Isn't it well past time for new parades?

Captain Hank

Light Magic wasn't a parade--it was a Street-Tacular! :)
See if they ever use that term again. While I'm adding to the thread drift, does anyone have a video of it? I'd love to see whether it was as wretched as people say.

Tokyo's Dreamlights looks (and sounds) fantastic, though I personally prefer incandescent lights to fiber optics. I really like the idea of Fantillusion, though I wasn't impressed with the actual design of the floats. They lacked depth (literally), in my opinion. I really think Spectromagic has at least a few years left in it, though.

dxwwf3

Captain Hank said:
Light Magic wasn't a parade--it was a Street-Tacular! :)
See if they ever use that term again. While I'm adding to the thread drift, does anyone have a video of it? I'd love to see whether it was as wretched as people say.

I've looked everywhere for a video of Light Magic and I can't find one anywhere. Hopefully somebody can run across a vid of it in the future.

TTATraveler

I'd like to see a Parade of Dreams style parade come to WDW. The parade stop feature is cool and definately made the parade different from a traditional parade. I missed seeing the Block Party at DCA :( , so I can't comment on that one.

I haven't seen Stars and Cars in a few years, have they added anything related to The Incredibles? One way to keep that parade fresh would be to add new cars/scenes pertaining to newer Disney films and Pixar films if they can. AK's parade is good, but nothing special. The park really isn't designed for a parade though, since the walkways are pretty tight.

speck76

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
I haven't seen Stars and Cars in a few years, have they added anything related to The Incredibles? One way to keep that parade fresh would be to add new cars/scenes pertaining to newer Disney films and Pixar films if they can. AK's parade is good, but nothing special. The park really isn't designed for a parade though, since the walkways are pretty tight.

No, but they added in the Power Rangers

One thing that I like about HKDL is that there is a large defined parade route......something I think is very nice, and could probably be retrofitted into a few of the other parks.

http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL1004/3708595/7645890/100423108.jpg

mkepcotmgmak

i thought that after the 50 celebration, wdw and dl were trading day parades, which would be SO cool with me!

i want to see an updated spectromagic, like tokyo's dreamlights!

and the disney paris parade that has the song "all around the world" would be great for WORLD showcase!

Captain Hank

mkepcotmgmak said:
i thought that after the 50 celebration, wdw and dl were trading day parades, which would be SO cool with me!

i want to see an updated spectromagic, like tokyo's dreamlights!

and the disney paris parade that has the song "all around the world" would be great for WORLD showcase!
I believe you're talking about ImagiNations, and I agree, at least thematically. The traffic around WS was a bit of a problem, though.

dxwwf3

Captain Hank said:
The traffic around WS was a bit of a problem, though.

I still don't see how it would be any worse than the AK. Of course I only saw TON once and I haven't seen the Jammin Jungle Parade, but I think I have a pretty good idea of the width of the walkways. I think if they can pull off a parade at the AK, then can put one just about anywhere.

speck76

Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
I still don't see how it would be any worse than the AK. Of course I only saw TON once and I haven't seen the Jammin Jungle Parade, but I think I have a pretty good idea of the width of the walkways. I think if they can pull off a parade at the AK, then can put one just about anywhere.

World Showcase at night is a bit more congested than DAK at 4pm....especially during the Food and Wine festival

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
World Showcase at night is a bit more congested than DAK at 4pm....especially during the Food and Wine festival

Well yeah...at night. I always forget that there was a showing of TOD at night before Illuminations. I always think of that as a daytime parade.

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
and Spectro is the oldest parade around.......

But for some reason, I too still think it feels the freshest. It feels like Share A Dream Come True has been around longer than Spectro.

dannb1001

Parade Replacements

I really think They should Replace SpectroMagic with eaither Disney's Fantillusion From Disneyland Paris or better yet Disney's Electrical Parade Dreamlights From Tokyo Disneyland. I have the CD of that parade, it Rocks. Does anyone know if there is a possible change coming in the near future for SpectoMagic or any other parade? Another parade i would LOVE to see back is Tapestry Of Nations, or a replacement and have it be Blazing Rhythems from Tokyo Disneyland. Let me know if anyone has info on replacements! IM me if you wish, for that morning/early afteroon is the best time.

Captain Hank

dannb1001 said:
I really think They should Replace SpectroMagic with eaither Disney's Fantillusion From Disneyland Paris or better yet Disney's Electrical Parade Dreamlights From Tokyo Disneyland. I have the CD of that parade, it Rocks. Does anyone know if there is a possible change coming in the near future for SpectoMagic or any other parade? Another parade i would LOVE to see back is Tapestry Of Nations, or a replacement and have it be Blazing Rhythems from Tokyo Disneyland. Let me know if anyone has info on replacements! IM me if you wish, for that morning/early afteroon is the best time.
To my knowledge, there are currently no plans to replace Spectromagic. The parade is still extreemly popular, and I think Disney is a little hesitant now to mess with the nighttime parades after the Light Magic fiasco. However, I would really love to see Dreamlights in person. The video I saw made it look absolutely fantastic, like the MSEP to the nth power, and in fiber optics. If we ended up getting that, I doubt there would be any complaining from guests, though I would miss the Spectro music--I love the score of that parade.

I must say, though, I wasn't all that impressed with the video I saw of Fantillusion. Sure, the transforming floats are cool, but I felt that the floats themselves lacked depth and visual interest. Also, all of the characters are perched waaaaay up high on them, cutting down on the interaction between the characters and the crowd, which Spectro pulls off so well. I do like the Fantillusion music, though.

Unfortunately, Tapestry of Nations will NOT be coming back. The puppets caused some pretty nasty back injuries to the performers. Also, it clogged the World Showcase promenade horribly. That being said, I would LOVE to see Blazing Rhythms come to WDW, especially to Epcot. That has to be one of the coolest parades Disney has ever put out.

Captain Hank

MeTa said:
MSEP is by far the best and should never be changed.
I'm just curious if you've ever seen anything about Dreamlights? It has all of the major elements of the MSEP (Casey Jr. with the Drum, the Blue Fairy, Cinderella's ball, etc.), plus several more units of more recent films (Toy Story, etc.), plus it's done in fantastic fiber optics, and the music is a new version of Boroque Hoedown, just like MSEP. It's worth checking out.

dannb1001

Parade Replacements 2

Someone needs to put in Disney's mind of have the Dreamlights parade brought to Disney World and plus bringing Blazing Rhythms lol, seriously. It could be just me but, Tokyo Disneyland seems to be alot more UP, if you will, on Entertainment. Not sure exactly why that is. The only night parade they have not had is SpectroMagic.

dannb1001

Parade Videos?

Not to get off the subject, and i should probably post a new thread for this or whatever but, does anyone happen to have a video of :
Tapestry Of Natioins?
Tokyo Disneylands Blazing Rhythems?
Disney's Electrical Parade Dreamlights?
If anyone does or knows where let me know.

disneykw

dannb1001, you can find a video of all those parades on #disney-central on IRC. I'm sure you can find a guide to that program posted somewhere on the forums.

It's true that TDR has an UP in the entertainment in the parks. If you compare TDR's parade history to the other parks, you'll see what I mean. The reason for this, I believe, is that since the parks are built in metropolitan Tokyo, there is a very large percentage of the park's attendance that continues to return monthly, if not weekly. Because of this, they need to keep the parades and shows fresh and new. Usually, they have a daytime parade/show, a nighttime parade/show, one or two special events held in the park (which also may include a shorter special event parade), the fireworks of course, as well as all the smaller stage shows held throughout the parks all in one day. OLC isn't afraid of investing a lot of money into large projects in entertainment and attractions, like some of the other Disney-owned parks.

Even though I prefer new and unique parades instead of switching between the parks, I think it'd be pretty cool for Blazing to come to WDW. If they had it around the World Showcase like some of you mentioned, they can add some fire effects in the lagoon and possibly upgrade the Illuminations torches around the lagoon to shoot out some fireballs. But, on the other hand, the theme of the parade really has nothing to do with Epcot and the WS, so maybe MK really is the only place for it.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom