Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Last one doesn't work, bit it looks very good brizz ;)
Just remember that you do have more beach to work with...

And about the HM, I haven't decided where it would be located in Shadowland yet. That is something we will work out in unity.

And about a HM for each; don't worry, I have something special planned for each land. I'm very much into storytelling, no matter what ride we're talking, and I believe almost every single ride could be made so much more fun and compellign with the right story and storytelling to boost it.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Time for a little update once again. I've been thinking a lot about rides and it's still very few that's 100% to be included in the park. Those rides have now been placed on the map.

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL721/3205922/6543169/85137916.jpg
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL721/3205922/6543169/85138046.jpg

As always I would like some comments and suggestions for other rides. Don't worry, I have plenty more possible rides on the list, but it would always be nice to hear some ideas :)

And don't worry, I won't directly be placing all of the restaurants and none of the shops on this overview. But course there will be room for each and every one of them.

Total rides for the park will be somewhere between 55 and 65, also depends on whether you would call it's toontown house a ride.

ImaginEAR

Looks pretty good. So New England Square is permanent?

I thought of an attraction for it. It's an Omnimover ride that takes you inside a sandcastle to show what the house looks like from the inside. A tour of a lobster family's home inside a sandcastle.

Haunted Mansion in Shadowland... I don't know... Shadowland is themed to the evil villains, not Grim Grinning Ghosts.

Cinderella's Castle- Ehhhh.... I personally don't like the idea of cloning a castle which you can find up in Florida, which isn't so far from Florida.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
ImaginEAR said:
Looks pretty good. So New England Square is permanent?

I thought of an attraction for it. It's an Omnimover ride that takes you inside a sandcastle to show what the house looks like from the inside. A tour of a lobster family's home inside a sandcastle.

Haunted Mansion in Shadowland... I don't know... Shadowland is themed to the evil villains, not Grim Grinning Ghosts.

Cinderella's Castle- Ehhhh.... I personally don't like the idea of cloning a castle which you can find up in Florida, which isn't so far from Florida.

New England Square is nowhere near permanent. I need to be sure it will be exciting enough and have the right themed rides.
And I can't really see how your attraction idea for it ties in to the theme?

And about The Haunted Mansion and Shadowland. As I've tried to emphazise before, Shadowland is not a stolen idea. I just used the name, that has been used several times before. It will be themed around a ghost town concept. And besides the Haunted Mansion will not be your regular Haunted Mansion. Changes will be made.

And about the castle: the name is just preliminary. Which princess it's going to be named after has yet to be fully decided, but this castle will be bigger than anyone ever seen before. The reason why I wrote the name is only because I want it to include some sort of attraction. That's it...

And about New England Square, I would really like to hear more about your ideas for it, because I'm still not convinced it would be the best idea for another area.

Oh and BTW, I'm really grateful that you're taking your time to criticize our work. I hoped many more people would give comments, but I'm very happy that you will. Is there still no chance that could be become part of the project?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
So anyways, I would still like some comments and I'm dazzled not more people want to join in on this project...

Oh and BTW swan&dolphin, did you want to help me on the content for the Grand Victorian?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
But s&d, I don't expect you to put up all your time for this project. Trust me, I too have plenty of things to look after and attend to.

What I would like is instead of you just suddenly posting an idea for a resort, which you apparently have spend some time working on, that we could discuss what Isle of Disney should include and what it shouldn't (co-operatively) and then join forces to create that much more and more detailed content.

I do believe that if we talk about our ideas trough before trying to sketch it out, we can both benefit from each others ideas and thereby create content for each others projects and easily creating more and better content. Communication is essential and all I want for this project is for lots of people to really discuss, well, almost everything BEFORE it takes actual shape.

Like, I see now that there are things to the Grand Victorian that needs to be changed and I seriously need to redesign it in some areas. Those mistakes could have been avoided by talking everything through first. That's also why I'm moving so slowly forward with the Magic Kingdom. I really want to rethink everything, not just do clones upon clones with minor changes, I want to talk to everyone on this project and find out what we really could do of cool stuff, if we forced each other to use our imagination.

wdwswan&dolphin

NeXuS1000 said:
But s&d, I don't expect you to put up all your time for this project. Trust me, I too have plenty of things to look after and attend to.

What I would like is instead of you just suddenly posting an idea for a resort, which you apparently have spend some time working on, that we could discuss what Isle of Disney should include and what it shouldn't (co-operatively) and then join forces to create that much more and more detailed content.

I do believe that if we talk about our ideas trough before trying to sketch it out, we can both benefit from each others ideas and thereby create content for each others projects and easily creating more and better content. Communication is essential and all I want for this project is for lots of people to really discuss, well, almost everything BEFORE it takes actual shape.

Like, I see now that there are things to the Grand Victorian that needs to be changed and I seriously need to redesign it in some areas. Those mistakes could have been avoided by talking everything through first. That's also why I'm moving so slowly forward with the Magic Kingdom. I really want to rethink everything, not just do clones upon clones with minor changes, I want to talk to everyone on this project and find out what we really could do of cool stuff, if we forced each other to use our imagination.

I agree wholeheartedly ;).
If you'd like to email me some ideas, here's my email address: philip2of6@yahoo.com.

MCBRIZZ5

wdwswan&dolphin

MCBRIZZ5 said:
Alright, yea i just figued you were going with a more Historical kinda New England Square like Liberty Square.

Here are the final first draft sketches of World Wide of Sports Hotel. Need a lot of comments on it because I know I'm missing something just can't figure out what. And Nexus is there an updated overview if so send me one.

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL838/3209516/6551854/85318496.jpg
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL838/3209516/6551854/85318403.jpg

Nice job! Where's the tennis though ;)?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Brizz --> Not an updated overview yet...

And the hotel looks really cool! Just remember that I set aside a lot more beach for the WWoS, so perhaps try to spread out the hotel blocks instead of making them too high... but looks really good so far!

s&d --> hehe, can't you remember that you're already on my Messenger list? I think you used that Web Messenger once, but unfortunately you haven't used it since. It's so much more easier communicating using instant messenger.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Here's the latest overview:

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL721/3205922/6543169/85402561.jpg

Not much has changed since, but still...

But I want to take each country step by step and therefore start from the bottom with Main Street. As you can see I've outlined some space for each attraction, stop, restaurant etc.

So what I would really like right is tons of ORIGINAL and CREATIVE ideas for Main Street. That applies both to attractions as well as shows, shops and restaurants. I need all the input I can get...

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Yeah, good idea. I also thought of having a "The Man Behind the Mouse" exhibit or movie or something to celebrate Walt Disney.

Oh and BTW, I just decide to write off Return of Jafar and River Styx from Shadowlands. The reason is I couldn't imagine Return of Jafar fitting into the theme and decided it would do much better for the Arabian Coast at DisneySea. With River Styx, it could fit into the theme, because of it's more dark colors, but the idea of an river... well, wouldn't that fit DisneySea better as well :)

Instead I have decided for a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction. An attraction based on Cruella deVille is also very appealing to me, but I'm still not sure whether you would be able to move the Scary Adventures of Snow White to this area.

Anyways, back to Main Street, you MUST have gotten more ideas ImaginEAR :)

For shops I would want a barber shop (of course), old time candy store and an antique store. A bakery is also a must-do IMO, but besides that I'm still thinking.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
For Main Street I also thought these Disney IP's perhaps could be used:
  • Basil - The Greatest Mouse Detective
  • Lady and the Tramp
Basil I think could be very fitting because of the cartoon style. I'm not completely sure what the attraction could be yet. Perhaps just a walkthrough of his house, perhaps something interactive with mystery solving.

Lady and the Tramp is also another name that came up during brainstorming. It may not be as fitting as some of the others, but it could definitly be made. Oh and what is the name of that italian guys restaurant in the movie? Could be a perfect tie-in restaurant for the attraction on Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom