Isn't it well past time for new parades?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe Dreamlights will head to the US once Tokyo gets bored with it (as they seem to do every few years...bless the OLC)

This would be a natural progression from Spectro - still retaining the scene changes and transformations, but with the theme of the MSEP for those Baroque dieahards and using updated technology. And that GORGEOUS music!

Scooter

I can understand how some people get tired of the same parades over and over, especially those of you with Florida resident annual passes, but it seems like whenever I am at a Disney Park, whether it's The Jammin Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom, The Stars and Cars Parade at Disney/MGM, or Share a Dream Come True and Spectromagic at The Magic Kingdom, there always seems to be a crowd around to watch it.

Even during the slow season I have been pushed and shoved by anxious parents trying to shove their video cameras and their children past me to get a better view.

While I can sympathize with those of you who go to Disney World more often than most of us, you have to remember than a lot of people in the parks are first timers, or people who only visit WDW every 5 years or so.

To these people these parades are NEW and exciting.

The Disney people know when their parades are getting stale, I'm sure they have research people checking these stats all the time.

The parades will change eventually...
... and until they do, I just avoid them and go on air conditioned rides with short lines while the newbies swelter in the Hot Florida sun waiting to watch the parades for their first time. :p

MouseMadness

Tell them not to change them until we've seen them all. :lookaroun

(Yes, we've gone twice a year for the past 3 years or so, and haven't seen all the parades. :eek: )

We just never make it a point to be lining up along the sidewalks to see them, although EVERY trip we say we're going to start! :lol: The only ones we did make a point to see were at Epcot, and of course they took those away. :(

Chape19714

Be patient, new parades are coming. From what I could see the new parades at DL are "testing" some newer parade technologies. Block Party Bash is one-of-a-kind due to the stops in 3 Party zones. Parade of Dreams features a stop where the entire parade route hears the same song, so no matter where you look, the entire parade is in perfect sync with itself.

General Grizz

Chape19714 said:
Be patient, new parades are coming. From what I could see the new parades at DL are "testing" some newer parade technologies. Block Party Bash is one-of-a-kind due to the stops in 3 Party zones. Parade of Dreams features a stop where the entire parade route hears the same song, so no matter where you look, the entire parade is in perfect sync with itself.
...although I wasn't too pleased with the individual loops from float to float. Suddenly, a float will be shooting out its own rhythm with "Be Our Guest" and then the next would shoot out another with "Part of Your World." (Not necessarily these songs). Whereas the individual float loops from SADCT each play in synch against the background theme, much like MSEP.

Mystic

I agree it's time to update the parades at the parks. Although I hope they don't change Jammin' Jungle or Spectromagic anytime soon. These two are my favourites but the Stars in Motor Cars and Share A Dream parades I can simply ignore. We saw them the first year we were down simply because we hadn't been in so long but now we make sure we're anywhere but near the parade routes when these parades go by.

shoppingnut

When my cousin worked at Disney in the accounting entertainment area, I recall her telling me that the break even point of a parade was 3 years. I really don't want to see Spectro changed dramatically, some updating would be good, but I love it the way it is now.

I wouldn't be surprised that the reason they are testing the parades is because of the huge failure they had at DL with Light Magic or shall we say Light Tragic. That parade lasted less than six months.

I know that the camels from MGM Aladdin parade were at one time outside the back lot tour and now those camels are the ones that spit water at you by the Flying Carpet Ride at MK. Things do get recycled.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
Light Magic was not a parade, it had large stages, not smaller floats.

I would have given anything to see that. And Rocket Rods for that matter. They both to seem like hated DL attractions that I really would have enjoyed.

manny8979@yahoo

Epcot Parade

Yes Epcot indeed needs a parade maybe Tapestry Of Dreams but redesigned
so that the puppets do not weigh as much because, they may use less money but can they use the same floats and just design more puppets or new puppets its a big task but it can be done. Long Live Tapestryf Nations/Dreams

shoppingnut

speck76 said:
Light Magic was not a parade, it had large stages, not smaller floats.

Well it did travel down Main Street and it may not have had small floats, but I believe it was still viewed as a parade. However, since it was a total flop and pulled within six months time, they lost money on that parade (or whatever you want to call it) because they didn't get back their investment. I saw the parade and it was awful, the floats had fiber optic lighting, but it was no where near as spectacular as spectro. Also, when the parade stopped and they performed at three specific locations, if you weren't in that location you didn't see the performance, unlike Remember the Magic where they stopped many times. So imagine everyone trying to crowd into those three locations, it was madness.

speck76

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
I would have given anything to see that. And Rocket Rods for that matter. They both to seem like hated DL attractions that I really would have enjoyed.

I think if DCA was built in FL, most WDW people would like DCA

DL people have different tastes

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
I think if DCA was built in FL, most WDW people would like DCA

DL people have different tastes

That's very true. I think the DL crowd is harder to please, but they only have 2 parks so it makes sense. I thought that Superstar Limo looked like a fun, corny dark ride. Oh well :lol:

speck76

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
That's very true. I think the DL crowd is harder to please, but they only have 2 parks so it makes sense. I thought that Superstar Limo looked like a fun, corny dark ride. Oh well :lol:

Part of the problem is that DL has been around for so long, the park offers much more than any other single park (it was built up because there was no other place to build the attraction). No matter what was built next to it, it would pale in comparison.

dxwwf3

Sorry for the thread drift about DLR, but to me DCA seems like a pretty nice park. You've got Soarin Over California which is easily one of the best attractions at WDW right now, a nice raft ride that seems to be alot better than Kali, a great outdoor roller coaster, 2 great 3D shows, and not to mention a fantastic version of my favorite Disney ride the Tower of Terror (I think the DCA version looks just as good as the WDW version. The loss of the 5th dimension room shouldn't be that big of a deal).

So I never understood all of the DCA bashing, but I've never been to the DLR and I too think that DCA would have been a big hit in Florida.

speck76

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
Sorry for the thread drift about DLR, but to me DCA seems like a pretty nice park. You've got Soarin Over California which is easily one of the best attractions at WDW right now, a nice raft ride that seems to be alot better than Kali, a great outdoor roller coaster, 2 great 3D shows, and not to mention a fantastic version of my favorite Disney ride the Tower of Terror (I think the DCA version looks just as good as the WDW version. The loss of the 5th dimension room shouldn't be that big of a deal).

So I never understood all of the DCA bashing, but I've never been to the DLR and I too think that DCA would have been a big hit in Florida.

Plus the Aladdin show which, from what I have been told, blows away all other park stage shows.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Blazing at WDW.... a logistical nightmare! Id love to see it too but I think WDW`s hub is far too small, not to mention the ammount of performers is staggering. Shameless plus: See a multi angle Blazing Rhythms video at Disney Central IRC :D - and you`ll see what I mean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom