Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

m star

Just an idea, why not make things a little different and put tomorrowland on the left, move some of the other lands around, change things up a bit.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
m star said:
Just an idea, why not make things a little different and put tomorrowland on the left, move some of the other lands around, change things up a bit.

Yeah, I thought about it too, but it could cause a lot of problems. If we just mirrored the whole thing, things wouldn't really be changed... and if we move the lands around one by one, it would be difficult to eg. place the big river in Frontierland...

And on the other hand, Adventureland - Frontierland as well as Frontierland - Shadowland as well as Shadowland - Fantasyland fit perfectly together side by side, since the theme changing can be very smooth...

ImaginEAR

Really cool, but you need a new, unique land to add to it. This just has the Showlands, which,. no offense, isn't really unique cause nearly everyone has it in their parks, but I still love the idea. Why not a New England Square or New York Square, you know?,

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
I dunnot if you noticed it, but I purposely made Main Street bigger by adding some side streets. I'm still not completely sure what to use with them, but they will definitely hold some real attractions, maybe be themed to popular US streets, so...

So maybe I do need a new land, but those examples you gave; well, I think there's enough of that in Main Street. And about shadowland, I haven't read everything everybody has thought it should be like, but for me I want a land really themed about the Haunted Mansion, you you get the picture...

Would you have any idea for a new land though? I did ask everyone for all the input they could give me on this new MK, but very few replied (sadly) and I didn't want to wait too long to start building it, so...

New2WDW

Looks Great!

Hello NeXuS1000! I have been looking at this thread and your images and it is neat to see some graphics with ideas. It looks great, keep up the good work. Are you using the Sketchup program or is this something else you are using to generate your images? If it is SU they are promoting there latest version with even greater materials, etc. Anyway, keep the images coming! Terrific job!

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
New2WDW said:
Hello NeXuS1000! I have been looking at this thread and your images and it is neat to see some graphics with ideas. It looks great, keep up the good work. Are you using the Sketchup program or is this something else you are using to generate your images? If it is SU they are promoting there latest version with even greater materials, etc. Anyway, keep the images coming! Terrific job!

Yeah, I'm using SketchUp, but I'm still learning it. The Grand Victorian was my very first SketchUp project, so...

ImaginEAR

Okay, new land... new land...

Africa Village Square (...)
New England Square
New York Square
Renaissance Square (Thou shall eat thy Turkey Leg or DIE!)
Mediterranean Square (This would actually be pretty cool)

You said land themed to the Haunted Mansion, what Haunted Mansion are you talking about?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
The Haunted Mansion ride itself will probably be completely new, but with the same creepy theme of the HM in WDW. So it will be sorta like a ghost town...

Africa Village Square --> Animal Kingdom ;) And we already have Adventureland
New England Square --> Perhaps. What would that include? What's the concept?
New York Square --> More intrigued about NE, but please do tell..
Renaissance Square --> Well, maybe it's just me, but I consider MK to express some sort of an american mixed with fantasy and imagination, and I can't see how the renaissance will fit into all that.
Mediterranean square --> Same as above, but since you say it would be pretty cool, please do explain...

ImaginEAR

NeXuS1000 said:
Africa Village Square --> Animal Kingdom ;) And we already have Adventureland
New England Square --> Perhaps. What would that include? What's the concept?
New York Square --> More intrigued about NE, but please do tell..
Renaissance Square --> Well, maybe it's just me, but I consider MK to express some sort of an american mixed with fantasy and imagination, and I can't see how the renaissance will fit into all that.
Mediterranean square --> Same as above, but since you say it would be pretty cool, please do explain...

African Village Square- Yep. That's what I thought.
New England Square- Think Beach Club/Tokyo DisneySea Cape Cod area in the American Waterfront.
Renaissance- Yeah, I see what you mean.
Mediterranean- Think Venice.

Honestly, I think I'd like to see New England Square. Have you heard of Grim Manor? It was one of the original concepts for the Haunted Mansion. It was supposed to be a dark, seaside haunted mansion.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
I think, if I did a New England square, it wouldn't have a haunted mansion, but please do give me everything you know about the Grim Manor... I'm intriguted...

And to eloborate on the New England Square, which attractions and such would you imagine it could hold?

BTW, I just tried to add it onto the overview:

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL721/3205922/6543169/84883474.jpg
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL721/3205922/6543169/84883489.jpg

And on another note, I just did a lot of brainstorming for rides. Except 100% completely new rides (that means with totally new characters etc.), I really wanted more rides to take use of the expansive Disney universe find in eg. Duckburg. They've built a lot of great characters, that really easily could find their way into several rides. Scrooge McDuck's Moneybin for Toontown, a ride based on DuckTales, Black Pete, the Beagle Boys as well as Magica deSpell for Shadowland, Scrooges past as a golddigger for Frontierland (as well as Duckburgs past as Fort Duckburg), Arizona Goof, José Carioca and the Junior Woodchucks for Adventureland, Gyro Gearloose for Tomorrowland and perhaps even TaleSpin and Basil Mouse for Main Street!

What ya think?

ImaginEAR

I told you all I knew about Grim Manor, but I sent something to Jim Hill. I'm sure he knows something about it.

Hmmm... yeah, that location could work great for New England Square.

Oh, where would you put the Haunted Mansion?

wdwswan&dolphin

How about a different haunted mansion/haunted house in each "land" (probably excluding Fantasyland), reflecting the superstitions/beliefs of the time period and/or place the "land" represents. I know that may sound a little repetitive, but with enough imagination and creativity, it might work. Not all would have to be slow dark rides--one could be a rollercoaster, another a water ride, another a walkthrough, etc. What do you think?

MCBRIZZ5

Would you consider POTC under these categories. If u make POTC a little scarier i would put it under it. And maybe a total new BTM with a beginnig like every dark ride and then it turn into a roller coaster. A lot more of an E-ticket than it is now. Kinda like an Expedition Everast kinda thing.

ImaginEAR

^ When you mean make Pirates "scarier", what do you mean? Do you mean the HKDL Pirates rumor, which is supposed to have a "Splash Mountain" style drop at the end, or scarier as in darker, more horrifying?

MCBRIZZ5

Scarier darker scenes in beginning then into the story we all love. Something for every1. Make the drop a little bigger but nothing to scary.

Also here is my first attempt at 3D in sketchup. Its not completly done still needs labling and i need to finish golf course but i just wanna no wat everyone thinks.

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL838/3209516/6551854/85003110.jpg
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL838/3209516/6551854/85002988.jpg
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL838/3
A basic description is that the blue building towards bottom of first picture is main building. THe three the that surround the football field are value priced like the ones at All Star Sports. AS you can see their are two pools and beach access. The golf course will go in the far right corner where it is accessicle from outside. Also the monorail is thing towards the right of the overhead drawing.
This last one I think I already posted but is just a rough design of Main Building

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL838/3209516/6551854/84320693.jpg209516/6551854/85002988.jpg

This is not finalized but the setup will stay the same because its to much of a pain to fix. I will take suggestions on what amenties i need to add (ex. laundrymat). Hope you like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom