney? Last time I checked, it was our honeymoon, not theirs. It's the place we love and it's the place we fell in love. Now when people ask where we're going, I just say I don't know yet. It's easier than having to explain. :)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
DiPSU224 said:
I've had about 7 people at work tell me about how I should be going to Hawaii for my honeymoon, and I'm being ridiculous for going to Disney again. Well, the thing is, we have no desire to go to Hawaii, not do we have the budget to go to Hawaii. I told them if they're willing contribute some money to our savings then they can tell me where I can go. And why shouldn't we go back to Disney? Last time I checked, it was our honeymoon, not theirs. It's the place we love and it's the place we fell in love. Now when people ask where we're going, I just say I don't know yet. It's easier than having to explain. :)

But you almost are going to Hawaii staying at the Poly! :lol:
You can also do Germany, Italy, China etc in one afternoon,
Hollywood/LA the next,
African safari the day after that.
Mix in a over 100 dining choices running the full spectrum, championship golf courses, water sports, premium spa's, tennis, horseback riding

....where else can you get all of that in one place

kodiak5bears

A co-worker of mine, who goes to the beach three or four times every summer, asked me once "Why do you go to Disney World so often? Does it change that much?" I asked her "Why do you go to the beach so often? Does it change that much?" She got the point.

LOL- My sister and her husband are "beach people". All my life I wanted to go to Disney and after 14 years of marriage and 3 kids later we took our 1st trip! Now I am planning our 2nd annual (hopefully many more to come) trip to WDW... I actually talked my sister and brother in law into coming!!

Who cares how old you are... Disney World is the HAPPIEST place on earth! :wave:

AshAlytwins

The same goes for me...just like alot of people who get asked why do we go back every year? WE LOVE IT!!! We do the annual family 12 hour -2 day-trek to Myrtle Beach...all 12 of us in our Condo...3 bathrooms.....one living room....Beach...water....sitting....sitting...more beach...more water....then a 12 hour drive home....What gets me through that "Vacation" is knowing that 4 months later we will be in Disney, enjoying the atmosphere and fun!!!
P.S. We always go the same time of year because as myfather-in-law says, " We can't come along that time of year, it's too close to the Holidays."
I always wonder..."Who invited you to come along anyway??"

nibblesandbits

JMishy said:
Is it really so strange to keep wanting to go back to WDW?? Why do people insist on reminding us that there are other places to vacation at? Can't they just be happy that we're happy? :brick:

Has something like this happened to anyone else?

I think that a lot of people just don't get the magic. Although, wouldn't it be great to ask these same people "Well why do you go to the Carribbean all the time?" or something to that effect. Everybody has a place they would prefer to vacation in, but most people don't understand why "grown-ups" would want to vacation in a spot for the "kiddies." They believe that we should be vacationing in more "grown-up" locals.

nibblesandbits

hcswingfield said:
A co-worker of mine, who goes to the beach three or four times every summer, asked me once "Why do you go to Disney World so often? Does it change that much?" I asked her "Why do you go to the beach so often? Does it change that much?" She got the point.
Exactly! :D

DisneyFreak529

(My spelling sucks, I know! )

My mother was born in Italy so I have been to Italy twice. Some day my husband & I want to see Pairs. We also want to go to all 50 states. We have been to....

Chicago- Illinois
Connecticut
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
California
Florida

Before I meet my husband I went to....

Kanasas
Minisota

I love Florida, we want to live there. I live in New York & I love New York, but I hate snow!!! I think people who haven't seen & felt the magic at WDW just don't understand why we love it. Disney is a really good trip!!!

I have friends here that go once a year. I think now that I'm getting older & I'm thinking of having children of my own I will not go once a year, but maybe every 2-3 years. Then take my kids some were else. Show the the world a little.

dixiegirl

my personal favorite is when someone says " oh well maybe after the kids are grown, cause "that place" is perfect for you right now then you can go to an island or something". nope , i can still see going to disney world every year......kids or not....I love Disney World...plain and simple!!!!! we've done the "cruise thing ..and the island thing"...disney..well you guys understand....at least here i feel so normal talking about Resort tv..lol

13 more days......13.......till i can feel the magical rush!!!!!!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
figmentmom said:
Every year. ;) When someone asks you if there isn't anywhere ELSE to visit on vacation, just answer. "No - no, there isn't." :D

I've even heard of some people that pass on their summer vacation and go WORK for Disney....:lookaroun

Debbie

ClemsonTigger said:
I've even heard of some people that pass on their summer vacation and go WORK for Disney....:lookaroun

:lol: And it just might be the best vacation of ALL!

I'm often asked how I could have afforded to go to WDW almost 30 times. I catch alot of flak about that. My reply is that you make it as expensive as you want. I want to show my boys other places in this world, but we keep gravitating back to WDW. Now that I've taken friends who've never been; they understand the attraction to it. My family, however, will start saving now, if we want to go later this year. The 'other people' don't make it a priority, and I find criticism comes from folks in that category.

Pippa

Most of my childhood holidays were spent on the WW1 battlefields of the Somme, France. My dad researches WW1 as a hobby so as an adult I need some fantasy and magic!!

MayKit

It's a great place that I can occasionally afford! lol

Australia is out of the question of course. It would be cool if they had a World Showcase pavilion!

E:E@AK

hcswingfield said:

A similar thing happened to me once with one of my friends, but they still dont get it. :(

figmentmom

E:E@AK said:
A similar thing happened to me once with one of my friends, but they still dont get it. :(

Well, stop trying to convince them! It'll make WDW that muuch less crowded on our next visit. ;) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom